Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 09:28 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

To be honest, i am not even looking forward to Sunday's episode. I will watch it but now i am somewhat like meh.

Epic fail by the writers with the Night King and the White Walkers. Sam went to the citadel for nothing, Bran spent all the time with Bloodraven for nothing, ( i mean Bloodraven could have just told him give Arya your dagger), etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 09:44 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
When Dany burned the Tarleys I think she lost whatever high moral ground she still had. Too much Mad King legacy. Will the series end with a severely morally flawed ruler--will that be satisfying? My narrative instinct leans toward Jon. Not the sharpest tool, but he's got the bloodline plus integrity. My preferred Iron Throne couple after E3 is Tyrion and Sansa, though...
Jon’s ways ended up getting him killed, too, whereas Dany got the rest of them to bend to he knee. You can’t apply your ideas of how things are or should be to the way things are in those settings. Things sometimes have to be done the hard way or they don’t work.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:51 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,838 times
Quote:
When Dany burned the Tarleys I think she lost whatever high moral ground she still had. Too much Mad King legacy. Will the series end with a severely morally flawed ruler--will that be satisfying? My narrative instinct leans toward Jon. Not the sharpest tool, but he's got the bloodline plus integrity. My preferred Iron Throne couple after E3 is Tyrion and Sansa, though...
I wouldn't mind Gendry and Arya though I don't think either of them care to rule. I'd be ok with Jon either with or without Dany, or Tyrion and Sansa. And I agree with you, as much as I love Dany when she burned the Tarly's she lost all moral high ground.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:57 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Jon’s ways ended up getting him killed, too, whereas Dany got the rest of them to bend to he knee. You can’t apply your ideas of how things are or should be to the way things are in those settings. Things sometimes have to be done the hard way or they don’t work.

Sure I can! We can speculate every which way we want! Speculation is fun. Otherwise, why do we have this thread?

Besides, we're talking about a TV show that is not unaware of its audience (is HBO going to tick off millions across the world, and have them cancel their accounts?), and not GRRM's unpredictable storytelling outside the boxed set. Granted, that's my idea of how a TV megastation might handle the wrap-up of the most successful TV series ever...

Old 05-01-2019, 10:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
I'm leaning in this direction, as well. For a couple of seasons we saw how much power she yielded by freeing slaves who then became loyal to her. But she's gotten harsher and harsher. Now she's in the North where she's seeing how much love and respect people have for Jon and Sansa - with none for her. She's already mentioned to Jon that Sansa must respect her - "as her Queen".

I don't think Sansa's comment to Tyrion that it would never work between them because it would mean splitting his loyalty between her and the Dragon Queen - a comment overheard by Missandei - was a throwaway comment. I think it will be repeated to Dany and will lead to bigger problems in the three episodes to come.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:22 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
As a book reader, I never saw much admirable in Dany, opportunistic good deeds maybe but nothing she did that would earn respect. Time after time she took the expedient way with the least pain/damage for herself. In the book.

Apparently in the show this is obscured by her presentation as a pretty girl with dragons.

As far as speculation, if GRR Martin (curse his not finishing the book and TV series) intended the War of Roses as his theme then I guess the only outcome I would speculate who sits on the iron throne is someone on the outside or in exile who comes swooping in and defeats the hero. As Henry Tudor defeated the last Plantagenant at Bosworth field and ruled by conquest.

JMO

Old 05-05-2019, 04:49 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Just as a reminder, this is the proper place to post spoilers, especially during these final weeks of the show. Tidbits are bound to leak, and if you feel the urge to share them, please do it here, not in the GoT Final Season thread!

Old 05-05-2019, 05:29 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times
Quote:
Just as a reminder, this is the proper place to post spoilers, especially during these final weeks of the show. Tidbits are bound to leak, and if you feel the urge to share them, please do it here, not in the GoT Final Season thread!
Thanks for the reminder!

Old 05-06-2019, 05:30 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
It would be crazy if Dany and Cersei get in a twerking battle...Who would win??

I feel that they are going to go with the Dany going a little Mad Queen. She didn't like the admiration that Jon got with the people for his battle skills, she envied the sibling relationship that Tyrion and Jaime were sharing, her loyal guard Jorah is gone, 1 of her sons ( dragon) is dead, Missandei and Little worm are together, Jon is her nephew, Khal Drogo is gone, her brothers are gone. She is alone and the only thing she has is her quest for the Iron Throne and making people worship her. This was compounded by losing another son and losing Missandei.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:30 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
About the latest dragon death, much like the first ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dES8ldFlFrA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV