U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 AM

15,057 posts, read 4,921,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
Today's episode is 30 minutes I'll never get back. It was dreadful. Why wait another season to end this. QUIT NOW!!!!
I have to agree. I realized halfway through the episode that I had put it in the background and my attention was on other things. And afterwards I could barely remember what the episode was about. Probably because it really wasn't about anything.

The best shows end leaving the audience wanting more. Those that overstay their welcome have the opposite effect. I'm afraid this show is taking the latter route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 10:05 AM

377 posts, read 197,648 times
I have always liked Johnny Galecki (Leonard Hofstadter) in what ever show he played. He is also my favorite character on the show. If the show comes to an end as someone earlier said it is, that's ok. It had a good run and it's best to leave on a good note rather than bad one. The show has created memories for me and my friends and we can always re-watch previous episodes at our will.
Lucky for me, my memory isn't quite as good as it used to be so every prior season is new hahaha.
I am sure once the series ends I will be purchasing episodes to re-watch.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:56 AM

961 posts, read 498,484 times
Last night's episode was kind of meh. I'm a big fan of Walton Goggins, but wasn't crazy about his character. It looks like they wrapped the storyline up, so that was a strange ep.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:24 AM

853 posts, read 1,568,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Last night's episode was kind of meh. I'm a big fan of Walton Goggins, but wasn't crazy about his character. It looks like they wrapped the storyline up, so that was a strange ep.
I agree. I loved Walton Goggins in Justified and also in Vice Principals, but this episode was just not that great and I feel Walton's talent was just wasted in it.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:01 AM

9,314 posts, read 7,320,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I have to agree. I realized halfway through the episode that I had put it in the background and my attention was on other things. And afterwards I could barely remember what the episode was about. Probably because it really wasn't about anything.

The best shows end leaving the audience wanting more. Those that overstay their welcome have the opposite effect. I'm afraid this show is taking the latter route.
I've stopped watching. The show isn't about needs anymore. It's now romcom show.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:10 AM

9,130 posts, read 3,944,191 times
I also had it on in the background while I did other things. It's definitely time for it to end and I don't even feel it needs another season after this one.

On another topic, are we never going to see Halley or the new baby either? I think the novelty of shows doing this wore off for me a long time ago.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:17 AM

15,057 posts, read 4,921,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I've stopped watching. The show isn't about needs anymore. It's now romcom show.
This is exactly right. And when I watch these days I am reminded of why I hate romcoms. I really enjoyed the earlier seasons of this show precisely because it wasn't that.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:31 PM

2,761 posts, read 1,744,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Had to look it up.

rom·com

ˈrämkäm/Submit

nouninformal

(in movies or television) a romantic comedy.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:41 PM

710 posts, read 814,224 times
Yep it has morphed into FRIENDS only not as witty. It had a good run though, the first 7 seasons were consistently good then it downshifted to one clever episodes every other month for a couple of years and now not even that.

I still watch but can hardly wait for 8:30 and YOUNG SHELDON >so far a much better show....and no laugh track!!!

Old 01-21-2018, 08:46 AM

3,801 posts, read 3,434,352 times
Raj keeps getting the shaft. The other characters have evolved, matured, if you will. Then again, maybe Rajs' was when he started talking to women moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV