U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 07:37 AM

2,862 posts, read 1,162,091 times

Advertisements

I predict winter finally gets here and the dragons don't like the snow.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 07:38 AM

33,617 posts, read 41,211,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Is the last book going to be released this year or will it be released after the Season 8?
No. Because the next book to be released is the next to last one.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:01 PM

15,891 posts, read 20,397,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No. Because the next book to be released is the next to last one.
WINDS OF WINTER is next. If we're lucky, it might come out some time in 2019.

The next (and supposedly last) book is A PROMISE OF SPRING, which I expect will be finished by Brandon Sanderson and published some time around 2028.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:07 AM

7,724 posts, read 5,022,577 times
Didn't the Night King already cast a replacement for himself? 1 of caster's baby boy. The baby was alive and was turned into a walker. Maybe this process is different than when a dead body is reanimated by the night king's magic.

tiddays!

Old 01-03-2019, 12:00 AM

5,674 posts, read 9,113,022 times
Time to revive this thread! The final season starts in April. HBO is running promos, with "fire" and "ice" sweeping over Westeros. We've been binge watching past seasons over the Holidays, so I'm in the mood for a return to the Game!

Remember to use the spoiler (show/hide) function if you want to share "secret knowledge," so those of us who don't want to know what is going to happen can read this thread without being surprised...

At the start of the new season I'll start up a Season 8 thread, unless somebody else beats me to it.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:34 PM

39,554 posts, read 18,195,396 times
In preparation for the coming final season, I started to marathon my way through the DVDs to refresh my mind on all that has come and gone. I'm a few episodes into season two at the moment, and watching season one again raised some questions.

1. In the first episode, where Ned Stark executes the deserter from the Night Watch, how did that guy wind up south of the wall? He and the two rangers who were killed by the White Walker, were patrolling north of the wall, but the deserter was captured south of the wall. Wouldn't he have had to return to Castle Black to pass through the gates? And if he did, wouldn't he have reported the White Walker to the Watch commanders?

2. Gendry flees King's Landing with Arya and the Night Watch recruits, but how did Gendry know to flee? I did not see any scenes where he was warned by anyone that Joeffrey was slaughtering all of Roberts illegitimate sires, plus at that point he didn't even know that he was of royal blood.

Anyone know the answers?

Old 01-04-2019, 08:45 AM

2,757 posts, read 1,360,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
In preparation for the coming final season, I started to marathon my way through the DVDs to refresh my mind on all that has come and gone. I'm a few episodes into season two at the moment, and watching season one again raised some questions.

1. In the first episode, where Ned Stark executes the deserter from the Night Watch, how did that guy wind up south of the wall? He and the two rangers who were killed by the White Walker, were patrolling north of the wall, but the deserter was captured south of the wall. Wouldn't he have had to return to Castle Black to pass through the gates? And if he did, wouldn't he have reported the White Walker to the Watch commanders?

2. Gendry flees King's Landing with Arya and the Night Watch recruits, but how did Gendry know to flee? I did not see any scenes where he was warned by anyone that Joeffrey was slaughtering all of Roberts illegitimate sires, plus at that point he didn't even know that he was of royal blood.

Anyone know the answers?

I'm rewatching it too with my mom! I wondered about #1 also but I remember also the Wildings later in Season 4? attacked a village that seemed around the Winterfell area. I maybe wrong but I remember thinking how did they bypass the wall.

Good question on #2, I remember him leaving in a hurry but the reason was never clear.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:33 AM

6,070 posts, read 4,019,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I'm rewatching it too with my mom! I wondered about #1 also but I remember also the Wildings later in Season 4? attacked a village that seemed around the Winterfell area. I maybe wrong but I remember thinking how did they bypass the wall.

Good question on #2, I remember him leaving in a hurry but the reason was never clear.
I assumed it was Ned Stark who arranged for Gendry’s Boss to sell him to his friend who also spirited Arya out of Kings Lansing.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
2. Gendry flees King's Landing with Arya and the Night Watch recruits, but how did Gendry know to flee?
It never explained in the TV show.

In the book, someone arranged to get him to safety. It's never stated outright, but the narrative hints strongly that it was Varys, who is fostering all sorts of replacements for Geoffrey and the Lanisters --- some of which never made it into the TV show.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Remember to use the spoiler (show/hide) function if you want to share "secret knowledge," so those of us who don't want to know what is going to happen can read this thread without being surprised...
The show has left the books far behind. Anyone with "secret knowledge" is either working on the show or lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or