U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2017, 02:15 PM

12,657 posts, read 10,746,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Deleted both of my posts by accident!

Anywho....Freddie played NORMAN BATES. Anthony Perkins was the original actor in PSYCHO.
I know, it was sort of a joke.
A scene:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2188671/
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 02:20 PM

21,438 posts, read 18,155,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I know, it was sort of a joke.
A scene:

Bates Motel (TV Series 2013
Oh.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:32 PM

6,846 posts, read 12,399,596 times
I was disappointed. I really like Freddie and thought he was great in Bates Motel. I really wanted to like this show but I guess I was wanting something a little more gritty like ER. But this show was a bit too sterile and everything seemed forced. I thought the parents reaction to their child nearly dying to be wooden. Watching ER used to bring out so many strong emotions in me from wanting to cry to having a huge smile on my face. This show felt like a chore to watch.

I love Freddie and will keep watching for him but the next episode really needs to grab me if I'm going to keep watching.

But I am glad to hear many of you did like it. Freddie is an incredible actor and I hope this show gets big ratings so it can continue.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:43 PM

163 posts, read 49,077 times
I don't think he's very popular in the UK , well I mean not as well known as in the U.S. Seems like a nice kid , but his eyes are a bit Erie

Old 09-26-2017, 09:53 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,740,194 times
It was better then we expected. Will stick with it for a while.

Old 09-27-2017, 03:39 AM

1,360 posts, read 781,189 times
The show definitely seems a bit cliched; but I will try a few more episodes. The young man is very good as the autistic savant "Dr. Murphy". I hope that every episode does not feature Dr. Murphy being pushed aside by impatient normal doctor/medical bureaucracy only to be proven right and saving patients' lives despite the ignorance of others...

Old 09-27-2017, 06:46 AM

27,490 posts, read 44,973,761 times
Oh---I think that will have to be the way of things until Sean saves someone the head surgeon loves---otherwise he is just the suction man, and that sucks...

Old 09-27-2017, 09:34 AM

25,456 posts, read 23,285,366 times
Read an awful review on "The Good Doctor" this morning after watching it last evening.
Here's my take....

Can’t express in words how much I dislike smug critics, who “think” they have a handle on reviewing shows. For all intensive purposes, please keep in mind, your reading “one” person’s opinion, nothing more, nothing less, and I couldn’t disagree more with this one….that being said….

Freddie Highmore is the reason I set this one up on my DVR. He was awesome as August Rush! He possesses some uncanny ability to capture a clandestine godliness that brings the viewer to a higher plain, so to speak, with much yet to come, as he did in this new series and lived up to my expectations!

This show, for me, becomes a learning experience, even though fantasy, I strongly believe we as a society have just touched base on understanding autism and savant syndrome, which is so totally different, in each and every individual.

However, due to society’s need for perfection, believe that gifted children have more potential than we have ever given them credit for.

Folks, let’s remember, Dr. Shaun Murphy is still unfamiliar to his viewers, and believe the writers have so much more in store. I think the writing of this gift, can almost go anywhere, and I love the idea of pairing, Einstein’s capabilities, to the Good Doctor.

I’m hooked and can't wait to see where we go from here.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:00 AM

25,456 posts, read 23,285,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
The show definitely seems a bit cliched; but I will try a few more episodes. The young man is very good as the autistic savant "Dr. Murphy". I hope that every episode does not feature Dr. Murphy being pushed aside by impatient normal doctor/medical bureaucracy only to be proven right and saving patients' lives despite the ignorance of others...
actually I believe we can all put ourselves into the head doctors character at one time or another.
society teaches us, if your different, your weird, and to be ignored, and if that were not true, bullies would not be so numerous in schools and on the sports fields...not to mention, how utterly nasty people are on line to each other....I think that is what they're trying to get across to the viewer, that just b/c someone is a tad different, doesn't mean they are incapable, or beneath us as human beings.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:03 PM

27,490 posts, read 44,973,761 times
I just think the show went out of its way to provide a very illogical first episode
The idea that the president of a hospital is hiring a surgical resident w/o any input from any other board/personnel oversight is wrong
The premise of that resident being at the airport at the scene of a very unusual accident again--totally improbable
That there is NO EMT team on call at the airport
That apparently NONE of the police in the terminal had an inkling what was happening
That someone who is so young was allowed to buy alcohol in a duty free shop???
The list goes on...
And the speech he gives--that he wants to save people like his brother and his bunny so they can have kids and wants to make lot of money to buy a television--give me a break--
If the scripts don't get better, I don't care what the premise or the acting ability might be--
I won't hang around...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or