U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 07:18 AM

2,342 posts, read 2,966,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Boy, that kid sure can pull hissey fits. I think Vera shot Marin. I don't think the kid would shoot her. Finalé next week. I think they find out Heather's dad has not been on the up and up, just like I have been suspicious of. It's been a pretty good show.
it's interesting, Marin had to make a phone call so maybe that person double crossed her. Or it could be the older guy with the ponytail, he saw the book mark in the bible and said he knew where she was going so maybe someone from Mosswood did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 08:44 AM

2,693 posts, read 967,071 times
The only one he showed it to was Vera.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:32 PM

21,442 posts, read 18,163,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
The only one he showed it to was Vera.
That's why I think Vera shot her.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:52 AM

1,239 posts, read 615,234 times
I was thinking it was Julian because he was staring at the gun on the table, but you may be right about Vera...Hell Hath no Fury...and she sees herself as his true mother, so doing anything to remove a potential threat makes sense.

Not sure where Novack's dad fits into all this - unless he is protecting Heather from something, but surely it could not have been her....

Old 09-16-2018, 10:46 PM

9,079 posts, read 9,238,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
it's interesting, Marin had to make a phone call so maybe that person double crossed her. Or it could be the older guy with the ponytail, he saw the book mark in the bible and said he knew where she was going so maybe someone from Mosswood did it.
I think that season 2 will follow season 1 by bringing all the conspiracy players together at the end. We still don't know how the general townsfolk including Heather's father ( Jack Novack) and the Police Chief (Tom Lidell) are involved, and even Harry's mother might play into the finale.

Season #1 characters
  1. Bill Pullman as Detective Harry Ambrose
  2. Jessica Biel as Cora Tannetti
  3. Christopher Abbott as Mason Tannetti
  4. Abby Miller as Sergeant Caitlin Sullivan
  5. Joanna Adler as Captain Anne Farmer
  6. Danielle Burgess as Maddi
  7. Patti D'Arbanville as Lorna Tannetti, Mason's mother
  8. Kathryn Erbe as Fay Ambrose, Harry's wife
  9. Enid Graham as Elizabeth Lacey, Cora's mother
  10. Jacob Pitts as J. D.
  11. Nadia Alexander as Phoebe Lacey, Cora's sister
  12. Rebecca Wisocky as Margaret Lacey, Cora's aunt
  13. Eric Todd as Frankie Belmont
  14. Robert Funaro as Ron Tannetti, Mason's father

Season #1 Finale
Spoiler
Harry tracks the men suspected of killing J. D. to a fake medical clinic. One of the men, Duffy, is killed and the other admits Duffy killed J. D., who was running a major opioid ring. Harry then finds Maddie alive, who tells him J. D. started the ring immediately after the night Phoebe was killed. All of the doctors whose licenses were fraudulently used by J. D. were colleagues of Dr. Patrick Belmont, Frankie's father. The body found in the woods is confirmed as Phoebe, disposed of by J. D. and Dr. Belmont. Harry takes Cora to the Belmonts' house, where she remembers the remaining events. Unable to kill Cora, Dr. Belmont held her captive for two months in the wallpapered room, giving her drugs to prevent her from remembering and hiding his identity with the mask. J. D. blackmailed Dr. Belmont to support his opioid ring. Cora's sentence is reduced due to extreme emotional disturbance. The judge orders her transfer from prison to a psychiatric facility where her case will be reviewed every two years until she is deemed fit to be released where she will not be of harm to herself or others.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:02 PM

33,949 posts, read 32,402,154 times
I want the names of the critics who said this season is better than Season One. Not even close. I had to watch the next to last episode On Demand because I also fell asleep during it. That never happened during Season One and who falls asleep during the next to last episode of any show?

Has anyone noticed if they changed writers this season?

Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM

1,239 posts, read 615,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I want the names of the critics who said this season is better than Season One. Not even close. I had to watch the next to last episode On Demand because I also fell asleep during it. That never happened during Season One and who falls asleep during the next to last episode of any show?

Has anyone noticed if they changed writers this season?
I am enjoying this season, but I agree with you that Season One was far more interesting.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:51 PM

21,442 posts, read 18,163,061 times
Hmmm, well, I'll be!

Old 09-19-2018, 10:34 PM

9,079 posts, read 9,238,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hmmm, well, I'll be!
A little jarring at the end.

Spoiler
Although the writers meant to convey that everyone is capable of darkness, having Heather's dad be a rapist and the father of Julian seems a little over the top. While technically the show is not a who-dunnit, I am wary of writers who introduce stuff at the end with no foreshadowing whatsoever.

The recording of the session with Ambrose just left me confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I am enjoying this season, but I agree with you that Season One was far more interesting.
I thought Season One was more coherent.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:52 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,402,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post

I thought Season One was more coherent.
Amen to that. I noticed they advertised Season One as being on Netflix or Hulu (can't remember which) after the season finale. I own that season but I won't be purchasing Season 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV