Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 03:54 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,483 times

Advertisements

The thing I noticed when Arie was breaking it off with Becca was he kept saying, "I'm conflicted"

Well if he's that conflicted then how about not proposing to either girl until he figures things out.

I felt so sorry for Becca, it's better she find out now then after they're married with kids that he still has feeling for Lauren. I think Becca can do a lot better.

I don't think either girl is right for Arie because he doesn't seem like he knows himself very well, he seems kinda wishy-washy. Perhaps he should take some time to get to know himself maybe see a counselor and not date for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 04:46 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,589 times
Becca showed class. Now...if that had been me Arie wold have been running out the door cameras or no cameras. I wanted to be there to slap him, and I can't believe she didn't tell him how sorry he was. Oh well, like I said she had class.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:25 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
This franchise really ran its course and met its demise years ago. It is just such an unrealistic expectation of how to fall in love especially when multiple people are involved and then a proposal at the end all in such a short period of time.
Well how many people actually think there's a high probability of falling in love on this show? Do the contestants believe it? Do many viewers believe it? There's always a chance that it does happen, but I'm pretty sure most people by now are skeptical and at most think the bachelor/bachelorette and their chosen person will last only a little while before going their seperate ways.

So as long as you have low expectations on the outcome and just see it as entertainment, then whether they stay together or not and have that happy ending shouldn't be that big a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I agree with Ari being a total tool. Becca was a class act, I cannot imagine having to endure Ari following her around, observing her while he just keeps wanting her to talk to him, while he says nothing...He was ridiculous and insensitive.
How is Arie a tool? He messed up, but he did tell Becca a while ago that he still had feelings for Lauren and Becca understood and as she said she tried to give him the time to figure things out. So Arie did make a big mistake, but at least he was upfront about it to Becca and didn't hide his feelings and then completely out of the blue break up with her.

And of course its better to do it now than to keep leading her on and going further in a relationship that he wasn't full invested in all the while thinking about another woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
The thing I noticed when Arie was breaking it off with Becca was he kept saying, "I'm conflicted"

Well if he's that conflicted then how about not proposing to either girl until he figures things out.
I agree and wonder why wasn't it possible for him to maybe take a few more hours to decide, maybe a day or two or perhaps get one more meeting with both girls? Did the show not allow that or Arie just didn't ask for it? And if he truly couldn't decide between the two, then perhaps not propose at all.

Quote:
I don't think either girl is right for Arie because he doesn't seem like he knows himself very well, he seems kinda wishy-washy. Perhaps he should take some time to get to know himself maybe see a counselor and not date for awhile.
Perhaps you're right or perhaps now that he's been with Becca and has been away from Lauren for a while, he finally knows who he truly wants.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:39 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I agree with Ari being a total tool. Becca was a class act, I cannot imagine having to endure Ari following her around, observing her while he just keeps wanting her to talk to him, while he says nothing...He was ridiculous and insensitive.

Seriously, Loren needs to watch him because if she has trust issues, how he treated Becca should make her run.

And now having to endure another episode I hope Becca has her chance to say what she wants to.

Isn't that the truth... how could she ever trust him??

I haven't watched this show for YEARS but just happened to see the last hour or so last night.
Arie is an immature, selfish jerk. So nothing on this show has changed . I thought Prince Lorenzo or whatever his name was had been the "worst Bachelor ever" (to paraphrase Chris Harrison's usual style of talk haha) but Arie takes the crown.

If Lauren truly is still interested... buyer beware. I can well imagine her parents are very, very skeptical of this idiot. Really... are there any still-happily-married Bachelor or Bachelorettes out there besides Trista and Ryan? The success rate for these shows boggles the mind that it is still on the air and anyone watches with great interest...

Old 03-06-2018, 06:50 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
As many have mentioned, there are relatively few long-term success stories emanating from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. In addition, each one ends up an audition for the other one. If Becca is the next "Bachelorette," it won't be without reminding us over and over what a "class act" she was.

There's too much inbreeding on these shows.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:36 AM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
I haven't watched the Bachelor or the Bachelorette regularly - I watched Rachel's season because I thought she was smart and beautiful - but then saw somethings about her I didn't like. Arie never appealed to me so I didn't watch this season but did see The Girl's Tell All - my favorite episode in any season.

Decided to quickly skim through yesterday's episode to see the conflict - what a sleaze he is and I'm glad I didn't waste my time on this season. What girl wants to hear especially on national tv that while he was making love to you - he was thinking about someone else?

Old 03-06-2018, 08:24 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,065 times
He didn't say he was 'sorry' to Becca until later in last night's episode. She showed a lot of class and although her heart was broken, she should be thankful she didn't marry that bonehead.

She kept asking him to leave and he kept hanging around, as though he expected her to give him absolution and feel sorry for him being so 'conflicted' - he truly acted as though he were the victim.

What would be the ultimate would be to see Lauren on tonight's episode telling Arie to take a hike.

Both women are way too good for him.

Last edited by katie45; 03-06-2018 at 08:46 AM..

Old 03-06-2018, 08:45 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,497 times
How many people were screaming at the television when Becca told him to leave and he just sat there, looking at her? Hubby and I were like "LEAVE"

Old 03-06-2018, 08:47 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
How many people were screaming at the television when Becca told him to leave and he just sat there, looking at her? Hubby and I were like "LEAVE"
Yep! "Get the F out!!!" would have been very appropriate!

Old 03-06-2018, 08:55 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Yep! "Get the F out!!!" would have been very appropriate!
She handled that way better than I would have! Maybe it was because the cameras were there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV