Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 03:41 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
...I STILL can't get the thought out of my mind that Sharna Burgess is a Grand-Daughter or some other relative of Bobby Burgess, an original Mousketeer who also danced later on Lawrence Welk Show.

People think that because they have the same last name. And the question has been asked in previous DWTS threads. But Sharna was born in Australia and is no relation to Bobby at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 10:01 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Praying for your mom! I'm okay with who left too
thank you for that. she was put into a medically induced coma. I'm an only child and it's so hard.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:02 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
So sorry about your mom, jayden. {Hugs} You're a good child.

I'll write a little about my thoughts re tonight's show later but one thing I wanted to say is that, during Sasha and Gleb's dance, I actually thought "I wonder if Gleb's poor choreography will send Sasha home tonight".
Thank you.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:14 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I have my favorites picked:
Lindsey Stirling and Mark
Frankie Muniz and Witney
Drew Scott and Emma
Jordan Fisher and Lindsay....although I didn't care for his Disney song last night.

Loved the little Mouseketeer name shout-out segment with some of the dancers.
I STILL can't get the thought out of my mind that Sharna Burgess is a Grand-Daughter or some other relative of Bobby Burgess, an original Mousketeer who also danced later on Lawrence Welk Show.
My favorites: Frankie Muniz and Whitney ~~ he's so down to earth, so honest and open. Aw shucks!
Lindsey Stirling and Mark ~~ she's really good
Drew Scott and Emma ~~ he's getting better

One thing about an improving dancer. James Hinchcoate had been the most improved, and was a fantastic dancer for someone with no experience, yet Laurie Hernandez won. I thought that was wrong. If the contest is to reward the dancer who's made the most progress, then they're not following their own mission statement, so to speak.

I was glad Sasha went. I didn't like her. I'm not fond of Niki, Victoria or Nick, and Vanessa's irritating. They can go next. Terrell is calming down, so he's okay. Jordan's very good, but he's a ringer, so I don't think that's fair. I suspect he'll win, but I honestly hope he doesn't. He has so much dance experience, that it's not fair to Drew Scott, Terrell Owens, Frankie Muniz and even Victoria.

I used to faithfully watch The Mickey Mouse Club every day when I was little, so I've been singing the Mickey Mouse Club theme song all week. Thanks, producers... M-I-C See ya real soon. K-E-Y Why? Because we like you. M-O-U-S-E.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:59 PM

I was so looking forward to Night at the Movies but tonight was not that good overall (in my opinion).

I would not have recognized Shania Twain. Her face is so much fuller now -- I wonder if she’s had some work done on it. And she looked like she didnt know what to say at times in the judges’ comments.

So many good, or almost good, dancers had an off night tonight: Nikki, Drew, Victoria and Frankie.

I thought the judges scored Nikki much higher than her performance deserved. I wonder if they get distracted by that bulging vein.

I was hoping for more from Drew but Emma did him no favors at all. Her choreography was a mess. Drew’s not good enough to dance with any of the troupe in the background – it just emphasizes every mistake he makes and when his timing is off.

“Poor Nick” is all I’ll say about him.

Terrell was actually one of the better stars tonight. He’s improving every week. That doesnt mean I like him any better personally, though.

I didnt care for Frankie’s choreography either and it’s hard for me to judge a performance if I hate the choreography.

Vanessa did well but I’m liking her less and less each week.

OMG, OMG, OMG, Jordan. How can he possibly get better every single week? The choreography was as gorgeous as his dancing. I’d pay to watch him perform on any stage. Singer, actor, dancer – is there anything he cant do? Any he seems like a truly nice guy too.

I’ve said it before but it deserves repeating: Mark’s choreography is in a class by itself, even better than Derek’s. And Lindsey was totally up to the dance. I wish Jordan and Lindsey could share the mirrorball this season.

No surprise about who was sent packing:
Spoiler
Nick

Old 10-23-2017, 11:11 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,731,744 times
I expect near perfection out of Jordan, and of course, we got it.

TO was the surprise tonight- their dance was great. Lots of charisma and it was entertaining. There were a lot where I couldn't wait for them to be over.

Mark's choreography- sometimes I feel it is too over the top for the show and I get annoyed. Tonight was pretty brilliant.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Well, it wasn't exactly a surprise about Nick. His wife seems to be doing better but we know that doesn't always matter. I still say she has no fan base, either--people are voting for Maks lol.

I have to say, the shameless promotions on this show are hard to take--from stars of new ABC shows haunting the front row, to Shania Twain, who's sole purpose as "judge" was to hawk her new album. They're turning Tom Bergeron into a cheesy huckster.

Enough, already.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Well, it wasn't exactly a surprise about Nick. His wife seems to be doing better but we know that doesn't always matter. I still say she has no fan base, either--people are voting for Maks lol.

I have to say, the shameless promotions on this show are hard to take--from stars of new ABC shows haunting the front row, to Shania Twain, who's sole purpose as "judge" was to hawk her new album. They're turning Tom Bergeron into a cheesy huckster.

Enough, already.

Agree totally, Delanhanty. ABC/Disney has always used this show to promote its stars/shows, but it seems to be much more blatant this season.

And I must add that, although I love DWTS and I really admire Jordan's and Lindsey's talent and Mark's choreography, something seems to be missing this season. I dont feel the excitement that I always felt in past seasons and I dont understand what's different. Does anyone else feel this way?

Old 10-27-2017, 09:34 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Agree totally, Delanhanty. ABC/Disney has always used this show to promote its stars/shows, but it seems to be much more blatant this season.

And I must add that, although I love DWTS and I really admire Jordan's and Lindsey's talent and Mark's choreography, something seems to be missing this season. I dont feel the excitement that I always felt in past seasons and I dont understand what's different. Does anyone else feel this way?

You know, I can always tell when shows I used to like are "missing the mark" because I don't follow them the way I used to--I miss episodes. The same thing has been happening with DWTS, and I can't put my finger on it. And it's not just that they're featuring the usual "B-listers," either. Heck, that happens every season lol. I don't know what it is...

But the hucksterism REALLY annoys me--and it's not just on DWTS. I stopped watching the televised Christmas parades and New Year's eve telecasts for the same reason. All I saw were stars plugging their new TV programs, and some of them were even co-hosting.

And just yesterday, one of the "Real Housewives," whose sole purpose was to hawk her new book, was on Steve Harvey's show. I know that was her sole purpose because she was on for less than two minutes, and I'm not exaggerating. It's as if someone pulled her from the street to sit down and say a few words, then make a quick exit. Yeesh!

Old 10-27-2017, 09:35 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Enough, already.
Agreed 100%. I'm not a fan of guest judges in general, esp ones who are clearly just there for purposes of self-promotion, but ST was by far one of the worst ones I've ever seen (and I'm thinking across reality TV dance shows, not just DWTS). Thankfully I wound up watching the second half of the show later on DVR and just fast-forwarded through her comments (and her performance, fwiw). Yikes.

And good call about people just voting for Maks. You can still see that those two are not really getting along... she looked very irked (as opposed to panicked or "whooops") after the wardrobe malfunction, eventually caught herself but I'm sure they argued over that afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV