U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 09:24 AM

14,299 posts, read 20,557,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
How many people were screaming at the television when Becca told him to leave and he just sat there, looking at her? Hubby and I were like "LEAVE"
YES! OMG he was sitting there because he wanted her to make him feel better about his decision. He is a tool and a half. I get being conflicted and not knowing. He could have not selected both of them. Or tell both of them he was conflicted and he couldn't decide OR he could have just not proposed. Seriously, so many better choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 09:25 AM

13,230 posts, read 11,768,860 times
Iím glad I didnít watch this trainwreck of a season! lol

Old 03-06-2018, 09:39 AM

3,804 posts, read 2,011,515 times
Ok - Arie is an a$$hat. The fact of the matter is, he should not be proposing to anyone right now because he has bigger issues than comittment. I think that boy is gay. He needs to figure that out first (although I am sure he has and isn't ready to come out) and stop putting women through his denial with him.

I have to remember to keep the fact that this show is scripted and that the majority of the cast are not there for the shows purpose. Like Becca's ex for instance. He was hired for the show. Not a real ex.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:44 AM

626 posts, read 711,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
YES! OMG he was sitting there because he wanted her to make him feel better about his decision. He is a tool and a half. I get being conflicted and not knowing. He could have not selected both of them. Or tell both of them he was conflicted and he couldn't decide OR he could have just not proposed. Seriously, so many better choices.

Exactly! Arie shouldn't have proposed to anyone if he is so conflicted!

Old 03-06-2018, 09:56 AM

2,809 posts, read 663,331 times
I wish Becca and Lauren would tell Arie to eff off, then go on with their lives. Walk off and leave him sitting there with Chris Harrison. But Lauren will take him back, otherwise they wouldn't be having another show tonight.

I figured something was "off" when they brought Jason Mesnick in for comments.

I'm a little fuzzy on one thing.....did he call Lauren and talk to her, THEN break up with Becca?

Also, was he one of Emily Maynard's rejects? (way back in 2012)

Old 03-06-2018, 10:08 AM

626 posts, read 711,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
I wish Becca and Lauren would tell Arie to eff off, then go on with their lives. Walk off and leave him sitting there with Chris Harrison. But Lauren will take him back, otherwise they wouldn't be having another show tonight.

I figured something was "off" when they brought Jason Mesnick in for comments.

I'm a little fuzzy on one thing.....did he call Lauren and talk to her, THEN break up with Becca?

Also, was he one of Emily Maynard's rejects? (way back in 2012)

Yeah! Arie was the runner up in Emily's season. But Emily proposed to Jef Holm instead.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:29 AM

752 posts, read 660,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Ok - Arie is an a$$hat. The fact of the matter is, he should not be proposing to anyone right now because he has bigger issues than comittment. I think that boy is gay. He needs to figure that out first (although I am sure he has and isn't ready to come out) and stop putting women through his denial with him.

I have to remember to keep the fact that this show is scripted and that the majority of the cast are not there for the shows purpose. Like Becca's ex for instance. He was hired for the show. Not a real ex.
I have been saying this all season! I just don't think he knows it yet, or he does and just doesn't want to admit it.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:57 AM

25,345 posts, read 37,490,972 times
I happen to read the spoilers before yesterday's show so I knew which actually spoiled a little bit of the ...(can't use the word "fun" as it is very sad to see this all play out).

He should never have proposed if he wasn't sure. He should have asked her to keep dating and see where it would lead.

I thought the producers made a fool of themselves and hurt her by keep showing the unedited version, just to fill up the last 30 minutes. Horrific to watch when it is your loved one.

I'm not sure why Ari kept hanging around as to me it looked like he was going to ask for the ring back to use it for...

Wow. We will see what happens tonight and if the spoilers are correct, which they are so far!

One family members mentioned that is looks like Ari only wanted to be the Bachelor to get as much media time and to get a TV deal. For him not able to follow in his dad's shoes, which are big shoes to fill, and at 36 to become a realtor, sounds more like a job due to not knowing what to do in life.

I bet he isn't that good as a realtor either as to me he doesn't sound convincing and honestly, I find his hands very creepy and wouldn't like him to touch me or any client as he is too creepy as even after telling her that he is still in love with the other one, he tried to put his fingers in her neck as a nice gesture. eww!!! Creep factor 10!

Old 03-06-2018, 12:13 PM

15,832 posts, read 18,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Well how many people actually think there's a high probability of falling in love on this show? Do the contestants believe it? Do many viewers believe it? There's always a chance that it does happen, but I'm pretty sure most people by now are skeptical and at most think the bachelor/bachelorette and their chosen person will last only a little while before going their seperate ways.

So as long as you have low expectations on the outcome and just see it as entertainment, then whether they stay together or not and have that happy ending shouldn't be that big a deal.

How is Arie a tool? He messed up, but he did tell Becca a while ago that he still had feelings for Lauren and Becca understood and as she said she tried to give him the time to figure things out. So Arie did make a big mistake, but at least he was upfront about it to Becca and didn't hide his feelings and then completely out of the blue break up with her.

And of course its better to do it now than to keep leading her on and going further in a relationship that he wasn't full invested in all the while thinking about another woman.

I agree and wonder why wasn't it possible for him to maybe take a few more hours to decide, maybe a day or two or perhaps get one more meeting with both girls? Did the show not allow that or Arie just didn't ask for it? And if he truly couldn't decide between the two, then perhaps not propose at all.

Perhaps you're right or perhaps now that he's been with Becca and has been away from Lauren for a while, he finally knows who he truly wants.
How was he a tool?? You answered your own question in your words which I bolded. there were so many ways. And, don't forget, he actually told the last 3 women that he loved them. Seriously, figure it out before you propose and spend weeks pretending to be planning your lives together.

Unless you were watching a different show.....Becca was told..."Out of the Blue", on camera. The space Becca thought she was giving him was a chance to call Loren, and to work through getting over Loren. Ari was dishonest, end of.

Ari didn't even leave Becca alone after he told her, he kept following her around, devoid of any facial expression when she was so hurt, and had asked him to leave multiple times... it totally creeped me out. It was like he was wanting to see her fall apart.

Becca is a grown woman with dignity and class....no fake drama...I was very proud of her restraint. She definitely has dodged a bullet....And she will find a better man that deserves her.

Last edited by JanND; 03-06-2018 at 12:35 PM..

Old 03-06-2018, 12:25 PM

2,809 posts, read 663,331 times
A lot of Becca's 'restraint' was because of the cameras. Sure, she said a few f-words, but she didn't scream, get physical, or even cry that we could see. She may have fallen apart off camera, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or