U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 05:39 PM

1,344 posts, read 583,391 times

Advertisements

And either way what would you change or ad to the show?
personally I would prefer a continuation, with new cast added, I would also switch from a timer to a small ship of some sort like say a stolen manta ship, that would open up different types of stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 05:49 PM

7,158 posts, read 7,594,161 times
Kind of a random thought but I'll play.

Having been off the air almost 20years I am not sure enough people remember it enough to continue it. You'd have to reboot it

Old 09-12-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Kind of a random thought but I'll play.

Having been off the air almost 20years I am not sure enough people remember it enough to continue it. You'd have to reboot it

Or at least hand-off, it had a huge fan-base.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:46 PM

3,374 posts, read 4,557,677 times
They could always start out with a new cast while shedding light on what eventually happened with the original Slider's. The series finale from 17 years ago left the story open ended enough to where loose ends like the splitting of the original Quinn from the "combined" Quinn could be used to put an end to that character. Then of course the concept of "Earth prime" could be taken in another direction as well.
For instance, the "Earth prime" that was invaded by the Kromagg's was never the one they were trying to get back to. The original equipment in the original reality collects dust in some physic's lab some place and comes back to life with a clearly aged, Rembrandt and some Slider's he picked up along the way.
Maybe even merge that "Multi-Verse Agency" from Jet Li's "The One" into the mix!!

I'm just tossing ideas out there. Loved this show ever since I first saw it when I was 11 when it first came on in '95!!

Old 09-12-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
They could always start out with a new cast while shedding light on what eventually happened with the original Slider's. The series finale from 17 years ago left the story open ended enough to where loose ends like the splitting of the original Quinn from the "combined" Quinn could be used to put an end to that character. Then of course the concept of "Earth prime" could be taken in another direction as well.
For instance, the "Earth prime" that was invaded by the Kromagg's was never the one they were trying to get back to. The original equipment in the original reality collects dust in some physic's lab some place and comes back to life with a clearly aged, Rembrandt and some Slider's he picked up along the way.
Maybe even merge that "Multi-Verse Agency" from Jet Li's "The One" into the mix!!

I'm just tossing ideas out there. Loved this show ever since I first saw it when I was 11 when it first came on in '95!!
actually I had a geocities site that had fan fic along those lines, with the original sliders on trail and escaping for the crime of genocide, because rembrant kept sliding after returning home and it wiped out ALL the kromagz. the "Multi-Verse Agency" became the new reason for them not stopping in one world.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:27 PM

3,374 posts, read 4,557,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
actually I had a geocities site that had fan fic along those lines, with the original sliders on trail and escaping for the crime of genocide, because rembrant kept sliding after returning home and it wiped out ALL the kromagz. the "Multi-Verse Agency" became the new reason for them not stopping in one world.
These fan-fic's at least keep the dream alive in some form or fashion. I could imagine the "Multi-Verse Agency" from The One becoming more of an antagonist than an ally. Their universes painful version of de/rematerializing in parallel universes verses the ease of a worm-hole. Of course they'd want to get their hands on that, along with the pursuit of genocide perpetrators as a secondary objective.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:51 PM

21,451 posts, read 18,163,061 times
I loved that show.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:27 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,149,759 times
They should have had them slide back to an episode of FRINGE. That would have been cool!

Old 09-17-2017, 05:42 PM

8,146 posts, read 11,880,506 times
Good show, but can't believe it's been off for 17 years.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:53 AM

21,451 posts, read 18,163,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
They should have had them slide back to an episode of FRINGE. That would have been cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or