U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 12:33 PM

11,611 posts, read 5,449,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Glassman said "it's a journey I have to take alone." That was Shaun's answer to him. Get it?
Awe. OK, yes I do now thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 12:54 PM

18,883 posts, read 8,860,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am wondering, if Sheldon's Character, on the Big Bang Theory is mildly autistic?
Mildly????

Old 09-27-2018, 02:12 PM

1,236 posts, read 611,366 times
This show is so emotional and intelligent. I dislike the blonde, she is very cruel, but I know every show needs someone like that. I would like it better if she was not in it. I don't feel she is a complex character, she is just unkind.

"Do you fear death?"

Glassman: "There are worse things." OMG, that is so true.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
This show is so emotional and intelligent. I dislike the blonde, she is very cruel, but I know every show needs someone like that. I would like it better if she was not in it. I don't feel she is a complex character, she is just unkind.

"Do you fear death?"

Glassman: "There are worse things." OMG, that is so true.
It is indeed.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:43 AM

9,164 posts, read 20,195,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My friend is on a Good Doctor forum. She told me earlier this morning that a person who seems to have something to do with the show said "things are not what they seem" in connection to Jared leaving. I hope that means what it sounds like!

Freddie Highmore did a wonderful job writing, directing and producing the episode. He's such a top-notch actor.

So looking forward to the rest of the season.
Well he wasn't killed off which means he could return
He's working. He filmed a role in Captain Marvel and completed filming another film called Freedom’s Name Is Mighty Sweet, where he plays the lead character Charles Hunter, who along with his wife Lucille took part in the Klondike gold rush.

Why is Chuku Modu leaving The Good Doctor?
Quote:
Even though he appeared on last night’s premiere episode of Season 2, his exit was pretty much inevitable because of his character’s behavior during the show’s first season.

Modu played surgical resident Dr. Jared Kalu, who had a troublesome storyline. Not only did he punch a doctor who had sexually harassed his girlfriend, Claire Browne played by Antonia Thomas, but he was also fired and blackmailed his way back to get reinstated.

It’s possible his exit had been a long-term plan by the writers, as he broke up with Claire and got a job in Colorado, leaving the San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital behind.

It’s possible that Chuku Modu knew for a while that his character would be leaving the show after the first season, as he has had several other screen roles in the works.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:56 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Mildly????
yes, mildly, he can function, although he has other symptoms....Sheldon is brilliant...or I should say the character.... definitely obsessive-compulsive tendencies

but I believe he is also mildly autistic...? Narcissism, social dysfunctions, but his character was molded after John Nash....

could be wrong? Who knows.....

Old 09-30-2018, 08:42 AM

1,236 posts, read 611,366 times
I am not thrilled that his low-rent "girlfriend" is returning. She adds a juvenile aspect to the show and it is too intelligent a show for that. If he is going to have a girlfriend, I feel it should be someone with an equal level of complexity.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I am not thrilled that his low-rent "girlfriend" is returning. She adds a juvenile aspect to the show and it is too intelligent a show for that. If he is going to have a girlfriend, I feel it should be someone with an equal level of complexity.
Why do you call her 'low rent'?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:19 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,139,040 times
Quote:
Correct.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:07 AM

8,833 posts, read 8,167,425 times
Excellent episode last night. Dr. Lin's storyline was excellent medical melodrama, but I'm not sure whether Shaun was telling Lea the truth. I guess that's an ongoing character development thread we'll go back to over the weeks to come. I like long-term storytelling, and it's something I seldom get to experience on shows I like a lot.

It's a strange feeling for me, having my favorite show be one of the most watched shows in the country. Usually, the shows I like don't even make it to the end of the first season. The last time a favorite show lasted longer than one season was Homicide: Life on the Street, and that ended almost 20 years ago. I hope the suits at ABC don't mess with The Good Doctor the way the NBC suits messed Homicide up around season 4 or 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or