Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 07:31 AM

262 posts, read 201,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Last night when the next-week preview showed SEASON FINALE, it occurred to me: Season 2 is almost over, yet the plot has not progressed one iota from the finale of Season 1.

There has been a lot of character development in Season 2, but the plot has not progressed at all.

Maeve is now self-aware and wants her daughter back, but she is no further along in that than she was at the end of Season 1.

William wants to find his own meaning and solve Ford's puzzle, but he is no further along in that than he was at the end of Season 1.

Dolores wants to break free of Westworld and live free, but she is no further along in that than she was at the end of Season 1.

Bernard wants ... I'm not sure what. His arc has been nothing but baffling this season. What does he want? To obey Ford? To stop him?

Even the antagonists aren't any farther along. The park is still in chaos. Charlotte Hale, whom I thought might actually be interesting this season, is just a cut-throat corporate executive who continues being a cut-throat corporate executive.

Season 3 needs to step up its game. Otherwise, just hurry up with the new GAME OF THRONES show.
Do you even like William? Do you even like Westworld? It’s obvious that William is now questioning his own existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 07:38 AM

22,904 posts, read 28,201,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDwyer480 View Post
Do you even like William?
Like? No. He's a monster. Intrigued by? Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDwyer480 View Post
Do you even like Westworld?
I liked Season 1 a lot. Season 2 has been a bit of chore.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:05 PM

15,247 posts, read 12,911,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Just watched Episode 9 last night. I am definitely struggling to keep up with William.

So, what is he? Obviously all of his behaviors are on that card of everything he's done in the park. His wife seemed to know more about the business than she let on.

The video details of her suicide weren't really a surprise as William admitted in Season 1 she had seen the darkness in him that he kept hidden from everyone else.

What would be astounding would be if Juliet had been successfully and secretly replicated as a host before offing herself in the bathtub. She meets up with him in the "Valley Beyond" and shoots him in the head.

Dang, I'd pay money to see that.

Quote:
What is in William's arm? Is he part host, part human?

A cyborg?

You mean, since the iterations of James Delos kept degrading over a relatively short period of time, they switched to using a human brain in a host body?

At last, someone asked an intelligent question. You could be right.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
What is in William's arm? Is he part host, part human?
That was explained earlier in the episode when Bernard (a host) was in the car and "plugged in" on his arm. William cutting into his arm is his way of determining if he is a host or not.

I for one hope not. It seems a silly and pointless twist. A plot twist simply for the sake of having a plot twist.

One of the great things about William's arc in Season 1 was that it was showing that humans were becoming far more inhuman than the inhuman hosts. If it turns out elder William has been a host the entire time, then his Season 1 arc is revealed as mostly pointless.

I'm a little afraid the series finale is going to be young Ford staring into a Westworld snowglobe.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:32 PM

On the other hand, I think I have finally figured out what Dolores is up to. She is going to the Valley of the Beyond or whatever it is, where Delos has stored the memories of their human elite who want to live forever. She's going to wipe them out.

But I still don't understand why it has taken her 10 episodes to get there. I know the park is big, but I'm pretty sure they aren't in Australia.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:07 PM

15,247 posts, read 12,911,147 times
Quote:
On the other hand, I think I have finally figured out what Dolores is up to. She is going to the Valley of the Beyond or whatever it is, where Delos has stored the memories of their human elite who want to live forever. She's going to wipe them out.

But I still don't understand why it has taken her 10 episodes to get there. I know the park is big, but I'm pretty sure they aren't in Australia.

She hadda lotta killin' to do first. Because...um...ah...

Old 06-19-2018, 09:25 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,532,356 times
There are some predicted and rational spoilers on YouTube about S2E10. With all the confusing plot and time lines in this series I don't mind spoilers. I need all the help I can get.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:32 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,628,057 times
Quote:
That was explained earlier in the episode when Bernard (a host) was in the car and "plugged in" on his arm. William cutting into his arm is his way of determining if he is a host or not.

I for one hope not. It seems a silly and pointless twist. A plot twist simply for the sake of having a plot twist.
Yes, the episode did close with us just seeing him cut into his arm. We don't know if he found anything.

He has, however, survived way too many gunshot wounds.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:29 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,532,356 times
Quote:
Yes, the episode did close with us just seeing him cut into his arm. We don't know if he found anything.

He has, however, survived way too many gunshot wounds.
The "gunshot wounds" thing is one of my major negative distractions about the show. How some hosts go down with one wound and others take multiple hits and still keep going. Also how it seems some humans are immune to being hit when the bullets fly??

Old 06-20-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
The "gunshot wounds" thing is one of my major negative distractions about the show. How some hosts go down with one wound and others take multiple hits and still keep going. Also how it seems some humans are immune to being hit when the bullets fly??
This was inconsistent even in Season 1.

When William was first shot, he went down. He wasn't gravely hurt, but it hit hard enough to knock him down. But later, he let Teddy put his gun to his head and dared him to shoot.

Many hosts go down with a single shot. Dolores took at least three bullets and it didn't phase her.

As near as I can tell, guns do whatever the writer needs them to do in any given scene with no consistency whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV