U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 07:14 AM

6,070 posts, read 4,019,374 times

Advertisements

Any update as to when the next(last?) season begins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Her

291 posts, read 738,111 times
Next season is 2019.

I know the theory has been debunked, but I'm holding out hope that Brandon Stark is the Night King.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:33 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,521,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Any update as to when the next(last?) season begins?
I read where Spring 2019 is the projected date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her View Post
I know the theory has been debunked, but I'm holding out hope that Brandon Stark is the Night King.
Zero chance that our Bran Stark is the Night King. They've been in the same scene at the same time. GRRM has had some wacky time issues, but actual time travel is probably out.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:44 PM

1,449 posts, read 859,093 times
I've always thought that the books would end with more women ruling (as regents or permanent rulers) the various parts of Westeros: Yara will survive to rule the Iron Islands (Theon probably won't make it, he'll redeem himself dying in the process of saving her or trying to kill Euron). Daenerys or perhaps her daughter will rule at least part of Westeros. I believe there might still be some of Oberyn Martell's daughters left in Dorne, the younger ones (didn't he mention eight daughters to Cersei), so a girl will rule Dorne. I'm not sure what will happen to the Riverlands, i.e. if Edmure Tully and his possible son survive (not sure that the directors and writers care); presumably there are some young female Freys who could inherit it if the surviving Starks don't raze the Twins and disperse all remaining Freys. Lannisters are pretty much toasted; you know that Cersei won't bear this last child and she'll probably die in the last episode with Jaime; and the TV show doesn't acknowledge all the Lannister cousins/relatives that exist in the books.

I doubt that both Daenerys and Jon will make it out of the final episode alive. I do think they will have a child; it would be nice if their daughter inherited the Iron Throne and was raised well enough to do a better job than her recent Targaryen ancestors, but who knows. If the Night's King and all his icy friends and troops aren't destroyed, it will be a total downer, since they could regroup and swell their ranks again, and if there isn't a dragon around to help burn them in the future, Westeros will be retitled The Walking Dead.

I think magic will be removed from Westeros. The unnaturally long seasons will end, the weather will become normal, the dragons and direwolves will either pass from existence or be the last of their kind; and the power to bring the dead back to life will be lost.

I'm pretty sure that Sam Tarly, Gilly and baby Sam, and Missandei, will survive; I think that's why Randyl and Dickon were killed, so that Sam will eventually inherit lordship of House Tarly and Horn Hill. I hope that Sansa will survive, the rumor (from a supposedly leaked script) that she will end up marrying a legitimated Gendry Lord Baratheon actually makes sense to me; because Arya is uninterested in marriage and Bran seems to have become too weird for normal life. Either Sansa or Jon will continue the Stark line. There's a good chance that Tyrion will live. I hope that Bronn, Davos, Sandor and Brienne do too, but am less sure any of them will survive. Jaime will probably die. Pretty sure that Euron Greyjoy will be food for krakens.

I hope that Ghost and Nymeria survive, but I'm not counting on it.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:15 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,193 posts, read 4,968,076 times
Default Game of Thrones Season 8 Major Spoiler

On YouTube the leaked plots for the season 8 episodes are being read scene by scene. It is a major spoiler and I will probably kick myself for watching once the season airs, but I could not resist. It could be fake, but I don't think so. Even if it is not totally accurate, it is interesting and entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgQ3eif33Wk

Old 03-24-2018, 08:51 PM

2,757 posts, read 1,360,479 times
Arrrrgggggg this is worse than having a giant piece of chocolate in front of me! I’m going to be strong and resist.

for now....

Old 03-24-2018, 08:57 PM

8,878 posts, read 5,980,468 times
Be strong...Don't watch...Don't watch....Dammit, I SAID DO NOT WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes dear, I won't watch

Old 03-24-2018, 09:04 PM

2,757 posts, read 1,360,479 times
I need the force to be with me on this one!

Old 03-25-2018, 07:28 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,193 posts, read 4,968,076 times
I just watched the reading the the last episode last night. If it is mostly accurate, we are in for a lot of action and many surprises (of course now they won't be much of a surprise for me). But then again, any GOT fan could have guessed that.......

Old 03-25-2018, 10:24 AM

7,724 posts, read 5,022,577 times
Is the last book going to be released this year or will it be released after the Season 8?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or