Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:22 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Doogie Howser again. Yawn.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't agree that the two shows are alike at all. Doogie Howser was more of a comedy series, the Good Doctor is not. If anything, it's more comparable to House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 10:23 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I thought Monday Night Football was broadcast on ESPN (which, like ABC, is owned by Disney). Was something more important on ESPN where you are, causing ABC to air MNF?
We are in DFW==maybe why
But I wanted to recorded the show and fastforward through commercials
I looked for it on my UVerse and E1 was not listed--at all
Just E2 next week
Maybe will be On Demand later this week but screw that...

Old 09-26-2017, 10:29 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,392 times
Liked Freddie Highmore as young Dr. Shaun Murphy with issues.
The Show I did not but then I don't really care for medical shows. I find it difficult to identify the characters when they're covering their faces with surgical masks.
I may watch one more episode to give it a go.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:42 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,888,864 times
I liked it. I'll continue to watch. I wish the story of his brother hadn't ended the way it did, but I'm glad to get most of the exposition out of the way. It isn't anything like Doogie Howser, M.D. It's more the opposite of Doogie Howser, M.D.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
What a show! 2 's.
So full of pathos and heart along with typical egoic prejudices, ick...
I teared up with Dr. Shaun's purity, innocence and past tragedy.
Loved his final interview speech...you don't get much more simple honesty and heart than this!
His 2 champions, I love!

Freddie is, of course, a Brit, played Anthony Perkins in Bates Motel (never see frightening movies, myself) and is 25.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
It was an okay show I will give it a few more gos before I say no to it ...I think it is sad that his mother did not protect him and it was left up to his brother . If a man kills a pet like that , it is a real clear indication that he is capable of much worse violence . His mother was sorry to say the least . Any woman that would stay with a man like that needs her head examined . I'm glad he made something of his self and left the so called two idiots that were supposed to protect him . It was sad that his brother had to leave him so young .

Old 09-26-2017, 11:08 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
It was sad that his brother had to leave him so young .
My gosh! His younger brother! A saint!
In real life he woulda gone straight to some heavenly place when he died, boy!
This show has so much goodness in it. SO much better than yet another CSI show with more
chalk drawings on sidewalks with wet blood.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:41 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,888,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
My gosh! His younger brother! A saint!
In real life he woulda gone straight to some heavenly place when he died, boy!
I so wish they'd kept the brother, Steve. It doesn't even look as if there'll be many flashbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This show has so much goodness in it. SO much better than yet another CSI show with more chalk drawings on sidewalks with wet blood.
Or, since it's an ABC show, we can be grateful it isn't a Shondaland production.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:41 PM

841 posts, read 552,824 times
I REALLY enjoyed this first episode. It was like many different shows that I like combined all into one. I'm very interested in seeing which direction they take it. From the previews for the rest of the season, I think I'll continue to like it. And yes, I did tear up, too, when he was talking about the bunny and his brother.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
Deleted both of my posts by accident!

Anywho....Freddie played NORMAN BATES. Anthony Perkins was the original actor in PSYCHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV