U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 08:43 AM

4,954 posts, read 2,027,872 times

Advertisements

I enjoyed the season. The winner was a bit odd but oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 09:05 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,514,793 times
I really don't understand why the jury was so butt hurt. They got 200k+ just to walk in the door plus $$ for each week they survived and didn't have to be sequestered. I get it more with a regular cast who get next to nothing if they don't get to jury house but jeez, for those claiming to be super fans, they didn't vote like one.

I'm surprised Ross won America's favorite bc unbeknownst to me, James has 3 million followers and a die hard fan base. I thought he was a shoo in.

Overall, I liked it. I'm sure producers were disappointed by the lack of real drama. They probably figured it would be fireworks with Omarosa and Brandi.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:08 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,514,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Omarosa sounded like she was running for office during her goodbye speech. Then did you see how she disrespected Julie in the exit interview, constantly interrupting to acknowledge people in the audience. Julie should have smacked her.

Mark should have not have caved and gave in to Ross who wanted a "letter from his mother" WTF? He was going to see her in twenty minutes, couldn't wait?
That hoh was played on Friday, it wasn't live.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:03 AM

426 posts, read 631,655 times
I prefer the celebrity version - no gross undercover sex scenes, or the real kind of hate that Raven from BB19 earned.
And the finale was pretty funny, the jurors laughing together! When did you ever see that on a regular season? And I didn't really even like any of them, except for Metta. Nice change of pace.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:39 PM

1,833 posts, read 987,330 times
The shortened length of time of the season compared to a regular BB season was a big reason the contestants were able to get along as well as they did. Along with the fact they've all been successful in their careers so didn't need BB, they were there because they wanted the experience or to help promote themselves.

I enjoyed Arianda's positive, beautiful spirit. Unfortunately, she wasn't a key person driving strategy or winning challenges. As much as I liked her I voted for Shannon instead for Favorite Houseguest. She was a tough competitor and was good at strategizing. In other words, a big target so not surprising she was voted out.

Just like last summer where I thought the better player came in 2nd, I was surprised the jury wasn't big enough to give the win to the right person. Very petty of them.

No doubt this was a successful season and will lead to another season of Celebrity BB. It also wets the appetite for the new season coming up this summer. I really don't know how people can live in that house for three months. Watching last summer I thought it was disgusting, at least some of the things I witnessed. That on top of not getting to leave the house and backyard, and not having tv, reading material, or being able to write. Not being able to read and write while there seems a bit extreme to me, although I understand not being able to watch tv.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:00 PM

3,856 posts, read 2,029,754 times
I like the way the UK does celebrity big brother. While most seasons are full of nasty celebrities that behave so poorly, this past season of celebrity big brother UK was really good and the housemates really got along well.

The US version was good and it kept in-line with how the regular shows plays. I really do wish they would get better celebs for ours.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:14 PM

7,198 posts, read 7,554,733 times
I know this a little old but, Keisha Knight leaving really bothered me. Don't do the show if you have kids relying on you at home.
Other than that great season.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:53 PM

1,688 posts, read 3,538,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
............ That on top of not getting to leave the house and backyard, and not having tv, reading material, or being able to write. Not being able to read and write while there seems a bit extreme to me, although I understand not being able to watch tv.
You mention "reading"....did anyone else notice Ari, while James was speaking to her downstairs in one episode, was using some sort of electronic tablet device? I was thinking it was an e-reader and thought that was against the rules but then the next scene showed Mark upstairs in his room lying on his bed listening to music with his headset on. Did anyone else catch that?

Old 02-26-2018, 02:31 PM

5,799 posts, read 4,844,041 times
Yes, I saw that too and wondered what it was. Maybe it was the way they ordered their food and other supplies from production?

Old 02-26-2018, 03:11 PM

1,833 posts, read 987,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
You mention "reading"....did anyone else notice Ari, while James was speaking to her downstairs in one episode, was using some sort of electronic tablet device? I was thinking it was an e-reader and thought that was against the rules but then the next scene showed Mark upstairs in his room lying on his bed listening to music with his headset on. Did anyone else catch that?
I did see James using that device and thought maybe it had something to do with production but it wasn't clear. If I remember right a couple other houseguests were standing there too like they were trying to figure something out.

The headphones Mark had on may have been noise cancelling ones rather than for music. Then again, they are celebrities so may have gotten extra perks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV