Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2019, 10:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

That was rotten. Back for only 3 weeks and a repeat this week?? Stinks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 03:54 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That was rotten. Back for only 3 weeks and a repeat this week?? Stinks!
I agree, they have a really weird season schedule set up for this show! When do the new episodes start again?

Old 02-13-2019, 11:16 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I agree, they have a really weird season schedule set up for this show! When do the new episodes start again?
I have no idea. I will find out Monday if it says "repeat " next to the info.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:06 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There will be a new episode next Monday, February 18. The final 2-3 episodes will then air weekly on Mondays.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:49 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
OK—so I watched on Hulu the episode from Feb 18 I guess—
Where
Spoiler
the new head of surgery comes in and forces Shaun to pathology because he thinks his ASD is inappropriate for a surgeon

Is this the last episode???
Cause it makes a good cliff hanger...
OK—Googled up some info and this is not the finale for S2–
More Dr. Han conflict upcoming

Old 02-24-2019, 12:53 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times
There are at least three more episodes, s02e16,17, & 18 pending (16 is this Monday).
-- from https://next-episode.net/the-good-doctor
I wondered about this abrupt plot twist, but then remembered that several other episodes have had twists just as abrupt.
I guess the writers like keeping things uncertain.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:59 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
There are at least three more episodes, s02e16,17, & 18 pending (16 is this Monday).
-- from https://next-episode.net/the-good-doctor
I wondered about this abrupt plot twist, but then remembered that several other episodes have had twists just as abrupt.
I guess the writers like keeping things uncertain.
I hate this storyline, authoritarian a-hole arrives, upending existing order, infusing arbitrary anarchy. But we shouldn't be surprised. TPTB did this twice on House, once with David Morse, and before that with Chi McBride. It's what they do when they run out of obstacles: make new ones up that serve mainly to annoy with their arbitrariness, putting a character in survival mode. The time with Chi McBride is part of what got me to stop watching House. It's bullying at its heart, and I hate watching it. I suspect I'll really hate watching this person bully Shaun, and may end up not watching The Good Doctor.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:30 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
. I suspect I'll really hate watching this person bully Shaun, and may end up not watching The Good Doctor.
Don't give up yet.I think Shaun will win him over with his skills & smarts.I bet Shaun saves a patient that
Dr Han almost kills..

Old 02-24-2019, 04:22 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Don't give up yet.I think Shaun will win him over with his skills & smarts.I bet Shaun saves a patient that
Dr Han almost kills..
Or even better, what if Shaun saves Dr Han's life !!! That would be a great episode..

Old 02-25-2019, 07:21 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Dr Han almost kills..
Shaun did just that in the last show and you note that NONE of the doctors mentioned that Shaun was the doctor that made either the heart valve discovery or the last one about letting the baby live with a heart defect until she was old enough to manage another surgery or two to resolve ALL her physical anomalies...

That was really a mistake IMO because Shaun certainly got the blame for telling the mother and father the truth—and that was what set Han off against him—certainly made his preexisting prejudice easier to inforce

And everyone agreed that diagnosis was a likely possibility —
that her taking that medication in early days of pregnancy had caused the birth anomalies...
No one wanted to tell a woman with psychological issues that she was complicit

HER doctor/therapist was the one responsible for the birth anomalies in some respect because if THAT doctor knew they were trying to get pregnant she never should have been taking that specific medication
NOONE trying to get pregnant—deliberately trying to get pregnant—should be taking ANY medications really—or drinking/smoking—
Early growth of a fetus has so many growth plateaus that could be compromised by interaction with drugs of good or bad reputations...
This show could have done a big service if they had made that known...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV