U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 09:19 AM

1,814 posts, read 977,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
If I were a team up front I would be using that u-turn on someone that's up front with me. Do your best to get rid of strong competition and not leave it to the bottom feeders. If they get all mad, well, tough! It's part of the race. Anyway, would like to have seen Big brother gone rather than the violinist. They did well to make up time but mistakes really cost you.

So Phil kept emphasizing 'never know what's next!', makes me wonder what it's going to be.
While watching all the available seasons on Hulu I was against teams up front using the U-turns and thought it was dirty pool, until I saw a team that had a very slight lead on another team not use it, then had the team they did not U-turn beat them to that mat. Thought the classy thing to do would have been for them to step aside until the team that didn't U-turn them stepped on the mat. It was very close and a guy on the 2nd place team was gimpy so couldn't run fast. It was on a beach as I recall.

Never know what's next - At least one thing will be the teams switching partners as we saw on the preview, I'm guessing (hoping) that it's for one challenge not a whole leg, although that could be interesting too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 07:16 PM

242 posts, read 133,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
As for last night's show I'm getting a little sick of the one lady's (the one that got engaged) attitude towards Jessica. First she forgot her gnome and blamed it on Jess, then last night when Jessica asked if she wanted to work together through the phone challenge, the girl was hesitant, acted like she didn't want to be forthcoming with the words she had found, yet Jessica gave her five words she had already found. Can't really blame Jessica for giving her a wrong word at that point, afterall, how could she trust the other girl to give the words she had so far? And the guy came later so he finished much quicker than he would have thanks to the help he was given.
I thought that about Brittany too. (I had to look up her name ) Jessica does all the work in the phone challenge, then Brittany's upset because she waited until she was out the door to give them the correct answer? She was lucky Jessica helped her at all.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:23 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,255,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
I thought that about Brittany too. (I had to look up her name ) Jessica does all the work in the phone challenge, then Brittany's upset because she waited until she was out the door to give them the correct answer? She was lucky Jessica helped her at all.
Yeah, I'm kind of with you guys. Certainly not the worst thing we've ever seen someone do. And Brittany and Alex shouldn't have been completely relying on someone from another team to give them the answer anyway. And I do think the thing with the gnome was all Brittany. She's the one that forgot to pick it up. It's not like Jessica took it and hid it somewhere. Jess and Cody did use the u-turn properly, though. I do think they saved themselves.

And I hate that they're still putting the u-turn before the detour! It's supposed to be at the end to reward teams that can finish the detour quickly, not reward teams that get a fast cab. Plus then you get the fun of a team doing what they think will be the easier task, getting to the detour board, and having to go back and do that other harder task. Or even better switching tasks midway, then finding they still have to go complete the task they switched out from.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:39 AM

4,935 posts, read 2,013,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
While watching all the available seasons on Hulu I was against teams up front using the U-turns and thought it was dirty pool, until I saw a team that had a very slight lead on another team not use it, then had the team they did not U-turn beat them to that mat. Thought the classy thing to do would have been for them to step aside until the team that didn't U-turn them stepped on the mat. It was very close and a guy on the 2nd place team was gimpy so couldn't run fast. It was on a beach as I recall.

Never know what's next - At least one thing will be the teams switching partners as we saw on the preview, I'm guessing (hoping) that it's for one challenge not a whole leg, although that could be interesting too.
I remember that one! The team in second was none too pleased nor should they be.

I didn't even get the BB call out by Phil but then I haven't watched BB in a while.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:51 PM

2,062 posts, read 1,324,398 times
I was impress how good the violinists did, especially in the classroom. 2 exams and got it. Same with phone, he just guessed the last word cuz it made sense. To be honest, until this episode I didn't even notice their team. I was really hoping they made it and teamBB lost. I was very impress with the twin for keep trying in the classroom where others would have switched. I wish they got first place, they deserve it.

Teams I don't like: big brother & the engaged team. Don't like either of them. Don't think the firefight are strong team. Still love the Indy race guy (the shorter one) he makes it fun

Old 02-08-2018, 06:28 AM

5,799 posts, read 4,810,185 times
Sad to lose the team that went home in the most recent episode. Such nice people! I was so hoping Big Brother would go.

The switching partners twist was enjoyable - it really showed individual strengths and weaknesses. The blond skier really needs her partner, doesn't she? And though I respect the Yale team, the young woman would get old to be around pretty quickly. I hope production keeps this twist in seasons to come!

Jessica from Big Brother is showing her true colors finally. As we saw in Big Brother, she always takes things personally. She seems to believe that everyone should help and benefit her, while she has no need to help others. She is able to get Cody out of his sulks, though. Not a couple I'd care to be around in regular life.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:05 AM

4,429 posts, read 2,064,185 times
Well I still like team Big Brother - the one wearing on me is Lucas and Brittany. She has to get over that she waited 9 years to get engaged - it was her choice. I'd hate being married to her as she'll never let you forget anything you did. I would have loved to see them eliminated!

I do feel bad the brothers left as I enjoyed them - a great pair of guys.

Loved the twist - too bad the one group wasn't given a number on the amt of items they needed to complete their task.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM

38,673 posts, read 45,016,991 times
Great episodes last night, too bad the wrong people had to go home.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:18 PM

1,685 posts, read 3,527,654 times
Good episode last night. Enjoyed the Swapping Partners part. I'm a Jessica and Cody to Win Fan but I'm also impressed with Jen of the Jen and Kristy Ski Team. Jen comes across as a sensible, level-headed competitor. Also, lol, I think Host Phil should always wear a hat.

Old 02-09-2018, 10:03 AM

4,935 posts, read 2,013,478 times
The partner swap was really good. Shows the folks that work well with others and those that are clueless without their support system. haha Too bad BB keeps going. That guy gives up and gets angry too quickly. Not a great trait.

It was interesting that they went to Zimbabwe! Times might finally be turning round there which is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or