U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 04:40 PM

21,507 posts, read 18,184,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I started to watch the second episode and when they showed Sarah Paulson crying "again" in the first five minutes I shut it off and deleted from my VCR.

Sorry for starting a thread on a crap ass show!
See, Tom? Your thread is coming along nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 05:46 PM

3,063 posts, read 2,987,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Great episode of AHS: Cult last night! I laughed out loud through much of this, which I've rarely done in past seasons (and never did in the first two, which were straight horror stories). However, in SO7, the satire is so thick you can cut it with a knife, which is not a complaint - it's extremely funny This is definitely the most satirical season of the show so far.

Two scenes stood out as being especially funny in this episode:

-When the news commentator referred to the Sarah Paulson character as a "les&(%# G. Zimmerman" due to her having accidentally killed the restaurant worker - LMFAO!!!! Hilarious!

-When the neighbors from across the street came over to the SP/AP house wearing sombreros, in protest over what SP had done What white-bread hypocrites - as if they knew anything about discrimination. And, in point of fact, they're actually the ones who were perpetuating stereotypes. Ridiculous, which was the whole point

Numerous questions after seeing this episode:

Spoiler
1) What is the chemical?! truck that is spraying the SP/AP couple's lawn, causing the large bird kill?! Is it just pin-pointing their house, or is it also spraying other houses?!

2) Who is spray-painting the smiley face on the front door of the house & trashing their house?! Presumably, this is the same person?! who killed the gerbil in the microwave?! For the record, I don't think it was the neighbors.

3) Going along with the above, is the Allison Pill character trying to drive the SP character nuts, behind her back?! I.e., is she the one that is responsible for everything, in order to manipulate SP for whatever reason?!

Interesting.

You're describing exactly how I felt when watching that episode. I will continue to watch.

***Spoiler alerts below*** (couldn't get the show/hide function to work)...

Also waiting to see what the babysitter has to do with everything.

Will wait to see when the mom who voted for Hilary turns on the other mom.

The look in the actress's face when she said "Did something happen to Mr Guinea??" Lololol And the half-smiley face of the news reporter as she reports the finding of a dead body at a dump? Hilarious. Love the satire so far.

ETA: But what's up with the smiley-face-mask-wearing chemical sprayers...? The fact they came in on the same episode with a guinea pig is obviously tied in to experimentation or something...who is the guinea pig or pigs in all of this...? RE: your question, I'm not sure if it's just their house or not...

Also guessing there's more to come with that cop guy with the weirdly-light colored hair...

Do the writers for the show consider all therapists evil or something (i.e. Asylum)? Also...waiting to see how/at what point Evans' character achieves 'world domination'. Horrible remix with the newscaster...there are plenty of versions of these for them to have made a better one (i.e., this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZkNHb5M_Cg).

On another note, does anyone know how long it takes to put together a season for a show like this? Am I the only one impressed this season was about the election when it occurred just 'under' a year ago? Feels like it just happened yesterday...

Last edited by southkakkatlantan; 10-01-2017 at 07:01 PM..

Old 10-02-2017, 10:04 AM

19,801 posts, read 8,265,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
I am liking this season so far. Agree that things are really picking up speed.
I didn't even finish the first episode.

Then I caught the third episode and got interested. I actually went back and watched the first two. The first one was definitely not that good--but now it is really getting interesting and back on the horror track.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:23 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,791,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I didn't even finish the first episode.

Then I caught the third episode and got interested. I actually went back and watched the first two. The first one was definitely not that good--but now it is really getting interesting and back on the horror track.
The consensus on this thread about the show changed quickly. In the beginning, most of the posters were saying how much they disliked it.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:50 PM

979 posts, read 1,008,334 times
Last weeks episode turned it around for. I really disliked it before that one, and it gave the back story I needed and enjoyed. Hopefully it will go forward better.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:56 AM

20,977 posts, read 32,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
Last weeks episode turned it around for. I really disliked it before that one, and it gave the back story I needed and enjoyed. Hopefully it will go forward better.
I thought the 9/26 episode was a turning point as well.
I love how RM is always introducing cinematic references and homagesin the storylines. In S7 I'm picking up on the Rosemary's Baby angle. Ally (Rosemary) is in a position now where she doesn't know who to trust or where to turn. As in that film, I think the answer will ultimately be: No one.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:27 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,791,896 times
The show has revealed a lot and it's only episode 5 (out of 11 total this season). It's interesting how Kai has gathered a group of cult members from such diverse backgrounds and diverse politics.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:58 PM

3,063 posts, read 2,987,784 times
Spoiler alerts from 10/3 episode below:

Was happy to finally see how the psychiatrist and Evan's character were related.

Do we believe that murder suicide story? I'm not sure he's telling the truth. Why would he tell the news anchor lady the truth anyway?

Also, why was Winter's hair dyed? I am wondering if there was some sort of bet placed that Evan's character would get to run the Cult if Donald won and Winter would get to run it if Hilary won...

Just a matter of time before the members of the Cult start killing the rest of each other off right? But not before more havoc is done amongst others in the city so I'm sure lots more gore will follow. Will continue to watch.

On another note....the gimp in the news anchor guy's house.....?? What was that about? Maybe I missed some background on that or something.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:11 PM

2,482 posts, read 640,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Spoiler alerts from 10/3 episode below:

Was happy to finally see how the psychiatrist and Evan's character were related.

Do we believe that murder suicide story? I'm not sure he's telling the truth. Why would he tell the news anchor lady the truth anyway?

Also, why was Winter's hair dyed? I am wondering if there was some sort of bet placed that Evan's character would get to run the Cult if Donald won and Winter would get to run it if Hilary won...

Just a matter of time before the members of the Cult start killing the rest of each other off right? But not before more havoc is done amongst others in the city so I'm sure lots more gore will follow. Will continue to watch.

On another note....the gimp in the news anchor guy's house.....?? What was that about? Maybe I missed some background on that or something.
I know, right! Makes me wonder if he had more in mind when he invited the young reporter to his "lake house".

Old 10-05-2017, 09:19 AM

1,498 posts, read 1,515,283 times
DH and I are no longer finding this season that scary. The clowns still creep me out a bit but now that I know who they are, I'm not as scared. I'm missing some of the super natural elements that made other seasons more interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or