U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2018, 09:53 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,739,300 times

Advertisements

I started watching this show because of Richard Schiff and Freddie Highmore.
The beginning was pretty good.
But it seems like now each week I end the show frustrated about it's sloppiness.
Very sloppy scene set ups. Fractured dialogs and looping story lines.

At this point it seems a failure by standards I am used to.

Is this an example of Melineal TV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 08:38 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,395,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I started watching this show because of Richard Schiff and Freddie Highmore.
The beginning was pretty good.
But it seems like now each week I end the show frustrated about it's sloppiness.
Very sloppy scene set ups. Fractured dialogs and looping story lines.

At this point it seems a failure by standards I am used to.

Is this an example of Melineal TV?

DEFINITELY the scripts are no where as good as St Elsewhere (long ago) or Grey's Anatomy. I get the drama for ratings but the scripts on this show seem empty and drawn out. The above mentioned shows seemed to do well with lots of story lines within the show to keep you invested where this is a one line maybe two plot show. Freddie Highmore must be throwing fits. He probably knows this to be true!

Old 01-17-2018, 08:51 AM

8,836 posts, read 8,173,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
DEFINITELY the scripts are no where as good as St Elsewhere (long ago) or Grey's Anatomy. I get the drama for ratings but the scripts on this show seem empty and drawn out. The above mentioned shows seemed to do well with lots of story lines within the show to keep you invested where this is a one line maybe two plot show. Freddie Highmore must be throwing fits. He probably knows this to be true!
Don't the storylines in each episode come directly from the original Korean show?

Old 01-17-2018, 08:51 AM

13,107 posts, read 17,646,574 times
I almost hate watching network tv anymore because you can no longer keep up with the episodes because of a . they prempt the show or b. show reruns and again you are lost . I do however think network tv is on its way out . I think streaming will be the way to go in the near future . Yes this show has gotten sloppy and dumb .

Old 01-17-2018, 10:35 AM

18,895 posts, read 8,873,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Highmore is one of the producers. If he feels the way some of us do, why doesn't he fix it?

Old 01-19-2018, 10:53 AM

3,470 posts, read 659,186 times
I think the show may be getting back on track next week from seeing the preview. It looks like Shaun is in trouble with Dr. Melendez....again

This show has baffled me so far! Some episodes are brilliant while others are lacking something. I’m assuming this has to do with using too many writers?

Old 01-19-2018, 07:47 PM

14,298 posts, read 20,550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I think the show may be getting back on track next week from seeing the preview. It looks like Shaun is in trouble with Dr. Melendez....again

This show has baffled me so far! Some episodes are brilliant while others are lacking something. Iím assuming this has to do with using too many writers?
You described exactly my thoughts!

Old 01-19-2018, 08:01 PM

6,316 posts, read 7,994,152 times
Shaun on a roadtrip ... no, just no. I literally fast forwarded through all those scenes.

Beau Garrett (Melendez's hospital attorney girlfriend) was on the same show as Necar Zadegan (they both were on Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce), so that's kind of cool seeing them together again.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:04 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,900,995 times
No hospital (or job) in real life would put up with Shaun. He's a train wreck. He might be smart in his own way, but staff doesn't have time to put up with his antics.

The show has jumped the shark. It kinda reminds me of that show several years ago that started off with that kid coming back to life in a rice paddy somewhere. It was very good for awhile, better than anticipated, then it fell straight into the sewer, with different writers all over the place. This has that same sinking feel.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:36 AM

6,316 posts, read 7,994,152 times
Agreed. His value is his savant-ness, the ability to retain everything he's learned plus make connections at a macro and micro level to determine new approaches. He's a sort of human Watson supercomputer in his field. But having him be an attending or even being a surgeon is ridiculous since his greatest skill and value-add are his ideas based on medical case information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or