U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 09:19 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,521,016 times

Advertisements

Dani gets pregnant via Jon/Aegon. They both die fighting Cersei and/or The Night King. Tyrion becomes the Regent for baby Aerogon. Sansa becomes the Warden of the North. Jaime dies, because that's how he redeems himself. Probably killing Cersei.

Brienne and Pod get married.

That's all I got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 09:32 AM

15,891 posts, read 20,394,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Huh? None of the above happened in Westeros. Are you now saying that some malevolent entity would be justified in turning all the US citizens into mindless zombies?
Don't be silly. I'm saying that bad things happen in war. Innocents die. We haven't seen the Night King do anything more evil than lots of admired civilizations have done in human history. He's pretty tame compared to the Romans.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:44 AM

7,724 posts, read 5,022,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Dani gets pregnant via Jon/Aegon. They both die fighting Cersei and/or The Night King. Tyrion becomes the Regent for baby Aerogon. Sansa becomes the Warden of the North. Jaime dies, because that's how he redeems himself. Probably killing Cersei.

Brienne and Pod get married.

That's all I got.
How does Dani give birth when she just got pregnant? Does she give birth to a pre-mature baby?

Old 01-14-2019, 10:27 AM

39,554 posts, read 18,195,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Don't be silly. I'm saying that bad things happen in war. Innocents die. We haven't seen the Night King do anything more evil than lots of admired civilizations have done in human history. He's pretty tame compared to the Romans.
Are you joking? What could possibly be worse than an entity who is out to destroy all human life as we know it? The Romans never did anything like that, America has never done anything like that, no nation anywhere has ever done anything like that. If they had, I wouldn't be here typing and you wouldn't be here reading it.

Silly? The idea that there could be any justification for destroying all human life is what's silly. The Night King had a troubled childhood? The Night King's fiance ran off with a White Walker? What exactly could the show dream up by way of justification for the Night King prevailing? That was your original idea, wasn't it?
Quote:
They could show that his hatred of mankind is entirely justified.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
What could possibly be worse than an entity who is out to destroy all human life as we know it?
Is that what he's doing? How do we know? Maybe he's just trying to take his land back from the invaders? Maybe he is trying to banish the infidels from his holy land?

Quote:
The Romans never did anything like that
Yes, they did. Read about Carthage. They utterly wiped out the population, leveled the city, and sowed the land with salt so that nothing could grow there.

Quote:
America has never done anything like that
Yes, we did. As the Lakota or the Apache or the Navajo or the Abenaki or the Cherokee, etc., etc., etc.

Quote:
no nation anywhere has ever done anything like that.
The Babylonians did it to the ancient Israelites, but they were hardly alone. It was pretty common practice in the ancient world. It still happens today in Africa. It wasn't all that long ago it happened in Eastern Europe. Human beings may have guns and committees now, but in the end we're still basically cave men.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:36 PM

39,554 posts, read 18,195,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Is that what he's doing? How do we know? Maybe he's just trying to take his land back from the invaders? Maybe he is trying to banish the infidels from his holy land?
The show has given us no basis in seven seasons to suspect anything at all like that. As I noted, if they are going to give the Night King a sympathetic backstory, they don't have much time left in which to accomplish this. So far he has been portrayed as evil devoid of any personality. Don't you think that if they were going to try and make him understandable, they would have done something about it by now?

Quote:
Yes, they did. Read about Carthage. They utterly wiped out the population, leveled the city, and sowed the land with salt so that nothing could grow there.
Yes, we did. As the Lakota or the Apache or the Navajo or the Abenaki or the Cherokee, etc., etc., etc.
You are responding to your own premise rather than mine. Mine was an entity which wipes out all human life on the planet and replaces them with mindless zombies...which is what the Night King is trying to do. The above aren't examples of that.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:42 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,521,016 times
Perhaps we could move on from the White Walkers are evil/saints discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
How does Dani give birth when she just got pregnant? Does she give birth to a pre-mature baby?
Who knows what the Targaryen gestation period is?

It might take months for the various wars to settle out. I'm just spitballin' here.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:45 PM

5,674 posts, read 9,113,022 times
April 14 is the launch date. Then maybe we can unite in just enjoying the fantasy...

Old 01-14-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
The show has given us no basis in seven seasons to suspect anything at all like that.
Yes, it has. It has hinted at it at least twice. Once, when we found out that they weren't killing Craster's children but "converting" them. And much more strongly during Bran's flashback of their origin.

Quote:
Mine was an entity which wipes out all human life on the planet and replaces them with mindless zombies...which is what the Night King is trying to do.
I'm not as sure as you are. He is definitely trying to drive humanity out of Westeros. For what reason? We've only had hints (see above), but knowing Martin, I'll be very surprised if it is as simple as, "Because he's evil."

And I don't think his motivation is to zombify the world. He is using the corpses of his enemies as shock troops. That is a means, not an end. For every enemy you kill, you gain a soldier. It's a pretty good tactic if you can do it.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 328 times
Kinda funny that bran wasn’t there but he’s in a wheelchair so it makes sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or