Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 07:59 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Are those at no extra charge? I love love my Smart TV but I am looking at Roku TVs for someone else who wants to watch different things than I do.
They are free. Some, like NBC and ABC, require that you sign in with a cable/satellite provider to watch the newest episode. The CW doesn't have that requirement, and you can watch new shows on the app the day after they air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 08:14 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
They are free. Some, like NBC and ABC, require that you sign in with a cable/satellite provider to watch the newest episode. The CW doesn't have that requirement, and you can watch new shows on the app the day after they air.
I don't get that. I mean, cool about the CW, but if one has cable they could just watch the shows w/o the app.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:01 PM

8,067 posts, read 8,356,808 times
Quote:
I don't get that. I mean, cool about the CW, but if one has cable they could just watch the shows w/o the app.

A lot of apps for cable channels require that you authenticate you're subscribed to the channel through your TV provider. CWseed, however, doesn't.

Or you can subscribe to Sling TV ($25/mo) and use your login credentials to access stand-alone apps for channels included in your plan (Orange or Blue). For instance, Sling TV Orange has ESPN/2/3, but their ESPN3 channel is a pain in the butt to find anything. You can, however, use your Sling login credentials to access the Roku's standalone ESPN app, which is much easier to use. Standalone apps are often better than the same "channel" available through a "channel aggregator".

Old 07-05-2018, 07:30 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
If you're DVR screws up, your show is interrupted by breaking news/weather reports/sporting events, electricity goes out, storm interferes with satellite signal, etc... Or even if you are traveling out of town and want to catch up on a show, then its there to watch in the app.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV