U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 05:12 AM

8,914 posts, read 4,854,567 times

Advertisements

It would be better to start over for a number of reasons such as stronger characters, less attempts at eye candy, the apparent laziness of using story lines based on B movies, and so forth.

Further, they need to eliminate the common enemy for that is what throws shows into ruts. They start off all fun and exploration but with a common enemy, the show ends up being mostly about "them" if not entirely...and then the fun is lost.

As one observed about Rembrandt, he started off as an optimist and ended up as a bitter old man.

Restart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 05:42 AM

1,093 posts, read 438,376 times
I've been so nostalgic for this show lately!

The first two seasons were the ones I enjoyed most. If the show were to return, I'd like to see a reboot with a new cast but a similar approach to those early episodes. Good, consistent writing and minimal network interference are essential to make it the show it deserves to be rather than the jumbled mess it turned into.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:54 PM

28,257 posts, read 43,533,921 times
Oh man... I loved that show during the first 2-3 seasons, but it went WAY downhill after that! Between the major cast changes and Kromagg side-stories, I felt like it really jumped the shark. So if they were to bring it back, I'd hope they would just completely re-boot the story, and go back to its early roots. I'd like to see more stand-alone episodes (as they were for the first couple of seasons), rather than continuing story lines and romances.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:55 PM

28,257 posts, read 43,533,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
I've been so nostalgic for this show lately!

The first two seasons were the ones I enjoyed most. If the show were to return, I'd like to see a reboot with a new cast but a similar approach to those early episodes. Good, consistent writing and minimal network interference are essential to make it the show it deserves to be rather than the jumbled mess it turned into.
Pretty much exactly what I just said! The last season was particularly bad, imo, and I just like to pretend it never even happened... I mean, it really lost me when they put Wade's head in a flipping jar.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:35 AM

21,521 posts, read 18,196,462 times
Sounds to me it's a good thing I ended up not watching somewhere along the line. Pretty shortly after the Kromaggs.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:00 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,634,939 times
I enjoyed that show. Still, just because it was good doesn't mean that it needs to be redone.

As I heard Joni Mitchell say once, did people call out, "Hey, Van Gogh, do A Starry Night again"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or