U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-09-2018, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
18,885 posts, read 8,867,123 times
Reputation: 18290

Advertisements

This episode was interesting.

On the one hand, it shows an "odd ball" trying to cope with life, and life is never easy or totally controllable even for the most normal of us. People come and go in our lives. We have to cope. Can he? Bad things happen to good people. We have to cope. Can he? The program is about struggle, and it will continue to be about that topic.

On another note, is Chuku Modo being written out of the series? I kinda like him, while I dislike many of the other regular cast members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2018, 08:32 PM
 
27,447 posts, read 44,947,050 times
Reputation: 14041
But the entire idea is that Shaun does not react the way another person might to someone going out of his life--
You saw how he ran out of the restaurant--no idea where he went --
Everything she did with Shaun proved he was not a normal person--
She orchestrated everything--
She was as much his puppet master as Glassman--she just acted like she was giving Shaun "freedom" but it wasn't his choices ---
She forced him to listen to music--and the song was HER choice--not Shaun's
She pushed him to get behind the wheel--
He knew his limitations and he was proven right in the end...
She urged him to kiss her until the tequila hit...
She was being unrealistic to act like the rock was out of place on the side of the road---trying to downplay Shaun's natural sense of guilt at almost wrecking the car--a car she supposedly loved...
He was her science experiment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 12:33 PM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
But the entire idea is that Shaun does not react the way another person might to someone going out of his life--
You saw how he ran out of the restaurant--no idea where he went --
Everything she did with Shaun proved he was not a normal person--
She orchestrated everything--
She was as much his puppet master as Glassman--she just acted like she was giving Shaun "freedom" but it wasn't his choices ---
She forced him to listen to music--and the song was HER choice--not Shaun's
She pushed him to get behind the wheel--
He knew his limitations and he was proven right in the end...
She urged him to kiss her until the tequila hit...
She was being unrealistic to act like the rock was out of place on the side of the road---trying to downplay Shaun's natural sense of guilt at almost wrecking the car--a car she supposedly loved...
He was her science experiment...
there was something I missed. Remember when they got out of the car and he insisted he hit something? She later walked back to the car and said, Shaun, you did hit something. What did he hit?

And does she know he is autistic? I kept wondering why she was so insensitive to his needs? Wow, she really upset me....and your right, she called all the shots, never thinking about him and what he wanted.

He was really hurt.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 12:42 PM
 
4,508 posts, read 1,898,701 times
Reputation: 9446
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
there was something I missed. Remember when they got out of the car and he insisted he hit something? She later walked back to the car and said, Shaun, you did hit something. What did he hit?

And does she know he is autistic? I kept wondering why she was so insensitive to his needs? Wow, she really upset me....and your right, she called all the shots, never thinking about him and what he wanted.

He was really hurt.....
I couldn't tell what he hit, either. I thought I saw feathers. Then my thought was he hit a bald eagle. It didn't look like a rock to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 12:45 PM
 
1,801 posts, read 3,394,644 times
Reputation: 1453
This show would be great if they got their act together. Production does not seem to know which direction to take it as well as the characters who to me are some what boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 01:01 PM
 
11,612 posts, read 5,457,812 times
Reputation: 10981
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
But the entire idea is that Shaun does not react the way another person might to someone going out of his life--
You saw how he ran out of the restaurant--no idea where he went --
Everything she did with Shaun proved he was not a normal person--
She orchestrated everything--
She was as much his puppet master as Glassman--she just acted like she was giving Shaun "freedom" but it wasn't his choices ---
She forced him to listen to music--and the song was HER choice--not Shaun's
She pushed him to get behind the wheel--
He knew his limitations and he was proven right in the end...
She urged him to kiss her until the tequila hit...
She was being unrealistic to act like the rock was out of place on the side of the road---trying to downplay Shaun's natural sense of guilt at almost wrecking the car--a car she supposedly loved...
He was her science experiment...
She was cramming in a ton of life experiences he hasn't had into one day/night! Driving a car, getting drunk. How to act on a date. First kiss. Yeah, she was odd and pushy for them being close for the first time. I just accept that this show isn't very good, and enjoy it or not for what it is. /shrug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 01:02 PM
 
11,612 posts, read 5,457,812 times
Reputation: 10981
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
there was something I missed. Remember when they got out of the car and he insisted he hit something? She later walked back to the car and said, Shaun, you did hit something. What did he hit?

And does she know he is autistic? I kept wondering why she was so insensitive to his needs? Wow, she really upset me....and your right, she called all the shots, never thinking about him and what he wanted.

He was really hurt.....
A large rock. She said it wasn't his fault, the rock shouldn't have been there. Something about a 'buffer'. Where he veered is supposed to be a buffer for drivers that need to veer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Northeastern U.S.
1,359 posts, read 779,699 times
Reputation: 2644
I don't understand how a doctor gets to just take off with no notice, apparently for several days, from his work. Will Good Doctor Shaun still have a job if/when he returns to the hospital?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
18,885 posts, read 8,867,123 times
Reputation: 18290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I don't understand how a doctor gets to just take off with no notice, apparently for several days, from his work. Will Good Doctor Shaun still have a job if/when he returns to the hospital?
You must have missed it. Hill Harper's character was questioning Richard Schiff's character about it in a rather threatening manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 02:10 PM
 
11,612 posts, read 5,457,812 times
Reputation: 10981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I don't understand how a doctor gets to just take off with no notice, apparently for several days, from his work. Will Good Doctor Shaun still have a job if/when he returns to the hospital?
I find it odd having answers instead of questions lol. I guess watching on antenna made me pay attention. The man that looks out for him covered for him. Citing family emergency. The Dr whose team he is on or whatever said he should have spoken to him, and the other guy said he guessed Shaun thought it was sufficient to tell him. He made it seem like an innocent error, and they had other things to put their minds on.

Previews for next week show Shaun wanting to follow that women. Discussing can he get a job in another hospital? It says Shaun will be chasing love.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top