Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 08:29 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

This episode was interesting.

On the one hand, it shows an "odd ball" trying to cope with life, and life is never easy or totally controllable even for the most normal of us. People come and go in our lives. We have to cope. Can he? Bad things happen to good people. We have to cope. Can he? The program is about struggle, and it will continue to be about that topic.

On another note, is Chuku Modo being written out of the series? I kinda like him, while I dislike many of the other regular cast members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 08:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
But the entire idea is that Shaun does not react the way another person might to someone going out of his life--
You saw how he ran out of the restaurant--no idea where he went --
Everything she did with Shaun proved he was not a normal person--
She orchestrated everything--
She was as much his puppet master as Glassman--she just acted like she was giving Shaun "freedom" but it wasn't his choices ---
She forced him to listen to music--and the song was HER choice--not Shaun's
She pushed him to get behind the wheel--
He knew his limitations and he was proven right in the end...
She urged him to kiss her until the tequila hit...
She was being unrealistic to act like the rock was out of place on the side of the road---trying to downplay Shaun's natural sense of guilt at almost wrecking the car--a car she supposedly loved...
He was her science experiment...

Old 01-10-2018, 12:33 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
But the entire idea is that Shaun does not react the way another person might to someone going out of his life--
She was as much his puppet master as Glassman--she just acted like she was giving Shaun "freedom" but it wasn't his choices ---
She was being unrealistic to act like the rock was out of place on the side of the road---trying to downplay Shaun's natural sense of guilt at almost wrecking the car--a car she supposedly loved...
there was something I missed. Remember when they got out of the car and he insisted he hit something? She later walked back to the car and said, Shaun, you did hit something. What did he hit?

And does she know he is autistic? I kept wondering why she was so insensitive to his needs? Wow, she really upset me....and your right, she called all the shots, never thinking about him and what he wanted.

He was really hurt.....

Old 01-10-2018, 12:42 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
there was something I missed. Remember when they got out of the car and he insisted he hit something? She later walked back to the car and said, Shaun, you did hit something. What did he hit?

And does she know he is autistic? I kept wondering why she was so insensitive to his needs? Wow, she really upset me....and your right, she called all the shots, never thinking about him and what he wanted.

He was really hurt.....
I couldn't tell what he hit, either. I thought I saw feathers. Then my thought was he hit a bald eagle. It didn't look like a rock to me.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:45 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,980 times
This show would be great if they got their act together. Production does not seem to know which direction to take it as well as the characters who to me are some what boring.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:01 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
She was cramming in a ton of life experiences he hasn't had into one day/night! Driving a car, getting drunk. How to act on a date. First kiss. Yeah, she was odd and pushy for them being close for the first time. I just accept that this show isn't very good, and enjoy it or not for what it is. /shrug

Old 01-10-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

He was really hurt.....
A large rock. She said it wasn't his fault, the rock shouldn't have been there. Something about a 'buffer'. Where he veered is supposed to be a buffer for drivers that need to veer.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:22 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,605,322 times
I don't understand how a doctor gets to just take off with no notice, apparently for several days, from his work. Will Good Doctor Shaun still have a job if/when he returns to the hospital?

Old 01-10-2018, 01:30 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I don't understand how a doctor gets to just take off with no notice, apparently for several days, from his work. Will Good Doctor Shaun still have a job if/when he returns to the hospital?
You must have missed it. Hill Harper's character was questioning Richard Schiff's character about it in a rather threatening manner.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I find it odd having answers instead of questions lol. I guess watching on antenna made me pay attention. The man that looks out for him covered for him. Citing family emergency. The Dr whose team he is on or whatever said he should have spoken to him, and the other guy said he guessed Shaun thought it was sufficient to tell him. He made it seem like an innocent error, and they had other things to put their minds on.

Previews for next week show Shaun wanting to follow that women. Discussing can he get a job in another hospital? It says Shaun will be chasing love.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV