Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 12:03 PM

130,273 posts, read 12,099,804 times

Advertisements

I really disliked the frites challenge, it was boring & repetitive. I watch this show to get a glimpse of countries around the world, so I did not like this episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 03:25 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,440 times
I'm excited for a new episode tonight, but I miss the older seasons when they covered the journey in greater detail. Last week we only saw the start times for the first three teams, so we didn't see how spread apart the teams were in the first leg. They started in Iceland, we saw a few clips along the way, and then all the teams were waiting at the chocolate shop for it to open at 9:00. Of course, all the teams were on the same plane to Amsterdam and on the same train to Antwerp, so there was little drama. No scrounging for flights, although bonus clips show that Team Indy almost went to the airport before booking the flight at a travel agency, and Team Chomp almost took the wrong train. Apparently production makes the flight arrangements now. We also missed the teams spending the night on the floor of a closed restaurant while waiting for the shop to open.

Tonight's show will be in Morocco. We'll probably see the first few teams start, and then they'll all appear in Morocco together.

So, the leg last week basically consisted of the teams running around Antwerp going from task to task. But all the activity only served to set up the teams for the final head to head. The teams basically finished the leg in the same order they arrived at the head to head, except for Team Yale, who had to run the course seven times before beating someone.

The head to head was right before the Pit Stop, with no time for a team to make up for a bad performance. It was pretty clear that either Team Yale or Team Goat Yoga was going home.

From what I hear, April for Team Goat Yoga is quite the super fan and was quite excited to get onto the show. Unfortunately the partner she brought with her wasn't so motivated.

The firefighters have lingered near the back of the pack. I don't see them lasting long. Unfortunately they're the only team that hasn't already experienced some fame, if not fortune, in their pre-race life.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:16 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Great episode this evening, very fast paced and complicated, Surprised what team came in first, and the last team got very lucky.
Haven't got a favorite yet so congratulations to all of them for their efforts tonight.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:38 AM

5,518 posts, read 7,107,963 times
I am rooting for Cody and Jessica, I liked them on BB and hope they win this race.

If not them, I like the twins.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:47 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
See another head-to-head comp is on for next week. I'm not sure if I like that or not. Kinda takes away from a race when all your hard works gets taken away by frites. heh Also compacts the teams which I guess production likes but I do not. Having teams spread out is half the fun.

Morocco was cool. Very different kind of streets. The old world narrow and twisty types. I don't really have any favorites or hated team so far. Not really a fan of the team Yale. The Indy racers are funny which is cool.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:15 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I am rooting for Cody and Jessica, I liked them on BB and hope they win this race........
Jessica and Cody fan here too.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:07 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,984,560 times
Had it on last night while doing other things. Will have to watch it again to see the parts I missed.

While I liked 'Jody' on Big Brother not sure they are my favorite team yet. Leaning towards the Yale team.

For some reason I don't see a lot of personality on the teams this season. Might be the way they are editing the episodes.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:21 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,440 times
The format so far this year is to get all the racers at the same place at the same time to start the leg. They all travel together from the location of the last leg. start out in a bunch, and complete all the tasks in a confined space. There is no advantage for placing early in the last leg. Teams have to make sure they don't make mistakes, because all the other teams are right with them.

Several teams suffered misfortune:

*Team Xtreme got a taxi driver who didn't know where they wanted to go and dropped them off some distance from the Fish Market. They started the fish stacking task last but made up time and eventually finished 3rd in the leg.

*Team Chomp made it to the Roadblock location first but didn't realize it. They left, ran around a lot more, and eventually started the Roadblock in last place. They Finished the Roadblock in next to last place but were fortunate to pick the faster Detour. They made the same mistake at the Pit Stop: finding the Pit Stop but not realizing it was the Pit Stop. They left and ran around some more but eventually finished in 6th place.

*Brittany the lifeguard left he gnome behind. (The editing made it look like Jessica played dirty, but it was Brittany's fault for forgetting about it.) They stayed near the back of the pack but finished the leg next to last.

*Team NBA had the most misfortune. Cedric decided to take his backpack with him on the Roadblock, which slowed him down. At one point he was in front during the Roadblock but get lost and fell behind. He passed by the Roadblock finish point (Kisariate Jbala Souk) and finished it last. The NBA players chose the slower, more strenuous Detour, which wore Cedric out. They finished the leg in last place, but were saved by it being non-elimination.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:06 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,984,560 times
The NBA team they have this year is more likeable in my opinion than the one they had on a couple times before. Big Easy was a bit of a jerk the one year to the girl who had a fear of going down the big waterslide. His partner was decent but he rubbed me the wrong way. The NBA guys this year seem more humble.

Should be a U-turn coming up before long. Hate to see people get kicked out that way. Part of the game though.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:19 AM

5,518 posts, read 7,107,963 times
I liked it better when there was limited seats on a plane and those who came later had to wait for the next plane. There's too much of an even keel with starting times. Coming in first place doesn't give you any extra advantages except a trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV