U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 11:24 PM

29,342 posts, read 46,294,998 times

Advertisements

Shaun should be analyzing what is wrong with my daughter in law who is having all kinds of gastric/internal problems that can’t be resolved...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 02:23 PM

3,803 posts, read 792,125 times
I think that next weeks show is the season finale and it looks really intense! I donít like how Shaun is being treated by Dr. Han, could it be jealousy? Why canít he see that Shaun belongs in surgery?

Old 03-05-2019, 08:37 PM

Is there a show next week?
This one ended w/good cliffhanger for S3

Old 03-05-2019, 08:43 PM

11,974 posts, read 7,116,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Is there a show next week?
This one ended w/good cliffhanger for S3
March 11 is the season finale.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:56 PM

Dr Han I think must have something in his background that makes him so anti-Shaun
We have seen Shaun make diagnosis in the past weeks that have saved lives and kept families together—
Han didn’t do jack—-
I question whether he is more afraid of Shaun as a surgeon who could beat Han and grow a better reputation
Or if it is really about Shaun’s ASD

And Claire is the only one who really is invested in Shaun — the others are too selfish...

Old 03-06-2019, 09:32 PM

I wonder how
Spoiler
broken toy scalpel
is going to be worked around because it seems to indicate
Spoiler
Shaun is out of surgery for good

Old 03-06-2019, 09:36 PM

7,911 posts, read 13,177,827 times
I just watched the a youtube called

Freddie Highmore Teaches You British Slang.

It helped me to see "Shaun" happy & doing fine
He is such a cutie..

Old 03-07-2019, 05:13 AM

12,953 posts, read 6,163,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Dr Han I think must have something in his background that makes him so anti-Shaun
We have seen Shaun make diagnosis in the past weeks that have saved lives and kept families togetheró
Han didnít do jackó-
I question whether he is more afraid of Shaun as a surgeon who could beat Han and grow a better reputation
Or if it is really about Shaunís ASD

And Claire is the only one who really is invested in Shaun ó the others are too selfish...
If you will recall, no one but Dr. Glassman wanted Shaun to be a surgeon, so it would make no sense if a new Chief was on board from the get with him and his issues. I didn't see the whole epi yet, but I saw him melt down in front of him, that didn't help his case.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
If you will recall, no one but Dr. Glassman wanted Shaun to be a surgeon, so it would make no sense if a new Chief was on board from the get with him and his issues. I didn't see the whole epi yet, but I saw him melt down in front of him, that didn't help his case.
I agree—the emotional factor to Han just confirmed his decision—he really tried to offer Shaun a choice
But because of the ASD Shaun’s concept of identity is baked into being a surgeon
Han doesn’t make any attempt to understand why Shaun is so adamant about being a surgeon—
He really can be even more inflexible as Glassman or Melendez—

I really don’t understand WHY that is so important to Shaun—
I don’t remember how it came about when he was a boy from the flashbacks
But I imagine for Shaun telling him he can’t be a surgeon is akin to telling any of them they lose a distinct identity factor—like tell Claire she can’t identify as female or black...
Tell any of them THEY can’t be a surgeon and see what blowback happens...
There have been epsisodes when that has almost happened—
Remember early shows when several of them were threatened with losing their spots in residency?
They all believe they were meant to be surgeons—none of them would be happy to be told they had to be pathologists...

And frankly residents sign contracts—
There is a legal agreement involving the hospital board/admin and the resident as to salary and work hours and performance reviews

I think having Han arbitrarily assign Shaun to Pathology is a violation of his contract
There have been hearings before the board to hire Shaun and for other reasons—like the harassment chargers in S1 that Claire was part of—
Doesn’t anyone else think that Han has stepped outside of HIS authority as head of surgery to do what he did to Shaun???
No hearing—no warning—
That is a story/plot device that is really designed to heighten confrontation and emotional trauma in short time
Shaun should have gotten an attorney
The only reason this dramatic effect was made plausible was the oversight investigation the three doctors were involved in because of the viral infection show...
Shaun’s meltdown became a threat to the hospital/liability lawsuit/loss of accreditation
That was huge reason behind hiring Han in first place....

Old 03-07-2019, 08:38 AM

22,289 posts, read 18,794,811 times
Dr. Han blackmailed the review board into saving everybody's jobs but that was so wrong, imo. Showed me his morals, or lack of, actually.

It really hit me when Shaun broke his scalpel.

I can picture someone going postal in a situation like that.

Dr. Phil had a real doctor on his show telling how his hospital really DOES have an autistic resident on staff. We would be surprised at how many are out there in the system. When the noise gets to be too much, the resident has earphones that can be put in and he hears only the attending's voice. They work around his condition because he is, like our TV doctor, brilliant in his field.

I heard Dr. Han won't be around much longer. I guess Daniel Dae Kim is a producer along with Freddy for the show.

I see Morgan, the blonde resident, has gone back to her old nasty self.
Spoiler

I saw Dr. Neil in the trailer for next season! He's coming back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or