U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2018, 02:14 PM

3,675 posts, read 2,486,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm wondering if meta is really that clueless or if it's his gameplay to act dumb.
CBS sent him videos of a previous season and apparently he has said he didn’t bother to watch them. So, yes, I believe he is that clueless.

If he had any sort of game and was just feigning cluelessness with the houseguests, he would be making his case to win to the jury via his diary room sessions. He isn’t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 03:15 PM

3,448 posts, read 1,496,541 times
I think Adriana is currently in the best position. I don't hear any talk about her on the feeds. If Mark and she decided to actually play, I think they'd be smart to align with James since he's good at comps and can help carry them.

I'd keep Omarosa as long as possible since she's utterly useless in comps.

Shannon played too hard, she's a goner. I think Ross and Marissa might be victims of the midway "smoke out". It's when really good players get called out and dumped midway.

The thing I'm really enjoying about this season is that the hgs are different ages, bodies, etc. no fake romances. Plus, they actually keep the house clean. Casting should go back to real array of people instead of 20 somethings.

I can't figure out Meta. I don't think he's necessarily faking but you think he'd know himself well enough to know he can't deal with that environment.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:24 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,958,603 times
You can tell by the lack of postings the low interest in this show. They really bombed with house guests selection. Keisha quitting was a new low. What a waste!

...and Omorosa is a big disappointment. All the sudden now she becomes Mother Theresa.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
You can tell by the lack of postings the low interest in this show. They really bombed with house guests selection. Keisha quitting was a new low. What a waste!

...and Omorosa is a big disappointment. All the sudden now she becomes Mother Theresa.
I think more people are watching the Olympics or at least have it on in the background. I keep up via bigbrotherupdates but don't really watch the show. Imo, there's not enough hgs to make it interesting, celebs or not. There's not enough ways to reshuffle the deck/blindside/backstab when you only have 9 left (8 if you discount Meta).

Old 02-13-2018, 09:06 AM

5,799 posts, read 4,818,976 times
It's only here on CD that the posting about this season is low. Reddit LOVES this season. I know I do, and for the reason others have shared. Who cares that the participants are low list "celebrities" - they are an interesting group of a real variety of people. There's at least 1 evil villain (Oma...), at least 1 entertaining crazy one (Metta), some eye candy (depends on the viewer - I think James is cute), and the majority of the cast is playing hard. I also like how quickly the season is progressing - regular BB can get boring towards the end when all the housemates do is sleep.

Although I've been team Ross I think others are right when they say he's playing too hard now and will probably leave mid season. Ari does have a pretty good chance. Players who lay low in the beginning then come on strong towards the end seem to do well on BB.

Yesterday's eviction was disappointing and kind of fishy, though.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
It's only here on CD that the posting about this season is low. Reddit LOVES this season. I know I do, and for the reason others have shared. Who cares that the participants are low list "celebrities" - they are an interesting group of a real variety of people. There's at least 1 evil villain (Oma...), at least 1 entertaining crazy one (Metta), some eye candy (depends on the viewer - I think James is cute), and the majority of the cast is playing hard. I also like how quickly the season is progressing - regular BB can get boring towards the end when all the housemates do is sleep.

Although I've been team Ross I think others are right when they say he's playing too hard now and will probably leave mid season. Ari does have a pretty good chance. Players who lay low in the beginning then come on strong towards the end seem to do well on BB.

Yesterday's eviction was disappointing and kind of fishy, though.
The problem with less hgs is that you have less time to float. I agree that Ross will probably be the next major target after Shannon.
I see Adriana and Brandi ramping up this next cycle, which leaves Mark/Metta as the only floaters left. I guess you could call Omarosa a floater, too.
I could see Omarosa and Meta surviving the next 3-4 evictions without having to win anything. The focus will be on Shannon, Ross, James... Then if they could win some, I could see them getting to the final 3 pretty easily. If Meta wins, I doubt he'd put up Omarosa.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 AM

3,687 posts, read 3,925,323 times
And let's not forget this show is only 3 WEEKS - there's no time for anything to develop (slow play) so if they're going to make moves, they have to do it fast! I like this season and I had high hopes for Oma after the first episode - NOW, I see she's up to her old tricks (i.e. if I don't get what I want, I act like a disingenuous snot!) Argh - I want her to go!

Old 02-14-2018, 05:26 AM

4,456 posts, read 2,071,673 times
I've noticed less posters on many of the entertainment discussion boards I use to frequent. Shows which garnered 10 pages an episode last year have only 1-2 posters this year.

As far as this show - I really wasn't looking forward to it. I thought it'd be something to watch the next day if I had free time - but - I'm loving this show more than regular Big Brother. I like the fast pace - I like we seldom have long boring silent moments of people sleeping or watching the cameras in the HOH room. Sometimes an hour seems like 3 watching the regular show - it drags on for so long - watching this - time flies!

I love the more aggressive play and I really don't mind any of the cast. I have no favorites but then again - I don't dislike anyone either. I actually hated Paul's puss and the stuff he regurgitated in hi seasons. Patting himself on the back all the time - this year - we see much less strategizing - but what we do see if sufficient.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:55 AM

4,936 posts, read 2,016,848 times
Having 2 people already say, 'vote me out!' isn't great. I would have still voted out Omarosa and make Keisha quit. Why give up the power to decide? Kinda lame. She knew what she signed up for. That was a chance to get out both of them. I'm sure production would say no though. haha

Old 02-14-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Having 2 people already say, 'vote me out!' isn't great. I would have still voted out Omarosa and make Keisha quit. Why give up the power to decide? Kinda lame. She knew what she signed up for. That was a chance to get out both of them. I'm sure production would say no though. haha
If they quit, they don't get paid so according to the feeds, they were struggling bc they wanted to black door Shannon. During the commercial break after the veto, they were trying to convince her to hang on but she wanted to go. They had to vote her out bc they didn't want her to lose the paycheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV