U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 12:45 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,061,937 times

Advertisements

So the boy killed the adults but the woman wasn't his mother. I wonder who she was and I wonder if the man was his father.
If he wasn't, then what was he doing with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 01:11 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,284,392 times
OK. .I had to restart and rewatch 4 tines before I got to the hotel room scene.
Glad I did.
Something new to look forward to now on TV.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:06 PM

21,451 posts, read 18,163,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
Ok, good, because I wasn't interested in the first season but I think I want to watch this one.

Tami, is that a good interesting or an "I don't know what I just saw" interesting?
Lol, Pina, I'm still not quite sure which interesting it was. After seeing next week's preview, I hope I have a more definitive feeling.

I did figure out Julian didn't have "tissues" in his hand like the motel manager told the cops, it was Jimpson weed. That unconfused me about that.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:24 AM

1,239 posts, read 616,036 times
Pretty good show so far. I am very curious to learn who "mom and dad" were and what they had planned on doing with the boy.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:56 AM

6,840 posts, read 4,439,310 times
Is Jessica Biel really behind this series?

Old 08-03-2018, 12:43 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,061,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Is Jessica Biel really behind this series?
Yes she is.

Last edited by John F S; 08-03-2018 at 01:00 PM..

Old 08-08-2018, 09:19 PM

That was a gooood episode!

Old 08-09-2018, 09:03 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,402,154 times
I don't think the characters are as interesting this season (so far) as they were last season. Ambrose was a hot mess last season right from the get-go. Now he's just a plain old detective with a Type B personality and he's paired with the female cop who is also low key and who doesn't have much of a personality, in my opinion, other than look pained through 2 episodes even in her flashback scene. The head of the police department is also low key.

Remember the pain in the butt female (hated her in a good way) they brought in to oversee the investigation, in Season 1, plus the fun guy that was Ambrose's friend in the office? Tracy Letts' (much more personality in his Season 4 Homeland character) character I'm rooting for and hope he has a bigger part than what we've seen so far. The only ones with a little bit of unusualness in Season 2, which made them interesting, were the couple killed off in the first episode. Maybe they'll be back in flashback. Carrie Coon's character has the exact same personality she had in her The Leftovers character. And the kid, I have no opinion about him, whatsoever. I don't find him to be sympathetic or scary and I'm not interested in him or what happened to him. He's just blah.

Of course, since I'm a Jacob Pitts fan, I miss J.D. as the sleazy drug dealing bad guy from Season 1. But Cora, her sister, the husband, the woman who gave Ambrose the pain, the guy who accidently killed Cora's sister and J.D.'s old girlfriend --- those characters were alive and more important, had different personalities, than each other. And they jumped off the TV screen as soon as they first appeared.

But we've only had 2 episodes, maybe this season just starts off slow as far as character introduction goes.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:35 PM

It IS low key. That is why I am enjoying it immensely. I prefer cerebral shows that you have to use your mind.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:27 PM

1,239 posts, read 616,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't think the characters are as interesting this season (so far) as they were last season. Ambrose was a hot mess last season right from the get-go. Now he's just a plain old detective with a Type B personality and he's paired with the female cop who is also low key and who doesn't have much of a personality, in my opinion, other than look pained through 2 episodes even in her flashback scene. The head of the police department is also low key.

Remember the pain in the butt female (hated her in a good way) they brought in to oversee the investigation, in Season 1, plus the fun guy that was Ambrose's friend in the office? Tracy Letts' (much more personality in his Season 4 Homeland character) character I'm rooting for and hope he has a bigger part than what we've seen so far. The only ones with a little bit of unusualness in Season 2, which made them interesting, were the couple killed off in the first episode. Maybe they'll be back in flashback. Carrie Coon's character has the exact same personality she had in her The Leftovers character. And the kid, I have no opinion about him, whatsoever. I don't find him to be sympathetic or scary and I'm not interested in him or what happened to him. He's just blah.

Of course, since I'm a Jacob Pitts fan, I miss J.D. as the sleazy drug dealing bad guy from Season 1. But Cora, her sister, the husband, the woman who gave Ambrose the pain, the guy who accidently killed Cora's sister and J.D.'s old girlfriend --- those characters were alive and more important, had different personalities, than each other. And they jumped off the TV screen as soon as they first appeared.

But we've only had 2 episodes, maybe this season just starts off slow as far as character introduction goes.
I couldn't agree more. The first episode I was intrigued, the second episode bored me. I find the lady cop quite boring, the mother is so far just seeming like an ordinary mother, despite her living arrangements, and the kid is a little dull. The parents were interesting but they are dead.

I'll give in another one of two episodes, though.

I found the characters in the first one much more complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV