U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 01:26 PM

14,301 posts, read 20,557,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
episode three

I'm I the only one who thinks the "doctor" in scrubs with the animal mask looked an awful lot like her husband?
Oh I hadn't noticed. Excellent theory.

I am enjoying this for the most part. However there are WAY too many commercials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 02:50 AM

3,020 posts, read 2,060,623 times
I HATE it when people say that there are too many commercials. There are the same number of commercials on EVERY show. People who hate commercials shouldn't watch TV.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:35 AM

2,491 posts, read 1,253,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I HATE it when people say that there are too many commercials. There are the same number of commercials on EVERY show. People who hate commercials shouldn't watch TV.
Wow! You know when cable started there were no commercials. You paid extra NOT to have them. Well that went away and now you can play on demand but they still make you watch them with no fast forward. I always tape so I can fast forward. A nicer suggestion don't you think?

Old 08-19-2017, 04:19 PM

9,070 posts, read 9,230,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I'm I the only one who thinks the "doctor" in scrubs with the animal mask looked an awful lot like her husband?
They specifically said in the promos that the husband had some dark secrets as well. I wouldn't be shocked if the detective's bizarre S&M sexual drive doesn't feed into the plot as well.

I do hope that they don't follow the plotline where she does the big reveal again, only to find it is a simple lie. The parents dead, the pregnancy, the heroin addiction. Three times is enough.

My question is about Phoebe. I assume that she isn't really dead. When will she show up? And how did Frankie Belmont know Cora?

Old 08-19-2017, 04:23 PM

19,702 posts, read 8,231,578 times
Quote:
Or watch using the time-delay DVR method. With programs on HBO or Showtime, you can watch when they are on. With shows on TNT or FX, we either wait 20 minutes and then watch DVR or watch it the next night.

Pretty easy to avoid them these days.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:32 PM

9,070 posts, read 9,230,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Advertisers spend about $50 per household per month on USA television advertising. My guess is that sports attracts the lions share of that amount.

With more and more people watching commercial free video these days, I wonder where studios are going to make up the lost income? I'm sort of tired of watching characters munching on Twizzlers licorice or breaking dialogue to admire the latest gimmick on a car.

I think they should go back to subliminal messages so that I don't have to hear them talking about Subway sandwiches as part of the dialogue.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:20 PM

14,301 posts, read 20,557,796 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Or watch using the time-delay DVR method. With programs on HBO or Showtime, you can watch when they are on. With shows on TNT or FX, we either wait 20 minutes and then watch DVR or watch it the next night.

Yup, I do. Just something I noticed. There are more commercials than normal during this show. No need for the snark. I can imagine us having the conversation in person... and both of you talk to me just like this.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:19 PM

19,702 posts, read 8,231,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Yup, I do. Just something I noticed. There are more commercials than normal during this show. No need for the snark. I can imagine us having the conversation in person... and both of you talk to me just like this.
I wasn't being snarky--not sure why you thought i was.

Just a suggested way to watch without commercials. There are too many, and they load them up at the end every five minutes.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:37 PM

2,342 posts, read 2,965,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I DVR every episode and fast forward thru, but it did seem to me that there were more commercial breaks than on a standard hour show, not that big of a deal when you can FF on 4x power but something I noticed.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:29 PM

33,949 posts, read 32,392,016 times
I've watched every episode "On Demand" because I have no idea when it is actually on and have been too lazy to look it up. I saw Jacob Pitts on the last episode. That was a pleasant surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV