Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 05:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I understand why some viewers may have a problem with certain details of the first episode, but if EMT and airport police were immediately at the scene and rushed the boy to the hospital, there wouldn't be a story to tell. That's why this is a television program, and not a real life situation.
LOL! Good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 04:46 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Hapa1-"there wouldn't be a story to tell"

Exactly what I was thinking but didn't type in my first post Like Ghost Whisperer and Medium were so real, lol.

I agree and that is why I watched it and enjoyed the first one. I may have had to suspend my disbelief a few times but that is why it is fiction. I would still rather watch that then some reality with all the phony crap, lol. I abhor silly drama.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:06 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Yes and I loved that movie. Makes me cry every time I watch the last 15 minutes, lol.
me to, have watched it numerous times.....and cried right along side you. It's is one of those feel good ending movies, with a tad of mystery, hope and intellect, showing a charismatic charmer with the prettiest blue eyes, who practically invents music...brings his whole family together. yes, fantasy, which is what we need more of and he was right, "the music is all around us, all we have to do is listen"

Granted this show isn't real...and is definitely "NOT" for realists....especially those in the profession....keeping in mind, this is simply put, A TV show, which I believe, (and may be wrong) is sending a message of hope for those families who have been stricken with Autism. (who cares if it's realistic, if in fact it brings a tad of hope)

And yeah, he wanted to buy a TV...b/c that's the way some kids with Autism, think... even little kids feel like that...oh the complete innocence of a child's mind. And yeah, he wants to help people....what, you expected some great prepared speech of verbal intellect? Won't happen.

My cousin's grand child is autistic, and there is truly something very unique and special inside this child...he knows he's different, he's been bullied enough by kids who learned that different, means open game to bully. Kids learn to bully....it is in fact a learned behavior....and from what I've seen online, is it any wonder?

Again, we humans, seem to believe that b/c they are different, they are beneath us, and they are not, and a handful of them, do possess special talents that cannot be explained...well scientifically they can...but I like the show b/c the Autistic child turned into a man that has something to add to society, like they all do...in some way.

I worked with handicapped children years ago, some very badly and they were all very special children...the light in their faces and eyes, were incredible....and no one will tell me different.

That to me, is what this show is about...in fantasy form...so if your looking for authentic procedures, I suggest you move on.

I'm sticking with it....even though it isn't yet the best...but for what it may become.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-29-2017 at 05:48 AM..

Old 09-29-2017, 05:55 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
me to, have watched it numerous times.....and cried right along side you. It's is one of those feel good ending movies, with a tad of mystery, hope and intellect, showing a charismatic charmer with the prettiest blue eyes, who practically invents music...brings his whole family together. yes, fantasy, which is what we need more of and he was right, "the music is all around us, all we have to do is listen"

Granted this show isn't real...and is definitely "NOT" for realists....especially those in the profession....keeping in mind, this is simply put, A TV show, which I believe, (and may be wrong) is sending a message of hope for those families who have been stricken with Autism. (who cares if it's realistic, if in fact it brings a tad of hope)

And yeah, he wanted to buy a TV...b/c that's the way some kids with Autism, think... even little kids feel like that...oh the complete innocence of a child's mind. And yeah, he wants to help people....what, you expected some great prepared speech of verbal intellect? Won't happen.

My cousin's grand child is autistic, and there is truly something very unique and special inside this child...he knows he's different, he's been bullied enough by kids who learned that different, means open game to bully. Kids learn to bully....it is in fact a learned behavior....and from what I've seen online, is it any wonder?

Again, we humans, seem to believe that b/c they are different, they are beneath us, and they are not, and a handful of them, do possess special talents that cannot be explained...well scientifically they can...but I like the show b/c the Autistic child turned into a man that has something to add to society, like they all do...in some way.

I worked with handicapped children years ago, some very badly and they were all very special children...the light in their faces and eyes, were incredible....and no one will tell me different.

That to me, is what this show is about...in fantasy form...so if your looking for authentic procedures, I suggest you move on.

I'm sticking with it....even though it isn't yet the best...but for what it may become.

So right. It will be a good message for people to have a peak at Autism and autistic people.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:15 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,963 times
I looked like a predictable mix of Monk and Doogie Howser, ... however, the cast, acting and (surprise!) the writing all seemed to come together and I liked it quite a bit more than expected.
Good back-story, and I liked his responses to being questioned, by the board, and by the surgeon. Excellent writing that.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:07 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
I looked like a predictable mix of Monk and Doogie Howser, ... however, the cast, acting and (surprise!) the writing all seemed to come together and I liked it quite a bit more than expected.
Good back-story, and I liked his responses to being questioned, by the board, and by the surgeon. Excellent writing that.
I'm not saying, it doesn't need improvement, from any stretch of the imagination....but I truly believe it's not about the reality of procedures, much more, about the reality of how people look at others, or should I say, look down on others, which came across loud and clear and is so totally true in our culture...

It's all about pretty and trends....

Hog Wash! I never was trendy, and never will be, what impresses me about people is how they treat me.

and yes, when he answered those questions, it was an awwwwww moment.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:44 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
So far we are two episodes in and I am liking it.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 PM

2,106 posts, read 978,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Me too

Old 10-03-2017, 04:40 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Me too
It's the first show I've looked forward to in years. Most shows, I just watch to kill time. I don't really care if I miss them. I hope the ABC suits keep their hands off of The Good Doctor.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
It's me, not the show.

My heart is too sensitive to see his little face anymore and his sweet little brother...
the injustice...had enough in
in the first 15 min.

I know, I know last night he probably showed everyone he was right and lives were saved.
He is slowly wowing the staff..but in the mean time it breaks my heart...
But hey, I've never seen Titanic or The Horse Whisperer, either.

Good show, tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV