U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 11:09 AM

3,142 posts, read 2,954,452 times

Advertisements

I saw a video on one news of Trump picking up a little black girl, it showed him holding her away. The other station showed him picking up the same little girl, kissing her cheek and holding her close. Some are returning to their old ways, you can take away from a video but you can't add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 04:12 PM

33,949 posts, read 32,392,016 times
My problem with hurricane coverage is they knew the storm was going to hit land in Rockport but they placed their main reporters on Day 1 in Corpus Christi. They always place them in the nearest city even if it's scheduled to make land first in a small town. I hate that. Rockport probably doesn't have a Starbucks.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:43 AM

4,578 posts, read 5,134,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
My problem with hurricane coverage is they knew the storm was going to hit land in Rockport but they placed their main reporters on Day 1 in Corpus Christi. They always place them in the nearest city even if it's scheduled to make land first in a small town. I hate that. Rockport probably doesn't have a Starbucks.
Rockport was where the Reporters were allowed to go the first day (& quite a few local reporters were actually there the night it hit). Which is why lots of people think that Rockport is where the Hurricane made Landfall. It didn't.

It made Landfall first at Port Aransas, which is ON the barrier island, (Rockport is 3-4 miles away and across a small bay & is on the mainland). The eye wall actually made landfall on the barrier island 10 miles north of PA. Port Aransas is FAR better known (to Texans) than Rockport. But since there were no cameras in Port Aransas, it was all about rockport, rockport, rockport the first 12 hours (& nothing about Port A). To me, THIS was the narrative that the clueless national media best demonstrated their "Ridiculous TV Coverage".

By the time crews were allowed into Port Aransas (two days later), the storm (& coverage) moved to the Flooding in Houston (as it should have). Poor Port A got absolutely clobbered and most people in the US still haven't heard of it. (& it is arguably most Texan's "Favorite Beach" & favorite Beach town).

Rockport is the little tourist town where one picks up a T Shirt and a 3 dollar ice cream cone.....when folks are driving back home from Port A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or