U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 08:31 AM

4,939 posts, read 2,018,366 times

Advertisements

I was happy Robyn made it. I don't think she can ever win but she's tried hard and not been as crazy this time. hehe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 09:08 AM

15,538 posts, read 35,674,338 times
Yeah, I have to admit, Robyn's growing on me. She drives me nuts and I think she should be gone, but then, I find myself rooting for her and hoping she can hang in there. Can't explain it, except that I guess she's an underdog or something. But I don't know who I want to win at this point. Maybe Robyn , maybe not .

So glad Elise is finally gone!!! She was a really good cook until Friday night. I was afraid she might have been one of the final two and possibly win this thing. But my hubby-poo said he "knew all along that Ramsay would never choose her to run one of his restaurants because she's too abrasive and doesn't take criticism well and doesn't like authority." He thinks GR will "choose Millie because he has a personality that works well with diners and he's playful and funny and people like that." We'll see ....................

There's one thing I don't like though ... and that's the way Ben treats Robyn. He's rather condescending toward her. I get it that she can grate on your nerves, but still, show a little respect, man!!! But other than that, I have no issues with Ben.

I don't have any particular favorite yet, but at this point I'm just glad Barbie and Elise are gone and I will be happy to see anybody other than those two win it.

I have an idea for next season. I wonder if GR would be open to maybe incorporating the game Donkey Kong into one of his challenges. Like have one of those teetering ladder/shelf thingies like they have in the video game, but with food items on it, and the donkeys have to grab something off the teetering thing without making the other crap fall ... or something like that, I don't know. Maybe I'm just a silly cow.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:35 AM

1,012 posts, read 524,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah, I have to admit, Robyn's growing on me. She drives me nuts and I think she should be gone, but then, I find myself rooting for her and hoping she can hang in there. Can't explain it, except that I guess she's an underdog or something. But I don't know who I want to win at this point. Maybe Robyn , maybe not .
Yeah, part of me is rooting for her too. Maybe it's the underdog thing, but I like her passion and her desire to be the best she can be. I was also touched and surprised by how appreciative she was of Jennifer. So there is a certain maturity there as well.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:53 PM

32,156 posts, read 39,236,941 times
I still think Elise is hot in a brittle kind of way.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:29 AM

4,212 posts, read 4,565,452 times
I'm so happy for Robyn. Elise is gone, finally!

Old 01-18-2018, 08:07 AM

15,538 posts, read 35,674,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I still think Elise is hot in a brittle kind of way.
There's no question Elise is a pretty girl, but that attitude ... Oy!!! Could it be that the attitude is really just a manufactured part of the show to get ratings??? Because it would be such a shame if she's really like that in real life.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:59 PM

32,156 posts, read 39,236,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
There's no question Elise is a pretty girl, but that attitude ... Oy!!! Could it be that the attitude is really just a manufactured part of the show to get ratings??? Because it would be such a shame if she's really like that in real life.
When she did that cooking segment on that local show I mentioned a couple weeks ago she was very soft spoken, demure and incredibly friendly. Seeing as how she's representing a product she likely has to be. She was also wearing a tube top.

From what I can gather, people who finish in the top 5 or so every year have a resume builder which they can use to their advantage. One guy from several years ago, who really didn't do that well either time on the show (a very stout individual who Ramsey sent home with health issues the first time. Robert maybe?), came down here to revamp a local restaurant, which he did. It later closed for other issues related to liquor license and clientele.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:44 PM

668 posts, read 241,408 times
Ben and Nick, final 2. I just can't get past Robyn's weird quirkiness.
The two guys act and cook like chefs running a restaurant. Robyn? Nope.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:47 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,074,138 times
I'm team Millie for the win.

I'm not a fan of Nick.

I'm not a fan of Robyn.

I don't really have an opinion about Ben--so I would be fine with him winning.

I am definitely not a fan of Michelle.

I actually was a Barbie fan, believe it or not! I know I'm probably one of maybe 10 of us in the whole land that are...she was an underdog to me and I didn't like how they treated her.

The editing is also silly. It shows them all screaming at each other, but then you can see them laughing and talking together in the background too.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:06 AM

668 posts, read 241,408 times
Millie is lazy. Ben doesn't communicate. Michelle is timid. Nick can be bossy. Still with Ben and Nick as final two. Gotta look at the bigger picture of them actually running a restaurant and who can do it best overall..not just cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or