U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 02:42 PM

1,220 posts, read 973,295 times

Advertisements

Is anyone watching this? This show is in it's sophomore season set in Sydney Australia. Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men, The Handmaid's Tale) is the lead actress & a detective in this role. The premise centers around missing children, and in this season a Chinese girl is found dead in a suitcase in the ocean with her long black hair floating out of one side. The entire season (6 episodes) is dedicated to solving this case. I finished it yesterday, and although I wish some things had played out differently, it for sure hit every good and bad emotion I think I have. Although a BBC production, the entire first and second seasons are available on Hulu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 02:53 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,971,260 times
I really liked this series and what happened to the male cop from the first series was satisfying!

Old 09-24-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
I really liked this series and what happened to the male cop from the first series was satisfying!
Do you know that they waited soooooooo long between seasons one and two, that I don't even remember who he was!

Old 09-24-2017, 05:58 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,971,260 times
What?!? You forgot him? Did you finally remember who he was? What an complete creep.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:55 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,332,095 times
What is it a mystery / thriller show? If so I'm totally interested I love those, and they're kind of rare.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:02 AM

11,634 posts, read 5,477,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Do you know that they waited soooooooo long between seasons one and two, that I don't even remember who he was!
I didn't either. Nor did I remember how her lover turned out to be her brother and I was hoping they'd remind me. I was totally confused by who her fiance was in season 2, when that occurred, etc. I just disregarded it. /shrug.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I didn't either. Nor did I remember how her lover turned out to be her brother and I was hoping they'd remind me. I was totally confused by who her fiance was in season 2, when that occurred, etc. I just disregarded it. /shrug.
I don't believe she had a fiancé in season two at all. And I TOTALLY don't remember her having one in season one! Oh boy...

Old 09-25-2017, 08:21 AM

2,019 posts, read 2,707,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
I don't believe she had a fiancé in season two at all. And I TOTALLY don't remember her having one in season one! Oh boy...

Yeah, he was arrested with the trash bags full of weed and the young blond on the cable bridge.(Season 2, I don't recall her having one in S1, but I thought she was in NZ to visit her mother in S1)

Old 09-25-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Yeah, he was arrested with the trash bags full of weed and the young blond on the cable bridge.(Season 2, I don't recall her having one in S1, but I thought she was in NZ to visit her mother in S1)
Hmmmm, I do remember it being filmed in New Zealand last season, and remember a missing girl they were looking for in the woods. I may need to seriously go back and watch season 1 all over again, because even what you're telling me isn't ringing any bells. One thing I do remember about season one is that the way it ended left me feeling like I didn't have closure. Like, where was the missing girl after all??

Old 09-25-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
What is it a mystery / thriller show? If so I'm totally interested I love those, and they're kind of rare.
More mystery, less thriller. Elisabeth Moss has that same intensity and restraint she demonstrated in Mad Men, and now The Handmaid's Tale; all of her roles seem to have that common thread. She's an excellent actress. The show will have your emotions, especially anger, all over the place....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or