U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 09:58 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,628,186 times

Advertisements

Great that TAR is finally back. I'm excited to see the new season.

Disappointed to see so many teams that have already achieved fame and fortune. I can't imagine that winning a trip to Greece is a big deal to the ski champions who have traveled all over the world already. The only teams who haven't seemed already to have achieved some fame (if not fortune) were the Ring Girls (who are gone) and the firefighters. The twin firefighters seem like regular people, except that they didn't get much air time and seemed pretty boring. Maybe they'll show some personality in future episodes.

I think Cody and Jessica were popular on Big Brother only because the others on the show were so much more dislikable. I'll wait judgement after seeing how they do in TAR.

I don't dislike any teams yet. There has been bickering, but that could have happened for only a few minutes in several days of racing, so I'm going to blame that on the editing for now.

I like to follow the racers from point to point to see what order they pass by key points. I was disappointed we didn't see much of how they got to the first challenge. It looked like they were all on the same plane, but I've read that there were two planes. Also disappointed that they didn't show four teams at the strong man chugging challenge in Ingolfstorg.

It was a crazy ending with three teams finishing seconds apart. It looked like the Ring Girls were having navigation issues, which put them at the back of the pack. Based on the editing, it looked like their taking time to park in Ingolfstorg was a contributing factor.

While watching the Roadblock, I thought Cedric yelling out for Shawn to watch for the P's and O's was a violation of the rules, but I forgot about it until Phil gave them the penalty at the mat.

According to the previews, teams will directly compete head to head against each other next week. That sounds like a Face Off, which is part of the Canadian version. The first two teams that arrive at a challenge have to compete in some type of sporting event. The winners move on and the losers have to compete against the next arriving team. As each team arrives, they compete against the previous losers while the winners move on. When one team is left, they have to wait out a time penalty.

Or maybe they're doing something totally different.

Right now I'm pulling for the Yale debaters. I'm expecting to see more of the firefighters in upcoming episodes, though, and may pull for them.

The ratings for the first episode were pretty good! "About 7.311 million people watched last night, and among viewers 18 to 49, the show earned a 1.6 rating. Last season, which debuted in late March, only 4.3 million watched the premiere, with a .9 rating." It was the highest rated network broadcast show of the night.

https://www.realityblurred.com/reali...miere-ratings/

http://deadline.com/2018/01/9-1-1-ra...ce-1202235485/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 07:09 AM

3,800 posts, read 3,430,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Great that TAR is finally back. I'm excited to see the new season.

Disappointed to see so many teams that have already achieved fame and fortune. I can't imagine that winning a trip to Greece is a big deal to the ski champions who have traveled all over the world already. The only teams who haven't seemed already to have achieved some fame (if not fortune) were the Ring Girls (who are gone) and the firefighters. The twin firefighters seem like regular people, except that they didn't get much air time and seemed pretty boring. Maybe they'll show some personality in future episodes.

I think Cody and Jessica were popular on Big Brother only because the others on the show were so much more dislikable. I'll wait judgement after seeing how they do in TAR.

I don't dislike any teams yet. There has been bickering, but that could have happened for only a few minutes in several days of racing, so I'm going to blame that on the editing for now.

I like to follow the racers from point to point to see what order they pass by key points. I was disappointed we didn't see much of how they got to the first challenge. It looked like they were all on the same plane, but I've read that there were two planes. Also disappointed that they didn't show four teams at the strong man chugging challenge in Ingolfstorg.

It was a crazy ending with three teams finishing seconds apart. It looked like the Ring Girls were having navigation issues, which put them at the back of the pack. Based on the editing, it looked like their taking time to park in Ingolfstorg was a contributing factor.

While watching the Roadblock, I thought Cedric yelling out for Shawn to watch for the P's and O's was a violation of the rules, but I forgot about it until Phil gave them the penalty at the mat.

According to the previews, teams will directly compete head to head against each other next week. That sounds like a Face Off, which is part of the Canadian version. The first two teams that arrive at a challenge have to compete in some type of sporting event. The winners move on and the losers have to compete against the next arriving team. As each team arrives, they compete against the previous losers while the winners move on. When one team is left, they have to wait out a time penalty.

Or maybe they're doing something totally different.

Right now I'm pulling for the Yale debaters. I'm expecting to see more of the firefighters in upcoming episodes, though, and may pull for them.

The ratings for the first episode were pretty good! "About 7.311 million people watched last night, and among viewers 18 to 49, the show earned a 1.6 rating. Last season, which debuted in late March, only 4.3 million watched the premiere, with a .9 rating." It was the highest rated network broadcast show of the night.

https://www.realityblurred.com/reali...miere-ratings/

TV Ratings: ‘9-1-1’ Off To Solid Ratings Start; ‘The X-Files’ Down | Deadline
Then try to argue with Phil over it.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:01 PM

1,815 posts, read 979,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
There's some truth to that, but I watched the live feeds and through that came to like or at least empathize with them. Jessica was a bit over the top with a diva attitude to some degree, but overall she's ok. Cody made a couple boneheaded decisions during Big Brother, but watching the two of them together, seeing their relationship grow, and seeing how they dealt with being bullied and ostracized in the house made me like them. Jessica's still a bit much for me, but I do believe she's a nice girl.

Having said that I doubt I'll pull for them to win. Depends on the other teams. Can't think of one I favor over them yet.

Glad to see the schedule that was listed on CBS's site (or article that was posted on here) before the season was wrong. From that it didn't look like another episode would air until the 24th, but it will be on tonight.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:01 AM

38,687 posts, read 45,060,825 times
Right now Cody and Jessica have the advantage, they've come in 1st place these first 2 episodes. So far they look to be the team to beat, though it is early in the game. Though it only takes one big mistake to change things.
Last night episode was another enjoyable one. Poor Henry in the French fries race, happy he finally got the job done.
Next week looks to be another great episode from the previews I saw.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:28 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,204 times
The right team went home!

Old 01-11-2018, 08:42 AM

778 posts, read 736,797 times
***Right now Cody and Jessica have the advantage, they've come in 1st place these first 2 episodes **

I believe it was Kristi and Jen who came in first on the first episode.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:56 AM

368 posts, read 209,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
***Right now Cody and Jessica have the advantage, they've come in 1st place these first 2 episodes **

I believe it was Kristi and Jen who came in first on the first episode.
You are correct. Cody and Jessica were in the first position but couldnt find the pit stop so then they ended up second.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:00 AM

3,800 posts, read 3,430,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
The right team went home!
Yes and so early in the race.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:30 AM

4,935 posts, read 2,015,901 times
That was a cool twist but somehow seemed unfair to me. One could finished first yet be eliminated on a random frites race. Man that would suck. lol

Old 01-12-2018, 12:01 PM

4,455 posts, read 2,070,081 times
I actually liked that last challenge. Being how hard it is to get those dollies to move the way you want them to - all the teams had a more even chance - didn't matter if it was male or female. Glad Henry finally made it thru as I like them. The only team I wasn't exactly thrilled with were the goat yoga pair - and mainly it was just the one who was such a b*tch last week.

Also your next start time is determined by how you finished - you could have been waiting 3 hrs for that last team to arrive - so we'll see another plane flight or destination delay so that the teams can group up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or