U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 04:44 PM

2,342 posts, read 2,965,003 times

Advertisements

the masked man should be reveled this week. Looking at the new episode it looks like his body type is thicker than that of her husband.

I'm wondering if one of the cops isn't involved, there was a scene a while back where two co-workers of Bill Pullmans character were chastising him for investigating the case further. Maybe. I just don't know.

Or they were just showing how Pullmans character was thinking outside the box and it doesn't mean anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 09:19 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,385,955 times
Is Cora's father dead?

Old 09-13-2017, 09:34 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,281,421 times
Well, well, well....
That was a shocker!

Old 09-14-2017, 09:55 AM

9,067 posts, read 9,225,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Well, well, well....
That was a shocker!
SPOILER ALERT

The 7th episode was quite shocking, but in many ways not what we expect.

Spoiler

The reality of the night proves to be deeply familiar yet profoundly different from what we expected, with characters and elements distorted and displaced in Cora’s mind by both her trauma and the limits of her memory

The Beverwyck partially lives up to the build up as a sex trap for young women, with JD proving to be a procurer. But Frankie turns out is not a monster, if not particularly wholesome. He does appear to be what Phoebe was looking for.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:38 PM

I thought it was interesting that the entire episode was a flashback.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:19 PM

2,342 posts, read 2,965,003 times
some things were revealed but not as much as I thought would be. The masked man turned out to be nothing big and then at the end they showed another one again wearing scrubs. It's all coming down to the last episode!

Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 PM

2,768 posts, read 2,313,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
What a creepy episode last night.
I am disturbed by last night's episode-(for this reason I like "Good Behavior" better-you can laugh at "Good Behavior". There is no laughing with "Sinner" it's like an awful car wreck you really want to look away from, but can't! I don't want to spoil it for others, but we are beginning to understand why Cora stabbed that man. Certainly, whoever wrote that book is warped, as warped as Stephen King any day. I mean the detective likes majorly rough sex.

Last edited by FlowerPower00; 09-14-2017 at 07:07 PM..

Old 09-17-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I am disturbed by last night's episode-(for this reason I like "Good Behavior" better-you can laugh at "Good Behavior". There is no laughing with "Sinner" it's like an awful car wreck you really want to look away from, but can't! I don't want to spoil it for others, but we are beginning to understand why Cora stabbed that man. Certainly, whoever wrote that book is warped, as warped as Stephen King any day. I mean the detective likes majorly rough sex.
I do not know why Cora stabbed Frankie.

Spoiler
He was doing CPR and he didn't give Phoebe the drugs. Who was in the ground by the school bus? Is it Maddie or Phoebe or someone else? I think the lady cop/detective said to Cora, "You mean who else did you kill," (or something like that when Cora didn't cop to a second murder). What if Cora is actually the bad one leading Ambrose astray? What if she killed Frankie to shut him up? Where are the parents?

Here's an interesting spoiler read with more questions than answers. If you are up to date, it's okay to read. It does not reveal what is in the final episode.

The Sinner Finale Burning Questions: Who

The actress who plays the adult Phoebe deserves some kind of supporting award.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:50 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,143,137 times
I had watched through episode 7 on demand but something is off according to what I'm reading here. On Demand is screwed up sometimes it says 7 but according to here I've only seen though 6.

I like this generally but its not as good as some shows of similar lines. I like Pullman but either he or the director is doing the squint and squint side eye a bit much. I'm find the exact same 7 strikes ad a big thing to be a bit of a stretch. I'm not sure that is possible or realistic.
Spoiler
I also dont know how Phoebe goes from having to be mostly carried around the house to walking into a bar,
then later to the Manor and down the stairs etc.

Most shows and murder mystery books for that matter have some stupid in them though so....
Jessica Beal is doing a good job.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:34 AM

14,298 posts, read 20,550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I had watched through episode 7 on demand but something is off according to what I'm reading here. On Demand is screwed up sometimes it says 7 but according to here I've only seen though 6.

I like this generally but its not as good as some shows of similar lines. I like Pullman but either he or the director is doing the squint and squint side eye a bit much. I'm find the exact same 7 strikes ad a big thing to be a bit of a stretch. I'm not sure that is possible or realistic.
Spoiler
I also dont know how Phoebe goes from having to be mostly carried around the house to walking into a bar,
then later to the Manor and down the stairs etc.

Most shows and murder mystery books for that matter have some stupid in them though so....
Jessica Beal is doing a good job.
I am finding the entire series completely far fetched. Maybe the finale will tie it all together. However there are so many strange things happening, for me why is the detective so involved? It has been slow moving and very much a snoozefest. If it weren't a short series I would have stopped watching awhile ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV