Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 06:53 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,883,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I and several other folks here still enjoy the show....if you don't like it, use your remote and find something else....and if you find something you like, share.

Quote:
yeah, your right, but this is TV...and it still takes me away from the negativity of people in the real world, so....
I still watch The Good Doctor, and like it very much. And now, with Matt Czuchry's The Resident on at 9 on Fox, Mondays deliver a double dose of dysfunctional doctoring. Definitely not my mother's doctor shows. And I like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 07:17 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,027,090 times
Quote:
I and several other folks here still enjoy the show....if you don't like it, use your remote and find something else....and if you find something you like, share.

So only those who agree with you are allowed to post their thoughts and opinions?

And here all this time, I thought forums were venues for conversation.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:57 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,241,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
So only those who agree with you are allowed to post their thoughts and opinions?

And here all this time, I thought forums were venues for conversation.
no, you guys have said it over and over again, that you don't like the show...so fine....we get that, so..turn the channel, why don't cha....and take that negativity somewhere else please, as some of us who still like the show, would like to discuss the program instead of reading nothing but complaints about it....

venues for conversation yes, tearing a tv program apart, not once, not twice, not even three times....but all throughout, if there isn't anything positive in it for you, then why even bother?

I love the concept of this show, period.....and enjoy hearing and reading conversations about it, but nothing but negativity over and over again...spoils the conversation for others....who do enjoy it....and don't agree with YOU

Old 01-24-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I think the real payoff in the show was at the end, when he goes home. It's in the way he walks around the place, looking at the rooms, all this familiary he has of the place he used as his comfort, and how it might not be enough. It suggests he has come to see that his current choices are not enough.
this show always reminds me of how truly special my cousin's autistic grandson is....and reminds me of what they have to endure in school from other kids. He was bullied something awful...and it is so rewarding to view how the doctors accept him, even though just a tv show, it does send out a positive message.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I still watch The Good Doctor, and like it very much. And now, with Matt Czuchry's The Resident on at 9 on Fox, Mondays deliver a double dose of dysfunctional doctoring. Definitely not my mother's doctor shows. And I like that.
one thing which this show dis shelves, is the feeling that doctors were Gods....as witness in the beginning of the show.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:55 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,793,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Is it funny I have a hard time getting past him being a lawyer on "The Good Wife"? I do plan on adding it to my record list.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:40 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,254,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Is it funny I have a hard time getting past him being a lawyer on "The Good Wife"? I do plan on adding it to my record list.
And is it funny that all of I can think of when I see Freddie Highmore is Norman Bates LOL.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:33 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,540,520 times
'You're a terrorist'. LOL.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:42 PM

389 posts, read 421,899 times
This episode was painful to watch. Shaun's character was way over done this episode, almost like someone told him he needed to ramp it up. All the "jumping to conclusions" also drove me crazy. How the Dr figured out the husband was abusive and his wife wanted him dead, and then oh, it must be the son that did it... It all just came out of the air for her.

Also, not sure a hospital would be happy with the fall out of a dr calling one of their patients a terrorist over and over again with a gleeful laugh/smile. I almost did not make it through the episode. I hope this was just glitch.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:46 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,540,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spchtx View Post
This episode was painful to watch. Shaun's character was way over done this episode, almost like someone told him he needed to ramp it up. All the "jumping to conclusions" also drove me crazy. How the Dr figured out the husband was abusive and his wife wanted him dead, and then oh, it must be the son that did it... It all just came out of the air for her.

Also, not sure a hospital would be happy with the fall out of a dr calling one of their patients a terrorist over and over again with a gleeful laugh/smile. I almost did not make it through the episode. I hope this was just glitch.
It was not a glitch. This is a terrible show. You either enjoy it for what it is or you don't. I lol'd at the 'You're a terrorist!' and the spectacularly stupid way they show him learning things. One epi was all about flirting. This one was all about lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV