U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:04 AM

2,491 posts, read 1,252,566 times

Advertisements

But was the kitty AI or real???!???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 03:40 PM

7,649 posts, read 5,404,882 times
I have to watch S2 E1 again, I got bored and fell sleep

Old 04-23-2018, 06:08 PM

2,700 posts, read 5,152,810 times
When Charlotte and Bernard arrived at that underground lab, she contacted someone on the outside using the computer and said that the package had been delivered. The "outside person" said they hadn't received it. She insisted it had been delivered.

QUESTION:
We know from from Season 1 that the sentient hosts had not necessarily spontaneously developed sentience. Rather, they had been programmed to become more self-aware. At the end of Season 1, Maeve seems to be the most sentient, the most in control of herself and operating under free will. She gets on the train, intent on leaving Delos, and at the last minute -- after seeing that other woman with her daughter -- she gets off the train and returns to Delos, because she wants to find her daughter.

That makes me think that maybe Maeve was the "package" that Charlotte thought had been delivered. What if all the actions leading up to Maeve's getting on the train were all part of her programming, but when she decided to get OFF the train and return to Delos, that was the moment she developed true sentience?

Old 04-23-2018, 06:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 19,718,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
When Charlotte and Bernard arrived at that underground lab, she contacted someone on the outside using the computer and said that the package had been delivered. The "outside person" said they hadn't received it. She insisted it had been delivered.

QUESTION:
We know from from Season 1 that the sentient hosts had not necessarily spontaneously developed sentience. Rather, they had been programmed to become more self-aware. At the end of Season 1, Maeve seems to be the most sentient, the most in control of herself and operating under free will. She gets on the train, intent on leaving Delos, and at the last minute -- after seeing that other woman with her daughter -- she gets off the train and returns to Delos, because she wants to find her daughter.

That makes me think that maybe Maeve was the "package" that Charlotte thought had been delivered. What if all the actions leading up to Maeve's getting on the train were all part of her programming, but when she decided to get OFF the train and return to Delos, that was the moment she developed true sentience?
That's a good call. Seems very likely.

I'm also not convinced Charlotte is human. I think she may end up being this season's Bernard. Is the similarity between Bernard's son's name (Charlie) significant? Charlie/Charlotte?

Old 04-23-2018, 07:01 PM

3,568 posts, read 4,195,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
That makes me think that maybe Maeve was the "package" that Charlotte thought had been delivered.
I don't think Maeve is the package. She's been acting as her own wildcard, Ford's programming notwithstanding. I thought Dolores "father", who had been deactivated, was brought back, and had something inserted into him?

Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 PM

2,700 posts, read 5,152,810 times
Very possible. It's been a few months since I glommed season 1 and I don't remember all the details.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:46 AM

1,010 posts, read 522,077 times
I enjoyed season one a lot, and it looks like they're kicking it up a notch with season two! Thandie Newton as Maeve is fabulous, and I really like Delores and Bernard as well. Although I'm not really a fan of the multiple timelines, I can see how it conveys the journey of becoming conscious of oneself, and conscious of one's past and integrating it into the present. Previously, the hosts didn't have memories of their past(s), and now they are remembering and incorporating them.

I am finding the subject matter quite fascinating and thought-provoking, and the high production values, the special effects, the fantastic acting, the beautiful costumes and set design are a real feast for the eyes! Can't wait for the next episode!

Old 04-30-2018, 08:55 AM

27,611 posts, read 24,793,924 times
Great episode last night.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:07 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,511,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Great episode last night.
Agreed. Love all the back story on William.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:33 AM

27,611 posts, read 24,793,924 times
I'm left wondering what that excavation site is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or