U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 PM

5,550 posts, read 8,312,832 times
Default which kids' show did this song came from?

ugh, this has been driving me crazy for over a month! I have this song stuck in my head, but I can't even remember all of the lyrics or from what show I've heard it from. I'm pretty sure it was a children's show, and pretty sure it wasn't an animated show. here are the (very butchered) lyrics I can remember:

I love you in the morning,
and in the afternoon
I love you in the evening
underneath the moon
zippity doop do do do do
I love you
doop dee do

ugh, even as I type it out, it makes no sense to me, but I can't get the tune out of my head!!! anyone have any guesses where this song may have come from (if it helps, I'm in my mid 20's so the show was likely mid 80's-early 90's)?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 10:39 PM

541 posts, read 1,333,187 times
The Elephant Show, if I remember right it was on Nickelodeon. Sharon Bram and Lois were the hosts. It was one of my kids favorite shows.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:41 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,037,310 times
I think it was "skinnamarinky dinky dink, skinnamarinky doo I love you"! Those words are permanently burned into my head. How I hated that stupid elephant show when I had to babysit in high school!!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:13 AM

5,550 posts, read 8,312,832 times
ahh, it's all coming back to me now!!!!

as soon as you said it Mookster, I remembered that you were right, it was skinnamarink.

I could have sworn this song was from that show w/ the creepy orange headed guy (Puff n stuff, if I'm remembering correctly). I'm getting all these shows mixed up in my head I was reading that "your favorite childhood shows" thread and started reminiscing about all these shows. there was a lot of singing on those shows back then and the theme songs seem to stick out more than the actual episode (I can't remember much about the Elephant show, and the only thing I remember from Puff n Stuff is Witchie Poo)

yup, now that song is permanently stuck in my mind (at least I don't have the "Reading Rainbow" song stuck in my head anymore. oh wait, nevermind).

Old 03-17-2008, 12:55 AM

302 posts, read 616,705 times
Is it sad that I still know the hand movements to it? yikes!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:59 AM

3,132 posts, read 7,136,519 times
they used to sing that song at my son's preschool! he is now 19!!! i think it came from sesame street.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:19 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,122,470 times
never seen that show, but I always have

"pinwheel pinwheel spinning around. Look at my pinwheel and see what I found"

from the early 80's when Nickelodeon was first called Pinwheel

Old 03-18-2008, 12:12 AM

6,714 posts, read 7,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgurl View Post

It's OK, I do too!

Sharon, Lois, and Bram were my first concert when I was 2 years old! I'm 20 and still remember episodes, the song, and the hand motions!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 4,539 times
which kids' show did this song came from?I also have this strange song in my head from some children’s show (don’t remember the name of it). Maybe early eighties? I vaguely remember a bunch of teenagers muli-cultural cast raping and singing about education. I don’t remember the whole cast but I do remember this one fat black dude and one skinny black dude raping. Then I remember this strange song at the end of the credits… something like, You are all the world… you are what you say and do… I can’t remember the rest of the words, just the melody. Please help!

Old 11-15-2008, 12:46 PM

12,596 posts, read 6,929,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgurl View Post
Don't feel bad, browneyedgurl, I'm 55 and the songs of the tv shows of the 50's are still in my head. I don't think they will ever go away. That's why it gets so much harder to learn when you get older. The brain is like a sponge and absorbs so much when we are young. 30 years from now you can feel giddy when you reminise with others your age about these "trivial" things you remember. We babyboomers have fun with it, don't we gang???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV