U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 10:17 PM

18,888 posts, read 8,873,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
It was not a glitch. This is a terrible show. You either enjoy it for what it is or you don't. I lol'd at the 'You're a terrorist!' and the spectacularly stupid way they show him learning things. One epi was all about flirting. This one was all about lying.
Not so sure I agree. At my school I often found autistic/Asberger kids to blurt out whatever comes to their minds. They are often lacking a gate that filters out what is or is not appropriate to say or do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 10:57 PM

11,623 posts, read 5,465,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not so sure I agree. At my school I often found autistic/Asberger kids to blurt out whatever comes to their minds. They are often lacking a gate that filters out what is or is not appropriate to say or do.
I understand that. The show is just poorly done. I watch anyway because it's a 'feel good'

Old 01-25-2018, 06:57 AM

25,455 posts, read 23,279,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So true, you gotta love em.....

I was having a Holiday dinner at my home. My cousin's autistic grand-son came along....after we ate, before dessert he says, "I want to get outa here, lets go!" LOL the only way they can be described is like Sheldon, on the Big Bang Theory. They do not have the capability to filter. At my age, I don't any longer either. LOL

Old 01-25-2018, 12:50 PM

3,470 posts, read 659,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
So true, you gotta love em.....

I was having a Holiday dinner at my home. My cousin's autistic grand-son came along....after we ate, before dessert he says, "I want to get outa here, lets go!" LOL the only way they can be described is like Sheldon, on the Big Bang Theory. They do not have the capability to filter. At my age, I don't any longer either. LOL
LOL...

My nephew, who has autism doesnít speak much, but does have meltdowns/tantrums, and screams a lot. (We love him anyway ) His brothers, who are triplets, donít have autism thankfully. Can you imagine a household with four autistic kids!

Iím still enjoying the show btw, and like the scenes with Shaun and Melendez the most.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:34 PM

11,623 posts, read 5,465,637 times
The woman was having a heart attack and he was saying increased heart rate is a sign of lying. As are chest pains. That goes way beyond what would be acceptable in a HOSPITAL from a DOCTOR.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:28 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,739,300 times
Realizing it is just TV, it appears that he should not be allowed to make important decisions without supervision.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
LOL...

My nephew, who has autism doesnít speak much, but does have meltdowns/tantrums, and screams a lot. (We love him anyway ) His brothers, who are triplets, donít have autism thankfully. Can you imagine a household with four autistic kids!

Iím still enjoying the show btw, and like the scenes with Shaun and Melendez the most.
yes, Shaun really makes him stop and think doesn't he.
Love the blank stares on Melendez's face....when Shaun calls him up on things

this past week was very heartwarming, when Shaun told his old doctor friend that he wanted to be friends.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
The woman was having a heart attack and he was saying increased heart rate is a sign of lying. As are chest pains. That goes way beyond what would be acceptable in a HOSPITAL from a DOCTOR.
yes, it does jencam, but if I may say this one more time....I don't believe this show is for realists...and that is where some get caught up...I'm certain they do if that is their specific career, however, it's a TV show, which is not realistic....

I watch it for so many other reasons and I'm not interested in realism...if it takes me away for an hour, that's what I care about, but, it surely isn't for everyone...

When we were kids and we were watching a show on TV, my brother used to always call out the fantasy in shows, very loud, interrupting and spoiling the show for us, of course at the time, we were younger than him and we didn't care...we just wanted to watch it...and enjoy it. LOL

So, I'm not being harsh, my example was that my brother wanted a realistic adventure, we didn't care....

it kind of tickles me the way he speaks out in front of the patients...but I know it certainly wouldn't happen in real life....

Old 01-26-2018, 09:09 AM

yanno what jencam, I'm going to add something to this

This show also reminds me of the aloof doctor who thinks he's God, and the way doctors should be....up front, honest, and to come down off they're high horse....

Not all doctors are like that, but a lot of them have surly got to come back to earth.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:04 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,395,345 times
Working as an RN I would say there are 1 out of 100 docs I have worked with over 20 years that has had a bad attitude and it goes across the board with patients and nurses. One thing I learned though is some of the best doctors have the least personality. (IMO) Reminds me of a few of us nurses talking about how much patients loved this one doc because he was so chill with them....he had one of the highest complication rates EVER but his patients loved him even if they had one of the complications.. Dr Dull who never chatted much with the nurses and was all business with his patients and ran us nurses around to insure HIS patients got good care IMO was the one who did the job and was thorough. Life wasn't a popularity contest and sometimes he was offensive in the fact he never sugar coated anything with patients OR nurses somewhat like Shawn but not that extreme. I will take the serious blunt dr over the life of the party one if I need a doc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or