U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 AM

2,591 posts, read 2,892,133 times

Advertisements

I've never seen Hootie & The Blowfish used to such great effect, as in this episode. That was so funny when Hootie is playing in PC Principal's head at the meeting, others start noticing so he leaves, with diminishing Hootie music. They are getting back to basics in this episode, I liked it. They open the door for more, with Mr. Mackey and his female twin with similar voice, lol.

I can't say I liked the aging of Terrance & Phillip. They are so slow on the draw with the farts now. It was kinda gross, old people's farts are really smelly too, felt sorry for that little girl they farted on. I enjoyed the Kyle vs Canadian Prime Minister TV debate. Glad Cartman & Heidi are getting along better now. I find it miraculous how fast Heidi has transformed, all because of that very short period of time she spent with Kyle a couple episodes back.

I wonder if the nuclear attack on Canada will be carried over to future episodes or if this was just a one time thing we will never hear about again. Seems kinda serious to me, like they might have to do a Family Guy time travel thing to fix it. I hope Terrance & Phillip are not dead, because I really miss their earlier work with the more youthful & energetic farts of their glory days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 01:10 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,020,541 times
I thought it was one of the good ones. This season hasn't been great, but comparing it with last season it's far better. And yes.. I was laughing at the Hootie usage and trying to identify whether that was actually "Man in the Mirror"

Season 14, for me, was the most consistent, best season that there has been. Almost every episode was an instant classic..

Sexual Healing
The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs
Medicinal Fried Chicken
You Have 0 Friends
Crippled Summer
The Coon Trilogy

Now, you had a couple that weren't GREAT in there, but were still good.. Insheeption, Poor and Stupid, It's a Jersey Thing and Creme Fraiche were the down episodes that season.

Since they went to the 10 a year format.. That's when it's gone down for me. Season 18 has been the best of those.

Ratings are starting to tail as well, which worries me. This year has been the first year where an episode didn't get 1 million viewers. Both Hummels and Heroin and Super Hard PCNess got less than 1 million viewers on the premier of the episode.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:01 AM

2,061 posts, read 931,410 times
So, the last episode of this season looks like it's going to be an It parody...this should be interesting.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:06 AM

10,546 posts, read 11,646,107 times
This weeks episode was all over the place.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
This weeks episode was all over the place.
Their Season Finales always seem to be like that. There were parts of it I found funny.. But overall.. Middling to poor episode.

It's almost like they try to toss in all the ideas they had throughout the season that haven't been used into that last episode.

I swear I thought that they were going to get to that tent in the woods and find Al Gore as ManBearPig, just as another random thing to toss into the episode.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:20 PM

3,534 posts, read 6,212,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Poor and Stupid, It's a Jersey Thing and Creme Fraiche were the down episodes that season.
I think all three of those are hysterical to be honest. Here is your cooling mist and your cab fare!

Old 12-07-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I think all three of those are hysterical to be honest. Here is your cooling mist and your cab fare!
That's what I meant on it.. Those were the DOWN episodes that season.. the least funny of the batch, and they were still very, very funny. That season for me is the high water mark. They did very funny stuff before and after it, but that entire season was just so good from start to end.

Usually, you have at least one kinda crappy episode per season.. Think Goth Kidsawn of the Posers or Jewpacabra.. Two really kinda bad episodes. S16 was just good all the way through.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:33 PM

2,591 posts, read 2,892,133 times
Really think they are laying it on a bit thick with the political messages in the first and last episode of this season, but the stuff in the middle was pretty funny. Not a bad season overall. They like to make radical changes to the characters sometimes, but this season they really have Kyle, Cartman & Garrison off the grid. Some of that works and some of it don't.

As for the president, what was he supposed to do after that gross provocation by the Canadian Prime Minister? I think he acted accordingly, and Ike, as a foreign national, must be arrested and interrogated, then deported to Canada upon the beginning of the next season. That kind of behavior during war time is traitorous, the whole town of South Park must be brought under martial law. After a great amount of nurturing by Cartman, Heidi has evolved and outgrown him. She seems somewhat ungrateful for all that Cartman has endured, with those snuggle sessions on the couch, missing the PP party, the interruptions of his Coon & Friends speech. Oh well, perhaps he will normalize in the next season.

About the South Park Studios site, although I did not install any ad blocking software between last week and tonight, I kept getting a message tonight in the spots where the commercials usually are, to "not use ad blocking software for this site in order to view program" or something like that. Noticed the site only lets me view the past 6 episodes or so, If I try to pick the earlier episodes from this season, or any other season for that matter, it won't load.

Viewership might be down a little, because so many people are dumping cable. Many of the streaming channel packages/bundles I see for various USB/HDMI gadgets are missing Comedy Central. You're not going to get 50 good channels for 20 bucks a month, it ain't gonna happen. I hope CC and South Park can survive as the technology changes, and hope SP doesn't get canceled.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:58 PM

33,949 posts, read 32,402,154 times
They do better with culture/social issues than politics. I have a theory about why that is so. Culture/social issues don't change that fast so they have more time to develop/perfect the episode. Politics is more fluid. If they guess wrong, the whole episode is in the toilet.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:23 PM

4,582 posts, read 5,815,862 times
This season flew by. Seems like it just started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or