U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-06-2018, 05:29 PM
 
Location: USA
2,824 posts, read 666,948 times
Reputation: 3379

Advertisements

I'll bet a lot of the other women are thinking "WHEW"!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2018, 05:37 PM
 
25,351 posts, read 37,533,691 times
Reputation: 13271
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
How was he a tool?? You answered your own question in your words which I bolded. there were so many ways. And, don't forget, he actually told the last 3 women that he loved them. Seriously, figure it out before you propose and spend weeks pretending to be planning your lives together.

Unless you were watching a different show.....Becca was told..."Out of the Blue", on camera. The space Becca thought she was giving him was a chance to call Loren, and to work through getting over Loren. Ari was dishonest, end of.

Ari didn't even leave Becca alone after he told her, he kept following her around, devoid of any facial expression when she was so hurt, and had asked him to leave multiple times... it totally creeped me out. It was like he was wanting to see her fall apart.

Becca is a grown woman with dignity and class....no fake drama...I was very proud of her restraint. She definitely has dodged a bullet....And she will find a better man that deserves her.
I wonder if his weird "no facial" expressions are due to BOTOX.

He acts like a robot. Like a narcissist.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2018, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,520 posts, read 9,123,268 times
Reputation: 29086
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Isn't that the truth... how could she ever trust him??

I haven't watched this show for YEARS but just happened to see the last hour or so last night.
Arie is an immature, selfish jerk. So nothing on this show has changed . I thought Prince Lorenzo or whatever his name was had been the "worst Bachelor ever" (to paraphrase Chris Harrison's usual style of talk haha) but Arie takes the crown.

If Lauren truly is still interested... buyer beware. I can well imagine her parents are very, very skeptical of this idiot. Really... are there any still-happily-married Bachelor or Bachelorettes out there besides Trista and Ryan? The success rate for these shows boggles the mind that it is still on the air and anyone watches with great interest...

ROTF Prince Lorenzo Borghese, the cosmetics "heir."

It always amuses me how the women toss around the term "hunk" as the limo approaches the Bachelor (especially when it was the farmer, but I digress ), however Borghese was good-looking. Sadly, he was also vapid and fickle, almost becoming a perpetual reality contestant.

His one redeeming feature was that he was a colossal dog lover. But I just ended up feeling sorry for the dogs.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2018, 06:05 PM
 
4,873 posts, read 2,161,995 times
Reputation: 12404
Best breakup ever done was by a former bf of mine. Sweet and to the point. He looked at me and said : Go! And No! No coming back.
I totally 'got' it!. Ari could learn from that style of letting go. It was so much about 'him'. Becca may had been reserved ...or shocked perhaps. I just can't say she was 'refined' or stoic. Her walking him to the door and putting him in a car would have been 'classy'. Will commend her in not lashing out at Lauren...(yet anyway)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2018, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Endless Concert
1,634 posts, read 1,067,094 times
Reputation: 3043
I agree with the post that said Arie seemed like a narcissist.

He didn't come across sincere and genuine when he was breaking it off with Becca. Just kinda going through the motions when he was speaking, he seemed self centered and a bit immature. It was all about him.

When Becca said, I'm kinda embarrassed or I'm embarrassed. I was yelling at the TV saying Arie you idiot that's what you should be saying to Becca. She has nothing to be embarrassed about. In that moment I felt embarrassed for Arie and relief for Becca that she didn't marry this ding-a-ling !

I wonder what is going to happen on tonight's show ?

If Lauren agrees to date or marry Arie then I think the show should pay for her to see a psychologist.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2018, 06:54 PM
 
1,819 posts, read 981,114 times
Reputation: 2153
And the reality tv show award for worst actress: Becca.

And the reality tv show award for worst attempt at contrived drama: The Bachelor.

If any of you believed that was real, you bought it hook, line and sinker. Last week when I saw Arie and Becca on their date and they were saying they loved each other it came off as fake, I saw no connection. Becca seemed so much different, elated, yet I felt the two were play acting. Told myself, the producers have set this up for Arie to propose to Becca, they'll break up, then he and Lauren will get together. So why was Becca elated you ask? Either because she'll be the next Bachelorette or she received a real swell check that put a smile on her face.

My concern was for Lauren and whether or not they clued her in beforehand, but I knew they had to have. No way would she consider taking Arie back if he let her go without warning it was a set-up to create drama. [It also gave CBS an extra night of Bachelor ratings (ad revenue)].

Wasn't the first thing that was fake involving Becca. Recall her ex-boyfriend showing up? When she opened the door there was no camera behind her, yet as the guy was talking all of a sudden a camerman was inside behind Becca. Then when she was sitting on the step as the guy continued talking again there was no camerman behind her, yet without his conversation being interrupted suddenly a camernan appeared behind her like a magic. Way too obvious.

I like watching the Bachelor to see what ladies will be on, and how they interact and which ones are there for the right reasons, but the fake scenes are annoying. Even Chris Harrison had a hard time keeping a straight face when they came back from the break-up scene a time or two.

Poor Arie, he's going to take so much grief from people who actually believe he treated Becca and Lauren that way. He shouldn't have agreed to it. Hope the money he made was worth it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2018, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Saint John, IN
10,647 posts, read 3,327,650 times
Reputation: 12754
AND there it is folks....Arie just proposed to Lauren and she accepted! WOW, her parents must be so proud. This guy was literally just engaged to someone else and now asked someone else. What a joke!

Oops....Sorry!

