U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 04:54 PM

11,612 posts, read 5,457,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I understand that. But after getting so criticized recently on here, I'm trying to be very careful. Of course, all posts are open to all posters.

Spoiler
He was so out of control he was sleeping in what appeared to be a mechanical room -- maybe the boiler room? -- of the hospital.
He was hiding there to avoid the therapist. Now he's run away from his apartment entirely. We don't know where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 09:40 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Golden Globe nominee finally...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...Insider_171217

Old 01-04-2018, 07:17 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,394,644 times
This may have been mentioned and answered already..Why did the casting dept not stick to obvious details like casting a brown eyed boy to play his childhood part when clearly he has bright blue eyes as an adult. I get that the boy playing him is a good actor but coudn't they have put blue contacts on him. Just my pet peeve but I love this show!!

Old 01-05-2018, 09:11 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,144,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
This may have been mentioned and answered already..Why did the casting dept not stick to obvious details like casting a brown eyed boy to play his childhood part when clearly he has bright blue eyes as an adult. I get that the boy playing him is a good actor but coudn't they have put blue contacts on him. Just my pet peeve but I love this show!!
I never noticed Shaun's younger self has brown eyes!

Old 01-06-2018, 07:49 AM

9,169 posts, read 20,201,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Drives me nuts when younger eyes don't match

Old 01-07-2018, 10:23 AM

2,461 posts, read 1,200,617 times
This show is good!!! I am on the first episode and I am hooked. But it goes to show you that you need social skills in order to get a job/ahead in life. While this man is absolutely brilliant; saved a boy's life, he was considered being passed over because he didn't have social skills. My friends, who are absolutely brilliant, cannot understand why they cannot land a "good job." Social skills play of a more important role in getting a job than knowledge.

Last edited by 49erfan916; 01-07-2018 at 10:35 AM..

Old 01-08-2018, 02:10 PM

3,470 posts, read 657,491 times
Just a reminder to TGD fans, new episodes start tonight!!!

Old 01-08-2018, 02:53 PM

11,612 posts, read 5,457,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Just a reminder to TGD fans, new episodes start tonight!!!
Thanks! I'll be watching on antenna tonight. Realized that I don't know what is on tonight. I normally let Hulu tell me (the next day) what to watch.

I think Lucifer is on break. Boo, hiss. That one I DO know is Monday................

Old 01-08-2018, 08:09 PM

383 posts, read 265,586 times
Quote:
I have a question about this last episode, which I thought was very well done.

I may have missed it, but I understand that the young lady had a biopsy done for possible throat cancer and that (until near the end of the episode) they lost the tissue sample, so it appeared she would have to have the surgery without knowing whether or not it was cancerous...thus making her voiceless. Why couldn't they just do another biopsy?

That episode drove me crazy. I am a speech and language pathologist. They said it was a nodule, which is from vocal abuse, not cancer. Given her profession, a nodule would definitely be possible, but she would have voice therapy and not a laryngectomy! Now if they had said it was a polyp, than maybe it could have been cancerous, but I doubt very seriously they would have gone to, "Well we're not sure since we lost the biopsy, so let's just do a complete laryngectomy just in case." They would have just followed her very closely to see if it came back. She also would have been very hoarse sounding. They completely dropped the ball on their research on that episode.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:18 PM

383 posts, read 265,586 times
Quote:

The problem with this program...which I really like...is that I don't think Shaun is "safe" in an operating room situation. Sometimes, like the situation I described above, we could see kids heading toward a meltdown. Other times, it was right of the blue. One day I was in a sped room and sitting at a table with a couple of kids and we were reading a book together. There were about 10 kids in the room, and it was unusually quiet and peaceful. Suddenly for no apparent reason at all, one 13 year old boy jumped up and before we realized what was happening ran out into the hallway, immediately stripped off all his clothes, ran out the door and into the snowy woods behind the school! We were bewildered because there didn't appear to be a trigger. Upon consulting with the parents, the trigger had occurred 3 hours earlier at home, was boiling under the surface, and suddenly surfaced. And so in this t.v. episode we have Shuan boiling under the surface about the home visits that had been arranged, while participating in a surgery, and who would know when some odd little thing could boil over and have him go into meltdown?

I can see a role for someone like that in medicine. I can't really see a surgical role, however. A surgical analyst, a diagnostician, etc....those could work. Actively involved in surgery? A time bomb waiting to happen.

But I still like the show.
I've thought the same thing. I love that we are opening up doors for those with special needs, but there are some things that just want work for everyone. We all have our limitations. I think he is a ticking time bomb as a surgeon, but he had a great mind. They just need to figure out the best way to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or