U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 11:45 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,283,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I was a little embarrassed for Barbara and Keo. I have always liked her but she came across a little sleezy tonight. Poor Keo.
That was hard to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 11:56 PM

18,094 posts, read 20,063,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I hadnt heard that. I did read a rumor (and that's all it was) that he was considering retiring but either DWTS offered him a boatload of money or he agreed to stay on because Julianne wasnt going to be back.
Yes when he did interviews when retiring from Strictly Come Dancing he said he had one more season left on his US contract. So last season should have been it but I am glad he's staying I like the strictness he gives to the judging at times.

Great recap pretty well sums up what we felt here we think T.O. & the shark lady will be first out I hope Cheryl can stick around a bit longer though.

Oh they had to cut off the judges tonight so they'd have time for all the promo dancing and group dancers. They can have more commercials that way also.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:04 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,771,998 times
Quote:
I was a little embarrassed for Barbara and Keo. I have always liked her but she came across a little sleezy tonight. Poor Keo.
I am a big fan of Barbra and Sharktank.I felt she was" really out of her element" tonight.On the other hand when Robert from SharkTank was home he was quite relaxed and at home.

"

Old 09-19-2017, 12:22 AM

3,819 posts, read 4,876,548 times
Quote:
Thanks. I didnt remember that. I'm sure they havent done it on the 2nd night, have they?

And I'm glad Julianne isnt back too, although I dont think she was a bad judge. I just think the dynamics were "off" when she was there. I had read that the other judges didnt like her personally and, while I never saw any evidence of that, I sensed something wasnt "right".
I'm not sure. They probably do it again; until someone is eliminated and they free up that time.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:32 AM

4,670 posts, read 6,744,379 times
I noticed that the scores started out low (5, 5, 5) for TO (whom I really like) and for Lindsey the last dancer (7, 8, 7). I didn't think TO was that bad. I'm hoping that with Cheryl as his pro, he'll pick up and do much better. I always like the football players, so I'm rooting for him. I did cast my 13 ABC online votes for him.

Debbie Gibson looked downright anorexic. She did fine for the first night, but I thought she blamed her Lyme Disease for more than she should have. She'll probably do fairly well.

I didn't like Sasha Piertese at all. She turned me off when she said she was getting married soon and came on DWTS because she wanted to lose weight. She's the daughter of two professional dancers, but she said she's not a dancer. I'd like to see her go home, even before Barbara, even though I love Gleb.

I liked Drew Scott! He's also getting married soon, and wanted to learn to dance for his wedding. He's got a good personality, and I can see his brother involved making comments while he's on. He got my 13 phone votes.

I absolutely can't stand Barbara Corcoran, and I felt so bad for Keo. I really like him, but the poor guy was "cougared" tonight and he seemed really uncomfortable. He has always had bad partners, and this year is no different. Why do they keep giving him non-talented women? Lolo Jones, Charlotte McKinney, Chaka Kahn, Jodie Sweetin, and Charo? It seems like he's not much of a choreographer, but with those "stars" it's probably been a challenge to come up with decent choreography. I'd love to see him get one of the best stars and see what he's capable of doing.

Jordan Fisher was amazing. I read on one of the sites that gave some background on the stars and their partners that both he and Linsey are Mormons from Utah, so they definitely have a lot in common. Since he's in Hamilton, he's used to the stage. I'm guessing he'll go really far, probably the finals.

Nick Lachey is a nice enough guy, but I feel like he and his wife were chosen specifically to partner with Max and Peta as some kind of cutesy stunt. I'm not a big Nick fan, and I feel badly that Peta and Max were used (my opinion) in this way. They're both too talented to be part of this farce.

Vanessa Lachey -- same as above. I'm sure Vanessa has some talent, but again, I think the "two couples each with a new baby" routine will grow old, fast. I'm not a fan, but I don't want to see Max go, so I'm guessing he'll get the votes and she'll stay for longer than she should.

I never watched "Malcolm in the Middle", but I'd heard of Frankie Muniz, but I don't know anything about him. He seemed fine, but I thought TO did a better job than he did, yet he got higher scores. I guess he's been on the race car circuit lately rather than acting. I didn't realize he's had two strokes, although he's fine now. That's got to be pretty scary. I like Witney, so I hope he does well.

Nikki Bella is someone I'd never heard of before. (I'd heard of all the others so far) She was okay. I didn't she was that good, but apparently the judges did. I like Artem, but I didn't like his choreography tonight. I'm not a fan.

Derek Fisher is another athlete I really like. I also love Sharna, and I liked Derek's dancing, so I'm hoping they go really far. I think Sharna can make a dancer out of him. I'd really love to see them in the finals.

Victoria Arlen sure has a story to tell. Her recovery is nothing short of miraculous and she's really worked hard to get where she is. Unfortunately for Val, I see her leaving early. With no feeling in her legs, as the dances get harder, her dancing may be limited. I was really surprised she got the scores she did, and I wonder if that was because she's the "challenged" dancer. I truly admire her tenacity and her recovery, but I don't see her lasting that long.

Lindsey Sterling was amazing. I'd never heard of her, so I was surprised when she said she'd been on the show before as a musician. She's someone to watch, and Mark is really lucky to have her as a partner. Now why can't Keo get partners like this?

Based on tonight, I'd really like to see Sasha and Barbara go home next week, but I guess "Pretty Little Liars" is popular, so Sasha will get votes by the show's fans. Last season, Charo was obnoxious as all get out, and I'm seeing Barbara starting out that way. If she doesn't calm down and lay off the cougar act, I want her gone...soon.

My guess is, if tonight's any indication (although who knew David Ross would come in 2nd last season based on the first episode) Jordan Fisher, Lindsey Stirling and Vanessa Lachey may be the final three. I'd like to see Derek Fisher, Terrell Owen and Drew Scott. I like their personalities, and I do like Jordan Fisher. If I had to guess, I'd guess he'll win unless he truly bombs a few dances.

I was pleasantly surprised when Julianne Hough wasn't there. According to ETOnline, she wants to concentrate on acting. She chose not to return, and it says she's on good terms with the other three judges, and may return in the future. In the meantime, they are going to be having guest judges this season. When she was first added as the fourth judge, I thought she'd be okay, but she got on my nerves quickly. I don't like the four judge panel, so I'm disappointed they're going to have the fourth guest judges.

I had read that Len wanted to take a year off from the US show when he got married, and his daughter had a baby a couple of years ago. He wanted to spend time with his grandson and with his new wife. The travel was getting to him as he was balancing both shows. For whatever reasons, I'm glad he's back!

Last edited by Marcy1210; 09-19-2017 at 01:49 AM..

Old 09-19-2017, 04:25 AM

14,317 posts, read 12,580,147 times
Victoria Arlen - her dancing scares me.....all I can think of is if she can't feel her legs she could injure herself, keep right on dancing and end up hurting herself very badly.

Not worth the risk IMO. Why risk her ability to walk especially after what she has been through?

Old 09-19-2017, 05:14 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,771,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Victoria Arlen - her dancing scares me.....all I can think of is if she can't feel her legs she could injure herself, keep right on dancing and end up hurting herself very badly.

Not worth the risk IMO. Why risk her ability to walk especially after what she has been through?
I wish her well but it does seem very dangerous to me.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:55 AM

7,148 posts, read 7,591,750 times
Quote:
First up were Terrell Owens and Cheryl Burke. I don’t know much about football so dont know how popular he was/is but, from what I saw of him last night, I’d guess he wasnt too well-loved. His dancing was ok – he seems a lot looser on the dance floor than other football players – but he just came across as somewhat unlikeable. Maybe he's just shy and will let his light shine more in coming weeks. In my opinion, he’s not good enough that he can go far without a strong fan base and I wonder if he has that. I’m sure someone will let me know if I’m wrong.
"T.O." ranks up there with the all time greats. He is also one of the cockiest players to ever play the game. You can find countless videos on Youtube devoted to his touchdown celebrations. Everything from grabbing the cheerleader's pom poms to celebrate to pulling a Sharpie out of his sock and signing the ball and giving it to a fan after scoring. His best was celebrating on the Cowboys' star mid field. (huge disrespect) He was the type of character to loved to have on your team and wanted to kill if he wasnt.

Last edited by SabresFanInSA; 09-19-2017 at 07:39 AM..

Old 09-19-2017, 08:18 AM

21,417 posts, read 29,545,781 times
Quote:
I say poor Barbara, Keo is a horrible pro.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:48 AM

7,048 posts, read 7,627,414 times
Quote:

First up were Terrell Owens and Cheryl Burke. I dont know much about football so dont know how popular he was/is but, from what I saw of him last night, Id guess he wasnt too well-loved. His dancing was ok he seems a lot looser on the dance floor than other football players but he just came across as somewhat unlikeable. Maybe he's just shy and will let his light shine more in coming weeks. In my opinion, hes not good enough that he can go far without a strong fan base and I wonder if he has that. Im sure someone will let me know if Im wrong.
there was an alleged romance between Chad Ochocinco/Johnson & Cheryl. Chad is also good buddies with Terrell. Anyone think it could be a bit weird?

Erin Andrews brought up Chad from previous season and reversed course on the topic post dance with TO & Cheryl. I felt a tension there.. Any insight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or