U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 04:55 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,739,204 times

Advertisements

anyone try this show yet? i've watched it a few times & it's better than flip/flop vegas, but not as good as the original with tarek & christina.

Flip or Flop Atlanta | HGTV
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 06:55 PM

242 posts, read 133,806 times
I've been watching it. I like it better since he is a contractor and seems to do more work. I tried Vegas, but I couldn't take her voice so I had to stop.

I'm pretty much over Christina and Tarek so I won't watch them any more.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:21 PM

84 posts, read 104,275 times
I like it - the couple seems well grounded and less "cutesy". I tried to watch the Vegas Flip or Flop but couldn't stand their taste - lots of teal.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:06 PM

3,819 posts, read 4,876,548 times
I finally just watched this On Demand over the last few days. WAY better than Vegas!! Anita's design style seems to run between Christina and Joanna Gaines. More like a flipper version of Joanna. Which I am OK with. I enjoyed the season. (Where watching Vegas is like a train wreck- I only watch because I can't imagine what awful design Aubrey will do next.)

Old 11-21-2017, 06:45 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,957,470 times
Yes and they're a very likable couple.

I also just started watching Flip Flop FT. Worth. Not sure yet about that one. She is a little annoying.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:18 AM
JPD

11,863 posts, read 14,471,844 times
I live in Atlanta, and I always find it funny that they'll go to a neighborhood like, say, Kennesaw, which is a far out suburb, and then they show a montage of images from East Atlanta Village, a neighborhood right in the city. They've used this same montage on several episodes.

Another example: They flipped a house in Tucker, a close-in suburb with a quaint Main Street and several parks/nature areas, and the images they used in the montage were a ratty wooden fence, the parking lot of a Sam's Club, and an old, empty church.

Generally I like the show, and I think the couple is much more likable than Tarek/Cristina or the Vegas couple. But I wish they'd use images of the actual areas where they're working, or images that play up the nicer aspects of an area.

This show needs some better production.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:36 AM

20,910 posts, read 32,919,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I live in Atlanta, and I always find it funny that they'll go to a neighborhood like, say, Kennesaw, which is a far out suburb, and then they show a montage of images from East Atlanta Village, a neighborhood right in the city. They've used this same montage on several episodes.

Another example: They flipped a house in Tucker, a close-in suburb with a quaint Main Street and several parks/nature areas, and the images they used in the montage were a ratty wooden fence, the parking lot of a Sam's Club, and an old, empty church.

Generally I like the show, and I think the couple is much more likable than Tarek/Cristina or the Vegas couple. But I wish they'd use images of the actual areas where they're working, or images that play up the nicer aspects of an area.

This show needs some better production.
I know I mentioned this on another Flip or Flop thread, but I honestly think they had a vendetta against Tucker on that episode. Between what you mentioned and the bitching about the stop work order, the holdup on permitting, Tucker being a 'new' city (read: dysfunctional govt), well...

Flip or Flop Atlanta

Last edited by Iconographer; 11-21-2017 at 11:46 AM..

Old 11-21-2017, 12:10 PM
JPD

11,863 posts, read 14,471,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I know I mentioned this on another Flip or Flop thread, but I honestly think they had a vendetta against Tucker on that episode. Between what you mentioned and the bitching about the stop work order, the holdup on permitting, Tucker being a 'new' city (read: dysfunctional govt), well...

Flip or Flop Atlanta
It looked that way. Tucker isn't all sunshine and roses, and it certainly has some derelict buildings, but they really would have been hard pressed to make Tucker look worse than they did. They may have been pissed about the stop work order and edited in the shabbiness as a form of revenge.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:42 PM

3,819 posts, read 4,876,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Yes and they're a very likable couple.

I also just started watching Flip Flop FT. Worth. Not sure yet about that one. She is a little annoying.
Yeah, I watched the Fort Worth episodes this morning. (We are on overtime and I work from home a couple of days a week. I finally cleared everything off my DVR and have had time to catch up on all of these.) I'm on the fence, too. Both about their personalities (he seems OK so far) and the design. Most of the design is very neutral and kind of blah, and then there is some that is a bit out there. Like her obsession with blue houses? And she went on and on about that one bathroom and how great it was, and how great that tile was, and I thought the tile was awful!!
I will keep watching for now, but I'm definitely not hooked. Nor am I in a train-wreck trance like Vegas provides.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:27 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,957,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Yeah, I watched the Fort Worth episodes this morning. (We are on overtime and I work from home a couple of days a week. I finally cleared everything off my DVR and have had time to catch up on all of these.) I'm on the fence, too. Both about their personalities (he seems OK so far) and the design. Most of the design is very neutral and kind of blah, and then there is some that is a bit out there. Like her obsession with blue houses? And she went on and on about that one bathroom and how great it was, and how great that tile was, and I thought the tile was awful!!
I will keep watching for now, but I'm definitely not hooked. Nor am I in a train-wreck trance like Vegas provides.
I just hate how she has to sing her words when she talks...

"Wait to you see the tile I bought, it is amaaaaazing!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or