Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 08:58 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,483,367 times

Advertisements

I hope either Kaleb or Spensha goes home tonight. Spensha did great in the middle of the song, but the first couple of lines and that last note were off to my ear. Kelly already had one eliminated, will the producers allow Kaleb to go too?

The Voice Contestants

Last edited by LillyLillyLilly; 05-01-2018 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 12:13 PM

1,227 posts, read 2,063,474 times
I doubt it, her team will probably stay intact! I did not like the performances of Kyla and Christiana at all. Britton is my top choice to win!

Old 05-02-2018, 06:00 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,346,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I don't think she is, but I don't follow country music closely any more.

Blake has made it very clear that he'd love to see an african american country star. I remember Charlie Pride and Ray Charles. Loved 'em both back in the 80's. I can't remember a female artist.

I think maybe a few R & B artists are trying to change their style to match up with Blake's "wants". And it sounds like Spensha is one of them, to my ear.

There sure were a lot of pitchy songs last night. This is the first time I didn't care for Britton's performance. Sounds like only one will be eliminated tonight, and Britton is the only one I care about not getting eliminated. Any of the others can go.

The Voice Contestants

Christiana has not been on-key Monday or Tuesday this week! I was hoping she'd go home
last night but the other one in the sing-off (name just flew out of my head) was off-key too and her song
choice was poor. I love Alicia but I am getting so tired of her rah-rah-rah for her team...
at least Adam from time to time will mention something about "nerves" or "that's a tough song"
which is his way of acknowledging it wasn't their best effort. I'm beginning to think Alicia
isn't hearing the same performance I am.

I think you may be right that Britton may be the ultimate champ.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:07 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,092 times
I like Alicia Keys as an artist and as a woman, but as a coach - she is not my favorite (not my least favorite, either). I do think she is very good at playing the game, but her long speeches about authenticity and thanks for showing us who you are as a person and how you have grown and how everything is a journey gets old to me. I think that she probably is authentic about some people (ie. she is managing Chris Blue's career which is a time commitment), but I think for the people she gives that same cliché speech to not so much because she can't think of anything wildly original to say to them. To be fair, I like Miley as a coach because of the amount she cares about her people. She paid for an apartment for Janice Freeman and family and while she has the money, she didn't have to do it. Miley is horrible at playing the long game on this show (which is where Alicia excels), though, and maybe that's why I like her so much. She seems to like what she likes regardless of how far she thinks it will go.

The only competition Britton really has is Brynn and she was off this week herself.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:15 AM

1,227 posts, read 2,063,474 times
Ugh, I just cannot stand Christiana's voice and I am bummed she got saved...I much preferred Sharane!

Old 05-02-2018, 08:30 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,483,367 times
I like Christiana's voice when she's on key. She has a really cool vibrato. But she was off key half her song last night. I hope she figures out how to control her nerves and comes back to the singer she was in the blinds.

Britton's not the best vocalist, but he's the best singer IMHO. He has stage presence and charm that's enjoyable to watch.

The Voice Contestants

Old 05-02-2018, 08:36 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,092 times
Britton has a total package I think. I like that he seems to know who he is - that’s something I feel is lacking this season.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:42 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,708 times
This season blows, with the exception of Kyla, they’re all pretty terrible. Funny thing is, I don’t really care much for her either. Not sure why people are hyped about Britton, mildly good looking and young?

Old 05-02-2018, 10:43 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,334 times
To me, none of the contestants sound as good during the live shows as they did during the auditions/battles/knockouts. They ALL sound off key at times.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:20 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,346,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSinger View Post
Ugh, I just cannot stand Christiana's voice and I am bummed she got saved...I much preferred Sharane!

I missed the start of Monday's competition so I just watched Sharane do "Hero."
Sorry, it was a train wreck. Christiana couldn't sing a note on key either but Sharane
did herself no favors. I predict Christiana will be gone in the next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV