U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2018, 02:10 AM
 
Location: 38N 105W
4,706 posts, read 6,910,828 times
Reputation: 7230

Advertisements

I just love this show! My daughter was here last spring with her four teens. She'd never seen BBT, but I had recorded all of Sheldon's first season and we binged the ones I had. I have never heard a 44 year old woman laugh so hard she was gasping and snorting at the same time. She hasn't laughed that much since she was a child. We were all dying, laughing and crying because she was. Needless to say, she's hooked as are her kids!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2018, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
878 posts, read 1,619,700 times
Reputation: 676
I laugh out loud with this show too. I just love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2018, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Williamsburg, VA
2,725 posts, read 1,228,382 times
Reputation: 6927
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
This first season, I believe Sheldon is supposed to be nine. According to Sheldon from BBT, he started college when he was eleven.

Yup, this show is setting up for a two-year run. It needs to end with Sheldon headed off for college, and (sadly) the rest of the family realizing a divorce is inevitable. Found this most recent episode a compelling set-up for that. Sheldon's Dad turns down his dream job, making a huge sacrifice for his family. I suspect they won't realize how much of a sacrifice it was or appreciate it as much as they should. Looks like they are trying to show how a divorce can happen to two likeable people who both love their families. It's sad, but kind of a refreshing that they aren't making out Sheldon's dad to be a bad guy.


And you know what, even though we all know the divorce is coming I'm going to be sad when they get to it. The Coopers are such a fun little family at this point, and according to Sheldon's accounts from BBT things became very difficult for everyone once the marriage fell apart. I've really grown to enjoy this family, I hate to see it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2018, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
20,742 posts, read 9,692,393 times
Reputation: 19479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Yup, this show is setting up for a two-year run. It needs to end with Sheldon headed off for college, and (sadly) the rest of the family realizing a divorce is inevitable. Found this most recent episode a compelling set-up for that. Sheldon's Dad turns down his dream job, making a huge sacrifice for his family. I suspect they won't realize how much of a sacrifice it was or appreciate it as much as they should. Looks like they are trying to show how a divorce can happen to two likeable people who both love their families. It's sad, but kind of a refreshing that they aren't making out Sheldon's dad to be a bad guy.


And you know what, even though we all know the divorce is coming I'm going to be sad when they get to it. The Coopers are such a fun little family at this point, and according to Sheldon's accounts from BBT things became very difficult for everyone once the marriage fell apart. I've really grown to enjoy this family, I hate to see it happen.
You're jumping way ahead of things. The most profitable series, in terms of reruns, are those which run for nearly 100 episodes.

And just to remind people -- in terms of the father cheating on the mother...cheating is in the eyes of the beholder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2018, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Steele Creek, Charlotte, NC
1,362 posts, read 1,671,079 times
Reputation: 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're jumping way ahead of things. The most profitable series, in terms of reruns, are those which run for nearly 100 episodes.

And just to remind people -- in terms of the father cheating on the mother...cheating is in the eyes of the beholder.
Also, on BBT, Sheldon has said his dad drank a lot. He does frequently have a beer in his hand, which may seem a lot to a 10 year old. It's been established that Sheldon sees things differently than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 04:01 AM
 
1,478 posts, read 1,859,576 times
Reputation: 2508
I just started this show, binged it all this past week, love it! I didn't think it would be that great. I saw all of season one and I think all but 2 episodes of season 2, someone showed it to me and I was hooked. I hope they run the show for a long time, even after his dad dies or at least until then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Sale Creek, TN
3,867 posts, read 3,532,653 times
Reputation: 4081
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I just started this show, binged it all this past week, love it! I didn't think it would be that great. I saw all of season one and I think all but 2 episodes of season 2, someone showed it to me and I was hooked. I hope they run the show for a long time, even after his dad dies or at least until then.
I pretty much thought the same thing, shook my head and said, "Oh no". Hooked from the first, solid show with good cast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 05:50 PM
 
11,695 posts, read 19,942,680 times
Reputation: 18734
Don’t forget, once BBT ends, the show can kinda take on its own life. And do anything it wants.
__________________
Solly says — Be nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2019, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Houston/Brenham
3,885 posts, read 4,450,669 times
Reputation: 6935
Great news!

Young Sheldon Renewed for 2 Seasons



Quote:
CBS is doubling down on The Big Bang Theory‘s heir apparent, renewing Young Sheldon for Seasons 3 and 4. The Young Sheldon renewal guarantees that the Big Bang prequel spinoff will remain on the air through at least the 2020-21 TV season.

Young Sheldon this season is averaging north of 11 million weekly viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, ranking third (behind Big Bang and NCIS) and second (trailing Big Bang) among all CBS programs. With Live+7 DVR playback factored in, it flirts with 15 million viewers and pulls a 2.7 rating.
Attached Thumbnails
Young Sheldon premieres 9-25-17 on CBS-young-sheldon-season-3-cbs.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2019, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Williamsburg, VA
2,725 posts, read 1,228,382 times
Reputation: 6927
This show has really grown on me. I like all 3 kids and hope they all the characters get plenty of storylines, not just Sheldon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top