U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 08:09 PM

8,552 posts, read 6,680,311 times

Advertisements

Sheesh I thought they'd continue the knockouts tonight. Instead it's one of those stupid recap shows.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 08:30 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,568,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Sheesh I thought they'd continue the knockouts tonight. Instead it's one of those stupid recap shows.

Iím sure thatís due to Halloween.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:34 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,568,776 times
I prefer Lucas to Shi’Ann, because I get sick of all of the over singing.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 PM

3,463 posts, read 2,305,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
Along with[b]
Lilly and NYSinger, I don't think I've ever seen Kelly Clarkson before and don't know anything about her work. It seemed like there was a battle of sorts between her and Jennifer Hudson last night. Concerning KC directly, I might find her "exhausting" in the same sense as I do JH. If I could choose the coaches I would keep Miley and I welcome the return of AK.
If you listen to music at all I am sure you have heard some of Kelly's songs. Some were number 1 hits. She has such a powerful voice. There is definitely a reason she won the first season of Idol. I am sure she will be a great coach!
Some of her big hits that come to mind are:
Stronger
Since You Been Gone
A Moment Like This

Here's a list of a lot of her songs that you can listen to if you want:
https://www.google.com/search?source....0.1zal7VMDu-Q

Old 11-01-2017, 11:15 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,640,449 times
Alinka: We shall just wait and see I guess how Kelly will be! I love that Alicia will be back as well!

Normashirley: Thanks for the info! Since it was a recap, I didn't watch it.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:30 PM

1,313 posts, read 838,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think Lucas and Shi'Ann both have good voices but I'm no fan of that style of singing where they try to hit several different notes for each syllable they sing.

I thought Chloe did a great job with landslide Landslide.
Yes, that was a tough one...Ashley or Chloe.
Chloe really sang with her heart out there, you could feel her emotion.
Glad she picked Blake.

I wish both Davon and the other one would have both gone home..lol
I just don't like the high pitched singing they do sometimes. All the time...really!

And Eric, I think that's his name, he reminds me of Nina Simone with those diff ranges he does.
Only he kind of drove me crazy with all of it...

To be con't.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM

54,234 posts, read 38,307,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Yes, that was a tough one...Ashley or Chloe.
Chloe really sang with her heart out there, you could feel her emotion.
Glad she picked Blake.

I wish both Davon and the other one would have both gone home..lol
I just don't like the high pitched singing they do sometimes. All the time...really!

And Eric, I think that's his name, he reminds me of Nina Simone with those diff ranges he does.
Only he kind of drove me crazy with all of it...

To be con't.

I thought it was not only a well done performance but also a great example of how important song choice can be.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:12 PM

724 posts, read 1,109,835 times
Thank you Normashirley and Corn-fused for the information on Kelly Clarkson. My favorite female artists are Pink, Sia, Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa and the iconic Annie Lennox. Always interesting to learn about someone new to me.

NYSinger, as a native New Yorker, my condolences to you regarding yesterday's events.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:09 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,640,449 times
Thank you Alinka

Old 11-03-2017, 07:11 AM

13,209 posts, read 7,427,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Yep. We never watch those. Why bother broadcasting them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I prefer Lucas to ShiíAnn, because I get sick of all of the over singing.
Agreed. I thought Shi'Ann's performance was terrible. I don't know if it was the song choice or if her vocal strategy is to sing on level 10 all the time. I can't believe the judges were so impressed with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV