U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 07:40 AM

21,439 posts, read 18,155,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post

It's a strange feeling for me, having my favorite show be one of the most watched shows in the country. Usually, the shows I like don't even make it to the end of the first season. The last time a favorite show lasted longer than one season was Homicide: Life on the Street, and that ended almost 20 years ago.
I was SO thrilled the other day when I saw "Homicide:Life on the Street" on my channel program! I am always looking for that show on line to watch. I only saw 3 or 4 seasons when it was on. I immediately clicked on it.....:......Spanish!!! Me no comprendè(?). I was so disappointed.

I really liked last night's Good Doctor. Of course NO administrator would sign off on a case like that poor young lady's mutilation. OMG...can you imagine that is CUSTOM??? I noticed they did not mention it is custom in the Arab world too. I liked when the girl touched her cheek and smiled. Her parents will never know.

Too bad Paul died but it was nice of Shaun to lie.

Shaun is not going to forgive Lea too quickly. I read she is going to have to grovel for a while. Good, I don't like her.

Who was the female neurosurgeon that is going to operate on Glassman? I didn't recognize the eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 08:26 PM

27,505 posts, read 44,973,761 times
What about CC would that put Homicide in English?
I can't believe it was on
I have the box set but there are all kinds of glitches when I try to play it on a newer DVD player
Have to use a portable DVD player that is more than 10 yrs old...

Old 10-02-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was SO thrilled the other day when I saw "Homicide:Life on the Street" on my channel program! I am always looking for that show on line to watch. I only saw 3 or 4 seasons when it was on. I immediately clicked on it.....:......Spanish!!! Me no comprendè(?). I was so disappointed.

I really liked last night's Good Doctor. Of course NO administrator would sign off on a case like that poor young lady's mutilation. OMG...can you imagine that is CUSTOM??? I noticed they did not mention it is custom in the Arab world too. I liked when the girl touched her cheek and smiled. Her parents will never know.

Too bad Paul died but it was nice of Shaun to lie.

Shaun is not going to forgive Lea too quickly. I read she is going to have to grovel for a while. Good, I don't like her.

Who was the female neurosurgeon that is going to operate on Glassman? I didn't recognize the eyes.
Do you telegraph every episode this way???

Old 10-02-2018, 08:38 PM

Spoiler
Interesting that The Residet and The Good Doctor both had someone with pancreatic cancer and the Whipple procedure was part of both shows

Old 10-02-2018, 08:56 PM

Spoiler
OK

Watching this and there is NO way that a social worker get to make a medical decision like that w/o a judge getting into the mix--
That is just so bogus...
It makes me want to turn of the tv

Old 10-02-2018, 11:49 PM

11,625 posts, read 5,472,061 times
'I've been learning how to lie. I like it.'. LOL!

Old 10-03-2018, 12:24 AM

1,458 posts, read 944,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Excellent episode last night. Dr. Lin's storyline was excellent medical melodrama, but I'm not sure whether Shaun was telling Lea the truth. I guess that's an ongoing character development thread we'll go back to over the weeks to come. I like long-term storytelling, and it's something I seldom get to experience on shows I like a lot.

It's a strange feeling for me, having my favorite show be one of the most watched shows in the country. Usually, the shows I like don't even make it to the end of the first season. The last time a favorite show lasted longer than one season was Homicide: Life on the Street, and that ended almost 20 years ago. I hope the suits at ABC don't mess with The Good Doctor the way the NBC suits messed Homicide up around season 4 or 5.

NBC also ruined Law & Order: SVU as of the recent two-part premier of Season 20 with a subliminal far-left agenda. As of now I can no longer watch a show I've enjoyed since I was in my mid-teens and that's a shame.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:39 AM

11,625 posts, read 5,472,061 times
I liked how the genital mutilation case worked out. The girl's smile when she realized the Dr. had grafted her cheek.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:28 AM

25,456 posts, read 23,285,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I liked how the genital mutilation case worked out. The girl's smile when she realized the Dr. had grafted her cheek.
I did to, but wondered what doctor would actually do that? Awesome though....

Funny how several doctors shows are playing out how doctors should worry more about patients and saving lives regardless of the risks...but then realized back when insurances for doctors were so high, some had to relocate to other areas due to it.

Also liked how they showed Shawn's feelings and the tears...he is such a great actor....

Isn't it amazing how he contemplates and thinks on what people say, as he's processing it and trying to learn.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:30 AM

25,456 posts, read 23,285,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Spoiler
OK

Watching this and there is NO way that a social worker get to make a medical decision like that w/o a judge getting into the mix--
That is just so bogus...
It makes me want to turn of the tv
yeah it is, but there is so much more.....

Went to dinner with my sister Sat. night, and asked her if she was watching the show....and commented on how good it was....
she replied that she tried watching 2 or 3 shows, and couldn't watch it anymore...and I replied, "That's write your a realist." And that isn't a put down, simply put, then don't waste your time, b/c it's never going to meet with your approval.

just saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or