Last edited by CGab; 03-06-2018 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: added spoiler tag
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2018, 09:24 PM
 
14,941 posts, read 26,665,395 times
Reputation: 18172
Bets on how long Lauren and Arie last?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2018, 09:38 PM
 
1,300 posts, read 781,402 times
Reputation: 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Unless you were watching a different show.....Becca was told..."Out of the Blue", on camera. The space Becca thought she was giving him was a chance to call Loren, and to work through getting over Loren. Ari was dishonest, end of.
If Arie was over Lauren why would he even feel the need to call her? He would simply be happy with Becca and that would be that. The only reason to call would be that he still had feelings for Lauren and he wanted to see if she still had feelings for him and to go from there. The only way he would be 'over her' would've been if Lauren said she wasn't interested in him anymore and then he could choose to stay with Becca or breakup.

Quote:
Ari didn't even leave Becca alone after he told her, he kept following her around, devoid of any facial expression when she was so hurt, and had asked him to leave multiple times... it totally creeped me out. It was like he was wanting to see her fall apart.
He's kinda damn if he does and damned if he doesn't. If when Becca told him to leave and he just left, there's a good chance some people would then say something like 'Wow he left her just like that! Did he even care for her all that much to begin with?!'

I personally didn't have a problem with him sticking around and trying to talk it over with Becca abit more before leaving for good. After their second talk and she told him to leave the second time, that seemed like the more appropiate time to leave. IE they talked it over more, there was nothing else left to say between them and Arie leaving then seemed right because both had said all they wanted to say at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
I sure hope Lauren doesn't start seeing Arie. If so, he will probably tell her in a few months that he still has feelings for Becca.

Both Becca and Lauren can do so much better.
Well it seemed like Becca really wanted Arie and now we find out so did Lauren and she took him back. So I guess both didn't think they could find a much better guy than Arie at least right now.

Quote:
There were so many other choices he could have made. He said the morning of the last show he didn't know which one to choose. There is the answer, he didn't know then and still doesn't know. Arie telling Becca he's conflicted doesn't have anything to do with either girl.
He did apologise repeatedly on tonight's show about being pressured to make a choice and that's pretty much all he can do. He chose Becca and had reservations about choosing her and then he told her about it and then made contact with Lauren and things went from there.

Better to admit he messed up and to try and go after who he believed he really wanted and deal with the consequences than to drag things on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
AND there it is folks....Arie just proposed to Lauren and she accepted! WOW, her parents must be so proud. This guy was literally just engaged to someone else and now asked someone else. What a joke!


And Becca is the new Bachlorette! I guess she got over the break up already. Crazy!!
Well not a joke for Arie and Lauren I suppose. Arie finally figured out who he really wanted and Lauren was more than happy to take him back and put aside the fact that he messed up.

As for Becca, of course she'd be the next Bachelorette and no reason to dwell over the past when it was clear Arie wanted someone else.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2018, 09:43 PM
 
25,351 posts, read 37,533,691 times
Reputation: 13271
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
And the reality tv show award for worst actress: Becca.

And the reality tv show award for worst attempt at contrived drama: The Bachelor.

If any of you believed that was real, you bought it hook, line and sinker. Last week when I saw Arie and Becca on their date and they were saying they loved each other it came off as fake, I saw no connection. Becca seemed so much different, elated, yet I felt the two were play acting. Told myself, the producers have set this up for Arie to propose to Becca, they'll break up, then he and Lauren will get together. So why was Becca elated you ask? Either because she'll be the next Bachelorette or she received a real swell check that put a smile on her face.

My concern was for Lauren and whether or not they clued her in beforehand, but I knew they had to have. No way would she consider taking Arie back if he let her go without warning it was a set-up to create drama. [It also gave CBS an extra night of Bachelor ratings (ad revenue)].

Wasn't the first thing that was fake involving Becca. Recall her ex-boyfriend showing up? When she opened the door there was no camera behind her, yet as the guy was talking all of a sudden a camerman was inside behind Becca. Then when she was sitting on the step as the guy continued talking again there was no camerman behind her, yet without his conversation being interrupted suddenly a camernan appeared behind her like a magic. Way too obvious.

I like watching the Bachelor to see what ladies will be on, and how they interact and which ones are there for the right reasons, but the fake scenes are annoying. Even Chris Harrison had a hard time keeping a straight face when they came back from the break-up scene a time or two.

Poor Arie, he's going to take so much grief from people who actually believe he treated Becca and Lauren that way. He shouldn't have agreed to it. Hope the money he made was worth it.

In hindsight...I believe you are right!

We also thought the BF showing up was weird.

I actually posted in the other thread before today's show that people were mentioning that Becca was going to be the new Bachelorette and indeed that is true.

It sounds like a set up. Becca went from devastated to totally ready to be the new TV star.

In the end I felt a little different about Arie. He came across more sincere and saying the pressure, which I definitely believe is there when the cameras are rolling.

It is weird to hear him tell two girls he loves them and I still don't like him being all over all these girls.

Both her and his family were in the studio and congratulating each other which was nice to see.

To me Arie became more human the more I saw two of the ex girls from the show. The totally over the top and ridiculous 22 year old who went to a marijuana place to have a vacation and the realtor from south Florida who seeks TV attention.

The other ex girls come across sincere to me and not just seeking some five min of fame.

Hopefully Arie and Lauren will be very happy together as it seems Becca clearly wasn't the one, which clearly counts for both sides.

Becca said Arie should not have proposed as that should have happened once in her life. Really! Than don't go on a show where almost everything is fake and walk around with microphone on your clothes, 24/7 and being followed by a camera 24/7...

Find a guy in real life and don't think life is like movie or a romantic book.

Becca, hopefully will not fall for two guys or she will be looking in the mirror and reminded about Arie more than she wished for.

I hope she finds her knight! Maybe the guy with the horse or the one who sang. Both look like a great fit for her.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top