U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 12:17 PM

30,330 posts, read 31,201,438 times

Advertisements

I felt that show was too short overall although one does get a sense of the different characters in the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 12:54 PM

7,146 posts, read 7,586,700 times
It was officially picked up to a full season order. Usually we start with 13 and then get the "back 9". After the pilot they picked up the full season.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:21 PM

2,455 posts, read 633,009 times
I sat down and watched it with mom and my kid cousins, and we all thought it was cute. It's nice to see shows like this and Stranger Things coming on that the whole family can watch. Past decade, it seems like if it's meant for kids, it was too dumb for the adults to enjoy, but if anything out there that was not childish, was packed with gore and sex. I hope more shows like these two start to make a comeback.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:36 PM

18,894 posts, read 8,873,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
I'm going to be the lone pariah on here ~ I liked it a lot. I thought it was very well-cast and better than I thought it would be.
You're not alone. I liked it.

I guess I haven't been paying attention, however. I didn't remember Sheldon having a brother and sister.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:24 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 1,792,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

I guess I haven't been paying attention, however. I didn't remember Sheldon having a brother and sister.
The brother I seem to vaguely remember being mentioned. The twin sister definitely was mentioned. In fact she was on a BBT episode. She was very pretty and of course the guys went nuts over her. I do believe she stayed at Penny's place.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:18 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,898,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

I don't really remember the brother either. Sheldon is a twin. She was on a couple of episodes of BBT.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:58 AM

9,182 posts, read 20,208,384 times
Default Young Sheldon

Quote:
It's 1989 and 9-year-old Sheldon Cooper has skipped four grades to start high school along with his less-intellectual older brother. As he struggles to be understood by his family, classmates and neighbors, his mother arms him with the best tool she can come up with: reminding bullies his dad is the football coach and his brother is on the team. His twin sister doesn't share his exceptional mind, but she has a much clearer vision of what life has in store for the young genius. Jim Parsons, who plays the adult version of Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory," narrates.
Young Sheldon CBS

Haven't seen it yet but we started recording it. Those that have seen it said it was good.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:15 AM

There is already a thread...it got bumped back to page 2 of this forum. I expect that it will be more active once the show is on steadily.

Here is the thread: Young Sheldon premieres 9-25-17 on CBS

I really am not trying to be snarky. Just trying to help.

Oh and for the record: I DO think it is good! I had a couple of laugh out loud moments and one 'awwwwww' moment. We will keep watching when it finally comes out permanently. They just did the pilot and will rerun the pilot in November. After that, then they will finally have new shows on a schedule.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:41 AM

9,182 posts, read 20,208,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
There is already a thread...it got bumped back to page 2 of this forum. I expect that it will be more active once the show is on steadily.

Here is the thread: Young Sheldon premieres 9-25-17 on CBS

I really am not trying to be snarky. Just trying to help.

Oh and for the record: I DO think it is good! I had a couple of laugh out loud moments and one 'awwwwww' moment. We will keep watching when it finally comes out permanently. They just did the pilot and will rerun the pilot in November. After that, then they will finally have new shows on a schedule.
Thanks. I looked the other day but didn't see one. Only checked 1st page today.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks. I looked the other day but didn't see one. Only checked 1st page today.
They merged the threads. As more find the show, the thread should stay more active.

The only reason I knew there was another thread is because I had found it shortly after it had been started.

It's all good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or