U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 10:42 AM

987 posts, read 400,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Vanessa did well but Iím liking her less and less each week.
The second half was decent, but the actual quickstep was sloppy. That was also the consensus on a ballroom dance forum that I frequent.

Quote:
Iíve said it before but it deserves repeating: Markís choreography is in a class by itself, even better than Derekís. And Lindsey was totally up to the dance. I wish Jordan and Lindsey could share the mirrorball this season.
Loved Lindsey and Mark this week, that was so awesome to watch.

And as someone who could probably never stand to wear contacts, bravo to her for accomplishing that with those contact lenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 08:34 PM

14,705 posts, read 18,805,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
...guest judges... ST was by far one of the worst ones I've ever seen ...
Maks. You can still see that those two are not really getting along...

I think I said the same thing about Shania Twain. (If I didnt, I meant to.) There have been other guest judges who have no dance experience and it was irritating to watch them bumble through the show, but Shania couldnt even do that much.

And I agree about Maks and Vanessa. I like Maks but I'm ready for that pair to go, just because of her.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:34 PM
BMI

6,526 posts, read 3,815,247 times
Quote:
I think I said the same thing about Shania Twain. (If I didnt, I meant to.) There have been other guest judges who have no dance experience and it was irritating to watch them bumble through the show, but Shania couldnt even do that much.

And I agree about Maks and Vanessa. I like Maks but I'm ready for that pair to go, just because of her.
Shania bumbled her way thru for sure. Not very good at all.
Then being a Canadian (albeit living in Switzerland for years)..she only gave Drew
a seven ...all the other judges gave eights, very poor.

I'm amazed that such a poor speaking voice (tone, etc) she has a good singing voice.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:01 AM

21,424 posts, read 29,571,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Shania bumbled her way thru for sure. Not very good at all.
Then being a Canadian (albeit living in Switzerland for years)..she only gave Drew
a seven ...all the other judges gave eights, very poor.

I'm amazed that such a poor speaking voice (tone, etc) she has a good singing voice.
She was not a good judge at all and her voice was extremely irritating to me

Old 10-29-2017, 02:43 PM

18,102 posts, read 20,079,391 times
Hey you guys y'all know I can't stand Mark but another CD member shares SCD videos with me and the lady who took Len's judging spot is Mark's mother! Thought some here would find it interesting she has known Len since she was a little girl. I'm sure Mark grew up being around him as well Derek & Julianna since they lived with Ballas' for many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNx2xnNYSPs

Old 10-30-2017, 02:19 PM

Seems like every season lately either a star or a pro is injured and there's talk about his/her having to quit the show. This season it's apparently Lindsey Stirling. I'm sure she is hurt but I'm betting she does appear tonight and dances as well as ever:

Lindsey Stirling of Dancing With The Stars injured rib | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-30-2017, 05:22 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,908,675 times
Quote:
Seems like every season lately either a star or a pro is injured and there's talk about his/her having to quit the show. This season it's apparently Lindsey Stirling. I'm sure she is hurt but I'm betting she does appear tonight and dances as well as ever:

Lindsey Stirling of Dancing With The Stars injured rib | Daily Mail Online
I sure was sorry to hear about this. I heard she has a separated rib, whatever that is. Sounds incredibly painful. I was hoping she would win, but if she's out, the little Hamilton guy will win for sure.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I sure was sorry to hear about this. I heard she has a separated rib, whatever that is. Sounds incredibly painful. I was hoping she would win, but if she's out, the little Hamilton guy will win for sure.

All the articles I read said she has a "possible" rib separation. I still think she'll show up, maybe medicated and surely wrapped, and be able to dance tonight.

I've always admired her but I hate, hate, hate it when a star gets "injured" and there's doubt about whether or not he/she will be able to perform. It's less than an hour from showtime and I guarantee you the producers knew today whether or not she'd be dancing tonight. They just keep it quiet so more people will tune in to see what happens. And, sorry to say, this makes me prejudiced against her now, as she's part of the publicity-for-ratings gimmick.

And every article says she's the frontrunner to win the mirrorball. I agree that she's awesome but I dont agree that she's favored to win. I think it's close between Jordan and her and I think Jordan is actually the frontrunner.

I also read that she's going on tour with Mark and his wife's band this winter.

Last edited by TFW46; 10-30-2017 at 06:47 PM..

Old 10-31-2017, 08:13 AM

Halloween Night was a hit-or-mess deal for me. I’m feeling grouchy again – not because of any illness (well, maybe I’m a little tired from staying up half the night watching my Astros win Game 5 of the World Series) but I’m irritated by some stars’ increasing complaining – and there seemed to be a lot more of it last night. If I had the judges’ paddles, I’d have given tonight a 7.

When is Victoria going to stop holding those pity parties. I know she’s had a rough time with her illness and I do empathize with her for all that she missed out on in her youth -- but I dont believe, for a moment, that she really has absolutely no feeling at all in her legs. In previous seasons the stars’ disability has been visible (missing limbs, burn scars, etc) but, when the disability isnt visible, it seems that the producers go to great lengths to have the star remind us, over and over, about how hard a time she’s having.

Jordan was, as usual, ferociously good. I continue to be as amazed at Lindsay’s choreography as I am at his ability to make every dance exciting and enchanting. He makes it all look so easy. He has an amazing future ahead of him in whatever medium (stage, movies and/or TV) he chooses.

Nikki’s performance was a major mess. She was out of sync and it didnt look like she and Artem were even a team. I’ve been liking their performances more and more lately, but not last night.

I’m not at all fond of the use of fog, mainly because Derek used to use it to hide his partners' weaknesses. So every time I see fog now, I wonder if it’s meant to hide something. In Vanessa’s case, I wondered if it was trying to hide the fact that Maks didnt put in much work on the choreography. As much as I love Maks, I’m so ready for the two of them to go home.

I hate to admit it, but Terrell continues to improve every week. And his “acting” throughout the dance last night was very entertaining. I really thought he deserved higher scores. I still dont care for him personally, but I’m becoming a fan of how he’s trying his best – and I can now see why he was such a force on the football field.

I posted, earlier, that I didn’t believe Lindsey was as badly injured as the producers and the internet were making her out to be. I predicted that she’d show up, maybe medicated and wrapped, and turn in a great performance. And wasnt I right. For all her boo-hooing about how much she hurt, she slayed that very-physical dance.

It’s hard for me to judge contemporary, so I just go with how much I'm engaged by it – and I really enjoyed both Frankie’s performance and Witney’s choreography. I always wonder how a star can manage to mentally overcome a disastrous night, as Frankie had last week, and come back with a winning performance like last night. But, OMG, during the judges’ comments, was the first time I can recall having noticed that bulging vein in his forehead – I thought we’d found Nikki’s missing twin.

Although Drew is one of the weaker stars, he looks like he’s becoming more comfortable with dancing and he’s getting better every week. I wish they hadnt used the fog machine on him, but I liked his dance anyway.

I was surprised that the two frontrunners were both on the same team for the Team Dances. And I was even more surprised by what a fragmented mess the Monster Mashers made of that performance. It looked as though they didnt even try to put together a decent performance…as though they thought they’d win without even trying.

In contrast, the Phantom of the Ballroom team looked like they’d put a lot of thought and energy into their dance. I didnt think it was “the best, the most exquisite team dance ever”, as Carrie Ann claimed, but it was good enough to stack up against most of the team dances of prior seasons. There were no props, just clean, impressive, dance. Yes, there was the obnoxious fog, but only a little.

Since there was no elimination a few weeks ago, I’ve been waiting for the night when there would be a double elimination. And, as soon as Tom looked at his cards and commented that the elimination results were a surprise, I knew the double would be last night. I wasnt surprised that Vanessa was sent packing but I was a little surprised that Nikki went with her.

I’m excited about seeing Kelly Monaco, Corbin Bleu and especially Alfonso Ribeiro dance next week.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:15 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,740,929 times
Quote:
I posted, earlier, that I didn’t believe Lindsey was as badly injured as the producers and the internet were making her out to be. I predicted that she’d show up, maybe medicated and wrapped, and turn in a great performance. And wasnt I right. For all her boo-hooing about how much she hurt, she slayed that very-physical dance.

Yes, I'm over her (and Victoria). She wouldn't have been doing those knee walks if she was as bad as they let on.

Quote:
In contrast, the Phantom of the Ballroom team looked like they’d put a lot of thought and energy into their dance.

They also had Maks and Val to choreograph it.

Bummed that Maks is out (but glad Vanessa is gone). And I just love Nikki - too bad she didn't improve as much as say, Terrell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or