Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 05:50 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,569,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Would he be the Bachelor right after being on Bachelor in Paradise?

I wonder if it'll be Kenny and involve his daughter. Their relationship really seems to resonate with a lot of people.
Well it didn't with me. No one forced him to go on the show and be separated from his daughter. Surely he could find a woman without being on a TV show. Also, is the girl's mother alive? If not, why didn't his relationship work out with her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Obviously I don't agree. They were extremely disrespectful of him, and for what, insensitive off color jokes he tweeted a year ago? There was nothing he did in the house that was racist, that came from Kenny himself and from what I watched on the episodes. Redd Foxx, Richard Pryor and many others have made fortunes off of off-color racial jokes. Difference is they were funny, Lee just thought he was. And if he wants to tell jokes he should come up with original ones, not drudge up old jokes that were never funny in the first place.

Shame on the network and the producers of the Bachelor franchise, including Chris Harrison. Let's see, they were flamed for years for not having a black Bachelor or enough people of color as contestants. What better way to take the heat off themselves by throwing Lee under the bus. That young man needs a lawyer that will help him sue for defamation of character and creating a hostile environment. I doubt he has it in him to go down that route, however.

That franchise is deteriorating, or at least being exposed more and more as a fraud, very little reality involved.

Whatever, I'm done talking about this issue, and probably with watching the show as well.
Well, we didn't see everything that happened, but if Dean says Lee is racist then I believe him because Dean has no reason to lie. It's not like he needed to spend any time jumping on Lee just to get a few more minutes of fame like some of the other guys.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:09 PM

16,390 posts, read 12,405,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Well it didn't with me. No one forced him to go on the show and be separated from his daughter. Surely he could find a woman without being on a TV show. Also, is the girl's mother alive? If not, why didn't his relationship work out with her?
My speculative guess (given the fact that he is raising his daughter and the closeness of their relationship) is that the mother, for whatever reason, is no longer a part of the girl's life. Whether or not that has anything to do with why the relationship didn't work out, we simply don't know.

No, no one forced him to be separated from his daughter. I don't think the relationship resonated with people out of some idea of pity that they were separated. It was just their closeness that was special. He's certainly not the first single parent to go on the show.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
My speculative guess (given the fact that he is raising his daughter and the closeness of their relationship) is that the mother, for whatever reason, is no longer a part of the girl's life. Whether or not that has anything to do with why the relationship didn't work out, we simply don't know.

No, no one forced him to be separated from his daughter. I don't think the relationship resonated with people out of some idea of pity that they were separated. It was just their closeness that was special. He's certainly not the first single parent to go on the show.
Yeah, and I question some of the others as well. Maybe he should hook up with Amanda Stanton since she keeps trying to find "love" on TV.

But if I can't have Chad or Luke for bachelor, I guess I'd be willing to watch Peter, Bryan, Alex, or Adam from Rachel's season. Let's be honest: we know they won't choose a black bachelor right after Rachel. I heard that they might even be thinking of bringing Ben Higgins back which I think is a terrible idea.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:26 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,240,960 times
Get someone new. Anyone but the current leftovers.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:24 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,566,225 times
Don't you remember Jason Meznick when he was The Bachelor? He was a single father. He's one of the few Bachelor success stories - he and Molly have a child of their own now, too. I think a single father would be more likely to really make the effort to make a good choice, and Jason is a good example.

And why wouldn't they have another Black protagonist? No reason in the world not to.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Don't you remember Jason Meznick when he was The Bachelor? He was a single father. He's one of the few Bachelor success stories - he and Molly have a child of their own now, too. I think a single father would be more likely to really make the effort to make a good choice, and Jason is a good example.
I didn't watch his season.

Quote:
And why wouldn't they have another Black protagonist? No reason in the world not to.
They aren't going to suddenly have two black leads in a row after all this time of having white leads. Kenny crying on the phone with his daughter isn't going to change that.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:32 AM
BMI

7,455 posts, read 7,242,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I didn't watch his season.

They aren't going to suddenly have two black leads in a row after all this time of having white leads. Kenny crying on the phone with his daughter isn't going to change that.
Especially when I heard the ratings were down a bit for Rachel's season.

Old 08-07-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Especially when I heard the ratings were down a bit for Rachel's season.
I'm sure the ratings would've been even worse if Rachel had been a single mom with a kid at home. Better yet, she would never have been chosen to be on the show in the first place. But since Kenny has a kid, he should be the bachelor? lol Funny!

Maybe they should choose Jack Stone. He seems nice enough. He can't help that he's awkward as heck!

Last edited by Amelie90; 08-07-2017 at 04:45 AM..

Old 08-07-2017, 05:05 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,700,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Of course this is after he picked Melissa (Rycroft) proposed to her on the show only to dump her on live tv on "AFTFR" to go with Molly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV