U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:02 PM

483 posts, read 277,613 times

Advertisements

I have a roku TV and am curious about the amazon fire stick. Does anyone know if its any better than the roku?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 07:44 PM

6,846 posts, read 12,401,835 times
I've used both. Firestick is better. It's not even close. Firestick just seemed more user friendly. Roku is outdated.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:30 PM

6,971 posts, read 12,385,235 times
Roku isn't user friendly? My wife learned how to work the remote and the Roku in about 5 minutes. Can't be more user friendly with her using it. My son has Firestick. He watched my Roku for a little while and wished he had gone with it instead.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:32 AM

4,787 posts, read 4,671,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I've used both. Firestick is better. It's not even close. Firestick just seemed more user friendly. Roku is outdated.
I bought a Fire Stick expecting to like it better than the Roku. I don't really like it and I do not find it more user-friendly. I'd say it's almost the same, except for having to scroll through all of Amazon's stuff. I think for most people who aren't the most savvy, a Roku might be simpler.

I do not like that apps on Roku do not seem to update as much. When I asked them when they're going to update the Roku app for Hulu (since Hulu allows you to have separate profiles), they were basically like, "No, we don't have any idea, we're not really working on it." Seriously???

Old 09-09-2017, 10:28 AM

6,846 posts, read 12,401,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I bought a Fire Stick expecting to like it better than the Roku. I don't really like it and I do not find it more user-friendly. I'd say it's almost the same, except for having to scroll through all of Amazon's stuff. I think for most people who aren't the most savvy, a Roku might be simpler.

I do not like that apps on Roku do not seem to update as much. When I asked them when they're going to update the Roku app for Hulu (since Hulu allows you to have separate profiles), they were basically like, "No, we don't have any idea, we're not really working on it." Seriously???
That was my biggest complaint with Roku. My Roku felt so outdated and when I got a Firestick it seemed like it was designed to meet my needs instead of feeling too basic like the Roku. Getting a smart TV is the best option.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:17 AM

8,145 posts, read 11,877,664 times
..and the Fire TV is better than the Fire Stick.

IMO well worth the additional cost.

You ask why??? The Fire TV has more memory and quicker on the guide.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:35 AM

675 posts, read 619,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I also have both, but I feel like the Roku is way more user friendly than the Firestick. Plus the interface on the Roku is a lot simpler. With Firestick, I have to push too many buttons to get to the apps I want. With Roku, the apps are right there, and there are the handy shortcut buttons on the remote for apps like Netflix.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:59 AM

1,785 posts, read 1,148,800 times
It's said that they are about to release a NEW generation of Fire Tv box very shortly, so you might want to hold out at least another month or so before buying.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:19 PM

19,714 posts, read 8,237,716 times
I went from a Chromecast to Firestick when I ordered Prime. I love it, love it, love it.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:40 AM

1 posts, read 177 times
For me, Firestick is better than Roku
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV